A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Adopt A College Student/Recieve A Care Package Swap! SIGN UPS CLOSED!!  (Read 24325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitty1256
« on: August 29, 2006 07:35:12 AM »

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120737.0

**EVERYONE, INCLUDING THOSE WHO ARE ADOPTING, MUST FILL OUT THE QUESTIONAIRRE!  PLEASE DO NOT JUST ME ME AND LET ME KNOW WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT.  I NEED YOUR FULL INFORMATION FOR THIS SWAP SO THAT I CAN KEEP MY RECORDS UP TO DATE.  THANKS!!!**

**Also, when you do PM me to say that you would like to adopt, please make sure to specify who you would like to adopt.  Makes things easier for me.  Thanks!!!!**

Swap name:Adopt A College Student/Recieve A Care Package Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kitty1256
Sign-up date range: Now until people get bored
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you notify me you would like to send a care package to someone

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nope

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Nope
If so, which country?

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:

As some of us craftsters are headed off to college, we will be missing our loved ones, friends, and families back at home.  So we need some love from our fellow craftsters!  Adopt a college student and show them that you care.  Smiley  You can include anything in your college student care package, including cleaning supplies (we all need them), toiletries (we need those too), crafting supplies, things to decorate our dorms or apartments, etc.

You can choose to just adopt a college student, to just be adopted, or to both be adopted and to send something out to a fellow college student in return.

When you choose to send a care package to someone, please PM me with the craftster username of the person you would like to send a care package to.  I will send you their information, and you have 2 weeks to send out to them.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?
Would you like to adopt a college student, be adopted, or both?  If you are adopting a student, would you like to send out 1 care package, or how many would you like to send out?
What type of things would you like to recieve?
What type of things would you like to make?
Add any additional information here (favorite colors, etc).:
What school do you go to?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

College Students waiting for Care Packages (in order that info was received):

People Sending Care Packages:

Sent Outs:

Black= Has not sent
Blue= Package sent
Maroon = Package Recieved
Green = Feedback Left
Red= Contact me ASAP

Send Out By September 23
mllejess is sending a care package to Crafterbynite

Send Out By October 4
kitty1256 is sending a care package to naiara (sending late)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 01:31:45 PM by kitty1256 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 08:05:51 AM »

To add to the swap description above, there are no size requirements or item requirements that you MUST send in this swap.  Since it is sort of an "unconditional" swap (meaning that if you adopt someone, they won't necessairily send you something back, though they might, and college students: it would be nice to send something back if you wanted), you can send whatever you want, however small.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pawnshoppromises
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 08:12:46 AM »

This is such a great idea! I'm bookmarking this thread so as soon as I'm out of math class (checking Craftster while I should be paying attention in class..Tsk Tsk. Wink ) I can sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
kitty1256
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006 08:23:49 AM »

hopefully we get a lot of people to sign up!!!  i am uber excited about this swap.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowblanket
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006 09:14:51 AM »

i start classes today! i just moved in yesterday and i ALREADY miss my family almost unbearable amounts Sad

maybe i need to sign up for this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
kitty1256
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006 10:13:04 AM »

I hope we get some people who want to adopt some college students!  Don't forget that even if you are a college student, you can always send a care package out as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006 10:47:31 AM »

is this perhaps an idea to do on an ongoing basis? I can imagine that it isn't just going to college after Summer break that is a bit hard
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
kitty1256
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006 11:20:45 AM »

hmmm.....that is a good idea...........mayb e we could turn it into an on-going thing.  idk how though.  maybe i could post a list of people waiting to recieve care packages, and then people could come along and choose who they would like to send to.  does anyone want to do that?  it could sort of be an on-going thing until...whenever people get sick of it i guess.  but it has to be cool with the people who already signed up.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006 11:35:37 AM »

Hmmm, I'm going to revisit my finances and see about adopting someone.  I went to college in the same city I grew up in, but it was still hard being away from my family and my kitties.
Plus, everyone likes mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006 11:37:31 AM »

well, you could make it a seperate swap alltogether. That way people who've already signed up won't feel obligated/pressured into it??? Just a thought
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Your Aperture Setting
How to Use an External Flash
How to Take Pictures in Shadow
How to Take Pictures in Bright Sunlight
How to Take Nude Portraits
Latest Blog Articles
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...