A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clothes for my lil Chihuahua  (Read 4397 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feltfriends
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006 09:40:25 AM »

LEGWARMERS!! eeee!!!! that would be soooo cute! i want to go make some right now!! ohhh, they won't wear em? damn. Smiley  I love the idea of your little chis getting excited about wearing the clothes you made them!!  makes my longing for my own chihuahua even stronger!!!

more pix! more pix!

Grin kelley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

l0tusan6el
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006 08:34:31 AM »

yes I actually bought the legwarmers so they are a lil big. She didnt like um or rather I felt sorry for her because she looked so stiff and uncomfy wearing them. I think it was because they were a bit long. I may try crocheting my own and make um smaller. That way they dont go past her knee and make her stiff like... mm do dogs have knees?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feltfriends
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006 11:31:56 AM »

ha ha! hmm....backwards knees in the front.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006 07:30:26 AM »

If I had a little dog, she would have a whole wardrobe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ditsy
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006 11:47:39 AM »

I also have a little dog (Yorkshire terrier 4.5 lbs) and I've been thinking out crocheting him a sweater for when it gets a little colder.

I really loved your outfits (I sometimes wish Jake was a girl just so I can dress him up in cute girly things).

Did you do the pattern yourself or did you obtaining it somewhere else.

If you made it up yourself, you should write it down and sell it for a couple of bucks (or share it with us here *big grin*, I know lots of small dog owners would love to make the dress for their pooches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006 01:27:02 PM »

I also have a little dog (Yorkshire terrier 4.5 lbs) and I've been thinking out crocheting him a sweater for when it gets a little colder.

I really loved your outfits (I sometimes wish Jake was a girl just so I can dress him up in cute girly things).

Did you do the pattern yourself or did you obtaining it somewhere else.

If you made it up yourself, you should write it down and sell it for a couple of bucks (or share it with us here *big grin*, I know lots of small dog owners would love to make the dress for their pooches.

What you NEED to do is make Jake a little bomber jacket, like old airplane pilots used to wear? You could probably even make it out of real leather, because he is so small you would only need a small amount.

OR a leather biker jacket. OOooo...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ditsy
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006 01:53:06 PM »

What you NEED to do is make Jake a little bomber jacket, like old airplane pilots used to wear? You could probably even make it out of real leather, because he is so small you would only need a small amount.

OR a leather biker jacket. OOooo...

He has a little denim jacket that I plan to put on small studs and light weight chains on ... all I need to do is find a Megadeath patch for the back *snort* (I'm not really into heavy rock/metal, megadeath was just the first band that came to mind).

He also has a Chicago White Sox shirt (again I'm not so much a fan but my best mate, whoms home I spend a lot of time at, is a fan so I bought it to make her smile).

I also got him a little fishing jacket, its got loads of little pockets on the jacket and comes with the most adorable hat to keep the sun out of his face.

I do have various tee-shirts and stuff for him as well, but usually even the "small" stuff is too big for him.

Crocheting in my new big thing, I've been doing it all summer. I even have white V's on my inner elbows where I've sat in the sun with my arms bent towards me while I crocheted.

I'm really inspired by the original poster to make him a sweater for winter now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
l0tusan6el
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006 03:43:37 PM »

Thanks all!  Smiley

Here's a link to a great doggy sweater http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=194

I referenced this for the striped one I made for Lily, but I didnt follow it exactly because it was not the right size for her [too big].

For the crocheted dresses I pretty much winged it. I didnt have a pattern or anything.  I basically made a chain half the length from her neck to tail. Then I began crocheting a rectangle shape. I would leave gaps where her legs would go through, then I sewed up the long edge [this would be the belly] Does that make sense? On the edges to make a skirt I would do some scallops.  I never wrote down a pattern for it. If I make another one for this coming winter I'll keep track of what I do and post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feltfriends
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006 03:02:34 AM »

I must show you guys this picture! i didnt' make this stuff or anything but it's my very beloved friend Pepe' in his Harley jacket (since you were talking about bomber jackets). oh, crap, he's not wearing it. okay, but he's wearing goggles and that's freakin cute.

hope you enjoy it as much as I do! kelley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ditsy
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006 10:17:12 AM »

I must show you guys this picture! i didnt' make this stuff or anything but it's my very beloved friend Pepe' in his Harley jacket (since you were talking about bomber jackets). oh, crap, he's not wearing it. okay, but he's wearing goggles and that's freakin cute.

hope you enjoy it as much as I do! kelley

*snipped the picture*

That is an adorable picture Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 3
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 4
How to do a Graduated Bob with Shattered Layer - Part 1
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...