A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for craft fair or bazaar in Edmonton  (Read 10565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Valor Kids
« on: August 28, 2006 08:38:00 PM »

Looking to sell my wares at a fair or bazaar.  Does anyone here know what is out there in Edmonton? 

I am new to this board and hoping it will help me branch out into the unseen cloth diaper/children's clothing/natural soaps area.  I  have been selling online for several years but would like to be more local and more public if possible. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beadbakery
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007 06:59:58 PM »

Valor Kids, I'm also looking for craft shows in Edmonton especially from now till Christmas

Did you have any luck finding any shows?

Does anyone else know of shows coming up?

thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krisalis
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008 05:08:23 PM »

I'm going to bump this thread in the hopes that someone knows of some shows available in the Edmonton area.
I'll take info on any size show running straight through the new year.
Thabks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Etheren
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009 08:14:06 AM »

Check the website of the Alberta Craft Council, they usually have a list of upcoming shows.

My favourite is the Stop and Shop:
http://www.stopandshopshow.com/

royal bison is good too
http://www.royalbison.ca/

I've seen local crafters at the Fringe festival as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashal
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009 06:43:25 PM »

Thanks for the links!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyE
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009 04:13:17 PM »

This is the Newest thing in Edmonton, brought to you by one of the producers of Stop and Shop and fellow crafty girl attendee of both the Stop and Shop and the Bison!

Facebook Invite:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566966487&ref=nf&nectar_impid=aab9f92a01f2b2e7e112516dc698af9e&nectar_navimpid=c331a236fd96703a99e1155f43aa26ab#/event.php?eid=71513075478

Call for Artists

The Handmade Mafia is looking for vendors interested in attending a monthly craft show. The show is to be held the first Saturday of every month, making it Edmonton and areas only monthly indie show.

The Down and Dirty:

Who: You, come become part of the family. We want ONLY handmade items made by you.

What: This is an indie show to help support all of us, small local crafters/makers extraordinaire! We want the feeling of a collective; our Mafia is not one of criminals but one of people sharing a common interest looking out for each other as our own family.

When: First show is scheduled for April 4th from 10-4pm at both Savoy & Orange Hall. This market will happen every 1st Saturday of the month Theres no stopping us!

Where: Both Savoy and Orange Hall, allowing for cross promotion and a craft walk feel for shoppers.

The cost of table is $40/Saturday. We are also looking for a few volunteers to help with postering the city and possibly a few other things. If you scratch our back we are willing to scratch yours!

There is a possibility of having a space in the Orange hall where shoppers can come in and make their own craft. Whether this will be one type of craft for all to make or just having some crafty things available for them to get creative with- we are currently unsure about. We are looking for your input on this as well as if you may have some old crafty bits you are not using that you would donate for this cause.

Both Ally and Amy are extremely excited about this show and have big plans for it. We promise to work hard and make this a great show for us all.

Contact either Amy: amyjedgar@hotmail.com
Or Ally: msallyng@gmail.com

We hope to have all interested applicants confirm by the 21st of each prior month. We understand it may not be possible to attend every month but we think this is great as it allows for a rotation of crafters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
Bootyfly Bags
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009 08:33:37 PM »

Make It Edmonton returning this fall!! Checkout out some of the action from our highly successful Vancouver show:
www.makeitproductions.com

Details to come this June!

Thanks,
Jenna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Make It
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009 02:46:32 PM »

Handmade Nation comes to Edmonton Saturday July 18th!

Make It Productions is thrilled to present the premier screening of Handmade Nation at the Trans Alta Arts Barn!

www.handmadenationmovie.com

Here is some information on the documentary:

Faythe Levine traveled 19,000 miles to document what has emerged as a marriage between historical technique, punk culture, and the D.I.Y. ethos. For HANDMADE NATION she and Cortney Heimerl have selected 24 makers and 5 essayists who work within different media and have different methodologies to provide a microcosm of the crafting community. Participants in this community share ideas and encouragement through websites, blogs, boutiques, galleries, and craft fairs. Together they have forged a new economy and lifestyle based on creativity, determination, and networking.

Twenty-four artists from Olympia, Washington to Providence, Rhode Island, and everywhere in between show their work and discuss their lives. Texts by Andrew Wagner of American Craft magazine, Garth Johnson of ExtremeCraft.com, Callie Janoff of the Church of Craft, Betsy Greer of Craftivism.com, and Susan Beal, author of Super Crafty, supply a critical view of the tight-knit community where ethics can overlap with creativity and art with community. Handmade Nation features photographs of the makers, their work environment, their process, their work, and discussions of how they got their start and what motivates them. Handmade Nation is a fascinating book for those who are a part of the emerging movement or just interested in sampling its wares.

Heres how you can get involved in this exciting opportunity:

Become an exhibitor at our one day Make It sale the day of the screening

From 10am to 5pm we will have a handmade market featuring 30 local designers in the lobby of the Arts Barn open to the public.

Price for a 5 by 5 spot is $100 (+GST)

Price for an 8 by 5 spot is $150 (+GST)

Includes electricity, a chair and 2 free tickets to the screening at 8pm

Load in time will be at 8am

Table rental is $10

Sponsor the screening of Handmade Nation

Have your logo placed on all our press and marketing material. This is a great way to get your brand out there and create public recognition. We are planning to do a ton of media promotion for the screening so this is an amazing opportunity!

Price for sponsorship is $95 (+GST)

If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor or a sponsor please let me know as soon as possible and I will send you a PayPal invoice. If you would like to pay by cheque that can also be arranged.

Tickets for the film will go on sale next week. They are $12 and can be purchased online.

Thank you so much everyone and we are very excited to work with you!

Jenna & Chandler

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preventing or Removing Red Eye
Stop Motion Digital Photography
Wedding Photography and Posed Pictures Advice
Taking Candid Wedding Photos
Photography Battery Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...