A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 306,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12" Crochet Square of the Month Craftalong (w/pattern links)  (Read 82986 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2007 09:24:41 AM »

Here is my October easy square! I was going to post it before I had breakfast this morning, but I realized that I had left it in the car (craft day at a friend's house yesterday) and I was still in my PJs. I knew I had to post the pic to prove that I had actually done it!  Grin Grin Wink

I used Simply Soft Grey Heather. I had to add two extra rounds to get it to the 12" size. I've printed out the November easy square, which also uses an I hook, so I might have to find a J to make this one with.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007 09:26:20 AM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
sunspotted
« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2007 10:29:37 AM »

Thanks for the praise all.

Very pretty craftADDchick, I love that colour. 

heini - I love how your cat appears to match your squares.  Smiley

My February square is white and I'm having trouble getting a picture of it.  Also, I couldn't sleep last night, so I made the January easy square.  This morning, I noticed a mistake back on Rnd 7, so I'm frogging.  Insomnia and crochet are unmix-y things. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2007 06:37:44 AM »

It's that time again!

I'm in the process of making this easy square and am finding it very easy, however, the designer has it listed on her site as 'challenging' - I trust that those of you that are newer to crochet won't have any troubles with it.  Just be sure to read the instructions carefully - truly, it's not hard!

Easy

I'm giving you more experienced people a challenge this month with the experienced square.  I really want to make it and gave it a try but got stuck on round 3!  I haven't given up but just can't figure it out so I thought maybe someone here could.  So, here's my challenge - if you can figure it out, PLEASE tell me and the rest of us what you did.  In the mean time, I'll keep trying to get past this round.

Experienced

amdm figured out the solution and here's the new Round 3 she came up with (and it works!!!):

Rnd 3 : join red, sc in same st, 2 sc in next st, fptr in Rnd 1, *skip the st directly behind the fptr on Rnd 3, 2 sc in next, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st. Skip 1 dc on Rnd 1, fptr around next dc on Rnd 1.  Continue from * till last st on Rnd 3, 2 sc into last st, join with sl st.

Be sure to post pictures as you get these and other months done  Grin
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007 03:10:58 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2007 11:45:40 AM »

Homerof2, thanks for keep this CAL up. i love the squares!

i will be back on track real soon with new yarn choice. turned out that my stash busting idea was not that good.. the yarn is terrible..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2007 12:27:47 PM »

i have a question.. when i was trying to do the birthday flower square, i ended up with frills, ALOT. what makes it to frill?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2007 01:22:24 PM »

I printed off the Experienced square and started on it right away, and I am not surprised you got stuck. As far as I can make out, the calculations given are incorrect. Rnd 3 has to be done in such a way as to get the correct number of stitches for Rnd 4. The total given by the designer at the end of Rnd 3 is 40 sc, 10 fptr. This adds up to 50, but you will need 60 sts if Rnd 4 is to work out as directed.
    This is what I re-wrote it as:
Rnd 3 : join red, sc in same st, 2 sc in next st, fptr in Rnd 1, skip the st directly behind the fptr on Rnd 3, 2 sc in next, sc in next st, 2 sc in next st. Skip 1 dc on Rnd 1, fptr around next dc on Rnd 1.
Continue till last st on Rnd 3, 2 sc into last st, join with sl st.
    After this, Rnds 4 to 11 worked out without any trouble. I am now on Rnd 12, and juggling with the stitches to make the corners match.
    I hope this makes sense. Please try it and see if it works out for you and post if you find a better way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2007 02:38:43 PM »

Quote from: tinybits
i have a question.. when i was trying to do the birthday flower square, i ended up with frills, ALOT. what makes it to frill?

Without seeing a picture of it, I'm guessing too many stitches in one or more rounds.  Could you post a picture of what you have so far and maybe I, or someone else, can help better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 31, 2007 03:04:20 PM »

amdm, you are a genius (maybe you should be running this CAL!)  I tried your directions and they worked out just fine.  I'm going to copy them and put them in my June post so that others can get this correct.  THANKS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2007 05:38:07 PM »

yay!  more patterns  Cheesy.  Thanks for the correction, too.  I haven't started it yet but that probably saved me from alot of frustration.  It doesn't feel like its June already!   (wow!)   Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
amdm
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2007 11:24:53 PM »

Homerof2 - I am so glad that you found the corrections useful. I often fudge to make patterns come out the way I want them to, but if someone asks how I did it, I am unable to give a coherent answer. This time I had to get the result shown in the picture, and in a way that would make sense to others, so I kept writing down whatever I did, and, fortunately, it made sense to you.
       Have you finished your squares ? I haven't even started the Easy one, but it looks a very pretty pattern. I am waiting to see your pics.
       And, btw, I could never run any kind of CAL, let alone this one. There is so much searching involved,  then evaluating for difficulty level, getting the squares done, pics posted, and all within a definite time frame, as well as answering queries, and keeping everyone going - I admire you for doing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...