A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12" Crochet Square of the Month Craftalong (w/pattern links)  (Read 63250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2007 06:27:45 PM »

I was going to skip around, too, but I figured that I needed to have some order to it. I have 6 rounds of the October easy square done, and I've figured out the pattern so I don't have to read it as I go (whew!). My only problem is going to be that I'll have to add on rounds to make it to the 12" size. As much as I try, I still crochet too tight! And, I couldn't find a larger hook, so I just went with it.

If I have time to crochet tomorrow night, I might get it finished. If not, then probably Saturday and I'll post a pic on Sunday.

I'm so glad I finally got started!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Homerof2

« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2007 06:34:15 PM »

Quote from: craftADDchick

So am I!  I don't know about the rest of you but I was getting tired of all these empty promises that you were actually going to start   Grin   Tongue   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2007 03:17:53 AM »

sunspotted - your squares are looking great, and I really admire your methodical approach to getting them all done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heini
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2007 09:25:31 AM »

Here's some pics.

I finished the easy square of April quite a long time ago, but haven't post pics earlier, because I thought I'd finish the experienced one first. I left out the flower, I thought it was better for this afghan without it. I ran out of yarn I used and rest of my yarns are much thinner. I'll have to wait until my mom starts to dye again and ask her if she could dye something thick enough. But i took a picture of it anyway.

This month I made a bed for cat. I'll try to take better pictures later.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 10:12:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2007 10:35:53 AM »

Heini - I love the colours you are using. How lucky you are to have your mother dyeing them for you. I also love your cat, but doesn't she scratch the wool to pieces ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2007 11:13:27 AM »

craftADDchick-- i am glad to hear u have finally started!! YAY!!! i actually have 2 others done, just havent posted them yet.  Undecided oh and "tight" crocheting is nothing bad, at least ur squares will really show the cute designs ( like the butterfly one) post asap chica!!!!

heini- im glad im not the only one that runs out of yarn... u will see when i post my back squares.  Cheesy

homerof2- you go girl!!! ( this would be funny if u knew me- cause i NEVER say it..he he)  tell it to us straight, keep us in line!!!  Wink

sunspotted- good job on your squares!! im also using colors that are not exactly my fav.s- just some i had in my stash. but i do declare, i really like that teal color!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2007 11:28:16 AM »

heini-Those squares look really nice!  I wish my mother would dye for me (haha, that's a pun!! Wink ).  I especially love the first one.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
heini
« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2007 11:29:48 AM »

amdm: No, usually she just sleeps on things, she scratches only the pole that she's supposed to scratch and sometimes rugs. Our other cat isn't so good with her nails (are cat's nails called nails?) and sometimes she gets stuck on fabrics, like curtains or woven blankets. But Feija, who is on the picture, doesn't have that kind of problems.

And thank you. I certainly do have a great mom. She also gives me knitted things that she has made of those yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2007 12:17:28 PM »

So am I!  I don't know about the rest of you but I was getting tired of all these empty promises that you were actually going to start   Grin   Tongue   Grin

Ah, yes! I have been feeling  guilty that I've had to keep putting it off. So, I blew off working on a swap item and worked on this instead! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 26, 2007 10:50:50 AM »

So am I!  I don't know about the rest of you but I was getting tired of all these empty promises that you were actually going to start   Grin   Tongue   Grin
lol!  I haven't been here long enough to hear all of the promises  Tongue, but I'm glad you joined.  I went to the store and bought more purple yarn for the squares yesterday, and came back with four more skeins of yarn (That aren't purple, so they don't quite match).  Sadly though, I am sharing them with my mom, but she doesn't crochet as much as me, so I might get to them before her.  Grin Yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Turkey
How to Make a Lighter Cranberry Relish for Thanksgiving
Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Make-Ahead Turkey Recipe Saves Time on Thanksgiving Day
Creative Ways to Use Holiday Leftovers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...