A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12" Crochet Square of the Month Craftalong (w/pattern links)  (Read 64581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2007 12:22:42 PM »

I want to participate too! I just haven't had a chance to start yet. I'm hoping that, this summer, I can get caught up and stay caught up for the rest of the year. I've been following along, and will be starting in about a month, I hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2007 06:30:31 PM »

Your squares are again beautiful amdm!!  I love the colors you are using and can't wait to see the whole thing finished.

I'm going to keep going - I was just discouraged for a few days.  I have May's squares picked out and I'll be posting in a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2007 06:41:38 AM »

I am so relieved to hear you are not going to stop. Your idea for a CAL was a very good one, and it would be really sad if you felt unappreciated and gave up. I know some CALS do fade away after a while, but you have invested so much time and effort into choosing appropriate patterns, and being so punctual in your posts, you deserve to know that people appreciate it, and want you to continue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Horse Power
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2007 07:08:35 AM »

Just found this crochetalong yesterday ~ I had to try out the pretty butterfly square, and I love it! I've never tried making the 12" squares before, they're very impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2007 07:48:29 AM »

I've been following this crochet-along for a while, and hope to participate soon, but didn't really clue in to how big the squares are until I read your post Horse Power!  Cheesy I've been seeing the words 12" Crochet Square, but not really letting it sink in. Sometimes I just don't pay attention to the details!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tehandehness
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2007 07:48:54 AM »

I'm sorry I've kinda crapped out on this!  I do want to continue, but I have just been so busy with finals coming up, and working a lot.  Hopefully after finals I'll have some extra time to catch up! 

Not to mention my camera is broken.  A whole month after the warrenty ended. *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop!  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=51693

Christmas Blanket 1 3/16
Christmas Blanket 2 4/16
50+ Washcloth Along 2/50
Homerof2

« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2007 08:24:42 AM »

Quote from: amdm
I am so relieved to hear you are not going to stop. Your idea for a CAL was a very good one, and it would be really sad if you felt unappreciated and gave up.

I hope I didn't give the impression that I feel unappreciated - that's not what I meant at all.  I just figured that if no one was doing this, other than me, there was no sense posting the patterns each month.  I'm glad to know that some people are still involved and I'll gladly keep picking patterns to complete the year  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2007 08:26:55 AM »

Quote from: craftADDchick
I've been following this crochet-along for a while, and hope to participate soon, but didn't really clue in to how big the squares are until I read your post Horse Power!  Cheesy I've been seeing the words 12" Crochet Square, but not really letting it sink in.

In my not so humble opinion, 12" squares are the best to make.  Not only are there some fantastic designs out there, it also doesn't take a huge amount of them to make a complete afghan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2007 09:00:49 AM »

Quote from: craftADDchick
I've been following this crochet-along for a while, and hope to participate soon, but didn't really clue in to how big the squares are until I read your post Horse Power!  Cheesy I've been seeing the words 12" Crochet Square, but not really letting it sink in.

In my not so humble opinion, 12" squares are the best to make.  Not only are there some fantastic designs out there, it also doesn't take a huge amount of them to make a complete afghan!

Which is the reason I'm definitely doing this- I might even try to get a start on the October squares in a week or two. Making a square at a time suits the ADD part of my name Wink I can feel that sense of accomplishment, and then move on to something else. And, 12 (or 24) squares is a number I can handle. I think the hardest part for me will be stitching it all together at the end!

Thanks for starting (and continuing) this crochet-along!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2007 12:33:21 PM »

joining together is always the most irritating part, which is why I join as I go, and crochet, not sew them together. This is partly to prevent myself going mad at the prospect of sewing together a huge pile of pieces, and partly because it is so encouraging to see the project taking shape, rather than having all the pieces bundled up in a cupboard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You Can Rock Designer Fall Fashion Trends For Less
Style Sound-Off: Miley Cyrus, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum
4 Tricks to Break in Your Boots
10 Styling Tips for 1 Gray Suit
4 Affordable, Fall Looks For the Office
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...