A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,357
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12" Crochet Square of the Month Craftalong (w/pattern links)  (Read 71991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006 03:04:31 AM »

according to yarnstandarts.com my yarn is sport weight. i am using 3 mm hook and i think to get the 12" i will have to work 10 more rows or so... i didnt bother to go one size up or something to get the recommended gauge. my first plan was to put green on the middle and then black, as it grows more and more i thought it needs a bit more a green touch..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006 05:34:31 PM »

Quote from: tinybits
according to yarnstandarts.com my yarn is sport weight. i am using 3 mm hook and i think to get the 12" i will have to work 10 more rows or so...

Yikes, that's a lot more work to get to the right size.  Maybe next month you should try using worsted weight and a larger hook  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2006 11:35:54 PM »

Yikes, that's a lot more work to get to the right size.  Maybe next month you should try using worsted weight and a larger hook  Grin

yeah you are right, now i am about to finish and i have millions of rows.. i wouldnt mind this but what if the next patterns will not  be suitable to make it bigger with additional rows in a nice way? so i might rip it off and start with two strands held together.. and hope it will work...

i cant beleive how 12"  is so big!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DarthSqurl
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2006 12:58:48 PM »

Finally finished my squares! Now to find them in all this unpacking mess to take pictures...where is my digital anyhow?  I can't wait until November!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes, my guinea pig is hairless.
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006 10:52:42 AM »

So, here goes - Novembers picks!

For this month, I decided that I was going to make the squares ahead to see if I could get them to work out for me and, also, if anyone had questions, I had at least made them and could hopefully answer.

For the easy square, I followed the directions exactly, using worsted weight yarn and an I hook (5.5 mm) and my square came out just over 12".  So, I know that this one is okay.  Click below to be taken to the easy  pattern:

Easy

Now, the experience square takes a little more explanation - when you open the link you will see that the designer says "This square is easy to make..." well, I disagreed with that statement for 2 reasons.  First, the way it's written is different than I have ever seen and a little confusing to follow and second, you have to work on 2 different rows at the same time and I think that moves it to the experienced area.  I also found 2 errors and I show the corrections below the link.  I followed the directions and used worsted weight and an H hook (5 mm) and came out to exactly 12".    So, click below for the experienced square:

Experienced

Corrections:

Rnd 12 should read - Ch5.  (Dc in next sc, ch2, 4 times...

Rnd 14 should read - Bcl in same st as slst.  (Ch2, sk 2 sc, cl in next sc, 6 times...

Hope you all enjoy these and I can't wait to see pictures!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
amdm
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2006 09:39:50 PM »

I am so glad to see the squares up. I have already made the experienced square for a blanket, and can't wait to see all the different interpretations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2006 11:31:26 PM »

wow! they look great! i bought a new hook and will double strand to get the feeling of worsted weight so watch out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myste
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2006 03:26:49 PM »

oh no, november is up and i haven't even posted my october results yet. i better get crackin

this month's are very pretty as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amethyst
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2006 03:53:55 AM »

Thanks for putting them up. I'm almost done of the easy one, I decided to do it in one colour, dark green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amethyst
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2006 04:51:24 AM »

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I cannot figure out how to do the experienced one. Once I get to the part where you add the white, it just makes no sense to me. So I put it down for now and started this one instead: http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/mandala.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup Trends Shimmery Eyes
Brighten Dark Spots with These 6 Products
Strobing - We Try The Latest Makeup Craze
This 3-Ingredient Makeup Remover Can Tackle Any Caked-On Mess
The Best 4th of July Nail Designs Posted to Instagram
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...