A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 12" Crochet Square of the Month Craftalong (w/pattern links)  (Read 71499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tehandehness
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2006 08:03:40 PM »

I LOVE the experianced pattern.  It worked up so easily, and it looks much more complex than it ended up being.

Of course, I am having trouble on the easy one.  Thats just my luck.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop!  http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=51693

Christmas Blanket 1 3/16
Christmas Blanket 2 4/16
50+ Washcloth Along 2/50
Milaja
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2006 11:10:12 PM »

Amethyst, I'm planning on doing them in all kind of weird and wonderful colours. Don't know if it will work out in the end but at least it won't be boring Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heini
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006 06:45:47 AM »

Here's what I made.

My easy square became right size when I used bigger hook, even if the right size hooks aren't available anymore. I crocheted with 5mm hook and I didn't crochet as tight as I normally do. My mom has dyed the yarns with natural colours (plants and/or mushrooms).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010 10:13:34 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006 06:15:32 PM »

More wonderful squares!

tmd, it looks like you and I had the same idea - I, too, used a dark purple for the easy square (really, it's not blue like it looks)

http://www3.telus.net/public/rcesau1/octcrochet.jpg

On a different note - I am amazed at how many of you used multiple colors for the easy square.  When I first started picking out patterns for October, I decided to keep the easy one simple and tried to find a pattern with only one color.  Then, I decided that for November, we would try 2 colors on the easy square and get some experience changing colors, however, it's obvious most of you know about color changes!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 01:45:56 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
libbybee
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2006 02:09:04 AM »

Everyones squares look fab, and I have bought my yarn (browns and greens so it can go on my sons bed), but I'm stuck on the easy square at row 2 when it says "dc around half dc" - can anyone help?  I don't understand where to put the hook in to do the dc.

I may try the more experienced square to see how I get on with that!  I am quite new to chrochet and have been practising the stitches to make stripy scarves and a blanket, so it is a bit strange following a pattern! 
Thanks for your help 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my blog at www.florencesattic.typepad.com, or come visit my quilting zine at www.thequarterinch.wordpress.com
Amethyst
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2006 07:46:59 AM »

I confess, for the easy one, I didn't get why the pattern was making it so complicated and winged it. I could try doing what I did again for the first couple of rows so I remember, and post that here. Just need to go grocery shopping first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2006 08:55:34 AM »

libbybee,
               at the end of the first round you made 1 hdc into the 3rd of beginning 3 ch. That hdc formed a loop, which is the corner of the square. You insert your hook into that loop. Hope this helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
curlymonkey
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2006 09:43:25 AM »

Everyones squares look fab, and I have bought my yarn (browns and greens so it can go on my sons bed), but I'm stuck on the easy square at row 2 when it says "dc around half dc" - can anyone help?  I don't understand where to put the hook in to do the dc.

This is what I do: insert the hook around the post/stem of the prior dc instead of in.
Hope it helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amdm
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2006 10:43:52 AM »

Homerof2, As I have said before, this CAL is an absolutely brilliant idea, and, a huge number of people think so, too. So, please, please consider starting a doiley CAL, just like this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2006 01:17:27 PM »

Quote from: libbybee
but I'm stuck on the easy square at row 2 when it says "dc around half dc" - can anyone help?  I don't understand where to put the hook in to do the dc.

I know that amdm has already answered this but I wanted to highlight her answer again so that everyone sees it and gets it right!

Quote from: amdm
at the end of the first round you made 1 hdc into the 3rd of beginning 3 ch. That hdc formed a loop, which is the corner of the square. You insert your hook into that loop. Hope this helps.     

Be sure to insert the hook INTO the loop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Style and Lemon Balsamic Green Beans Recipe
Home Brew Hoisin Ribs Recipe
Braised Baby Carrots Recipe
How to Make Pork Loin Roast Sandwiches
How to make Arugula and Scallops with Cornbread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...