A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swedish Fabric Scrap Baby Shower Invitations -  (Read 2364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amemm
« on: August 27, 2006 01:55:22 PM »

I'm planning a surprise baby shower for my sister who lives in Sweden. Over there, there really isn't anything comparable to a baby shower, and many people have no idea what it is.

I made the invitations myself by printing out the umbrella handle and tip on card stock, along with the wording. Then, I went through my huge stash of fabric scraps, and cut out little umbrellas that I attached by sewing them to the card stock.

For the other side, I first made a background out of scrapbook paper with a baby shower theme, and I printed out the specifics on a smaller piece of white paper, that I then glued to the scrapbook paper background. This also covers the back side of the stitched umbrellas. I made the title - baby shower - look as though it had been pulled from a dictionary (I included pronounciation, and part of speech) and then defined exactly what a baby shower is..

I put each invitation in a vellum envelope and mailed them out.. It was fun, and wasn't too much trouble. Here are some pictures.

The front of some of the cards

The back of the cards with the text
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011 09:36:08 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006 02:50:54 PM »

So Clever and So Adorable! It's hard to imagine there isn't an equivalent in Sweden! (I KNOW they have babies there  Smiley )

Very nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006 05:18:56 PM »

as an oregonian (well, until i moved to ohio this year) i'm a sucker for anything with umbrellas.  those invites look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty club
old is the new new

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006 06:57:15 AM »

as a swede (and yes we have babies here!) I can say that these will probably be a tremendous success! it just isn't our tradition or culture to throw extravagant parties for this reason, but recently more people have become interested in american parties and celebrations of different kinds. even though baby showers are unheard of, the occasion itself is something many people would appreciate. especially when accompianied by beautiful invitations and these diaper cakes I have seen on craftster.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the mermaids in the basement came out to look at me
pixing
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006 07:52:28 AM »

those are darling - simple and sweet  Smiley

I saw the subject and had to peek since all of my grandparents are all Sweden-born Americans and love Swedish folk art - I thought you meant that you were using Swedish fabric lol

good luck with the shower!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006 11:51:13 AM by pixing » THIS ROCKS   Logged
msalowishus

Virginia is for lovers.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007 09:36:54 AM »

these are so cute! i'll have to remember this next time i need baby shower invites!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch Chibi Hair
How to Draw a Strong Man
How to Do Graffiti Letters
How to Do Graffiti Colors
How to Use Calligraphy Ink
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...