A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Granny Square Crochetalong  (Read 16544 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shine
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006 11:18:11 AM »

i like the idea of large squares combined with small squares. i saw something like that in the spring issue interweave crochet (i think it was the spring issue).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006 01:15:35 PM »

I'm halfway through with my pillowghan, and I'm getting tired of it  Roll Eyes I want squares with little to no holes, so I have to do really solid ones. And I'm bored with the same thing over and over.

I really should have waited to do all the pillow parts until later. Then I could have had variety!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006 04:03:12 PM »

I just learned to crochet this week and so far my granny squares are more successful than my scarf made up of sc and dc (ithink I accidentially keep adding extra stitches at the ends lol).  I am going out to Newfoundland for 2 weeks and my crochet is going with me - in my checked luggage of course, so my hooks aren't confinscated!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
bixby2
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006 11:11:16 AM »

Hey guys! 

Like shine says, we have been discussing grannys over at the scrap afghan crochetalong too!  We have all had grannys on the brain  Cheesy  There are some more pictures over there and some cool patterns, like hexes, rectangles and triangles if you guys want to try some other shapes.

There are some cool grannys here.  I like the big green one!  I have a bunch of green yarn, I might have to make something like that  Wink

Lava - I have a half finished random granny afghan.  I decided I would have 3 different sizes of square and then I went to a random number generator and had it spit out a number sequence for me.  That is the order I am putting the squares in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006 07:55:51 PM »

i'm SO close to being finished a granny square blanket i started about 3 weeks ago, but i ran out of pink so i need to go get more tomorrow. =( it's a continuous square like that green one, except mine is pink and black (i had 2 red heart pounders from walmart). although i am very jealous at how gorgeous that green and blue one came out!!! mine is a little floppy because the yarn weights weren't quite the same (never trust cheap yarn lol). but i still like it. =) i'll post it when it's finished, good luck guys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lava means love.
I'm listening!

It could be worse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006 10:13:19 PM »

Wow Leesespieces, three weeks is great!  It is going to take me considerably longer to finish my afghan.

Bixby-thanks so much for the random number generator idea!  I'll try it.

Also, I wanted to let you all know that there is one more granny square afghan crochetalong out there at:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117318.0
I've been told that the focus of that crochetalong is that a few different 12'' granny square patterns will be given monthly, and at the end of the crochetalong, everyone will have enough squares for an afghan.  Pretty great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006 11:45:24 PM »

here are a couple pics of 2 granny square blankets I have finished in the last month

This one I made for my niece
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dewbaby00/more%20crochet/crochet001.jpg
and this one for my nephew
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/dewbaby00/davidsblanket003.jpg
I will porbably be making a few more of these blankets for my own kids and a couple more nieces and nephews. they go pretty fast when Im in the mood to crochet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013 06:48:07 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006 07:12:14 AM »

that rainbow variegated yarn looks AWESOME! i love that blanket!

lava means love - the only reason it only took 3 weeks is that i've been on summer break from college and i stopped working for a while so i had NOTHING but free time LOL, and i'd really like to finish it before i go back (tuesday) because i just know that it'll get shoved in a corner and forgotten about if i dont.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shine
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006 03:25:11 PM »

I am going out to Newfoundland for 2 weeks and my crochet is going with me - in my checked luggage of course, so my hooks aren't confinscated!!!!

when i went to paris in june i was worried about my crochet hooks, too. i checked the website of my airline (iceland air) and they said crochet hooks WERE allowed. later, when i called iceland air to request vegetarian meals i also doubled checked if crochet hooks were OK to carry on. the woman i spoke with said they weren't. confused, i looked online again. the website said that hooks were fine to carryon.

with this decidely opposite info, i chose to take a risk and bring my hook and yarn. if the hook was confinscated, i'd be pissed... but not as pissed if i didn't bring the hook and discovered other people crocheting and knitting on board. i was so glad i took the chance. no one questioned my hooks--either at the xray machines OR while waiting for the plane OR while on the plane.

obviously, i didn't have scissors or a blade to cut my yarn. i managed to use my crochet hook to rip the yarn, strand by strand. it was not the easiest method. nor did it make a nice, clean break. but it was good enough.

pinkkittypiper, have you double checked the carryon guidelines for the airlines you'll be flying? in my opinion, it's definitely worth it to investigate. crocheting on the plane was very fun... it made the long flight go by really fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006 05:06:42 PM »

Are fingernail clippers allowed on planes? Once in awhile when I can't find scissors I use nail clippers to clip my yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Thanksgiving Feast for Under $50
Enthusiasts Brave Cold Weather For Amazing Sandwiches
4 Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Sides
Cheap Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Fondue
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...