A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 305,027
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: A Very Crochet Christmas Along  (Read 7820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunnyrabbit

will trade craft supplies for yarn!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008 01:41:58 PM »

how did youi make fingers in your gloves?  Shocked  i feel like i've mastered the whole mitten thing, but fingers are new territory for me. they're awesome!

anyone else feel like they need some moral support in the home stretch here?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
coryjo
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2008 08:21:23 AM »

how did youi make fingers in your gloves?  Shocked  i feel like i've mastered the whole mitten thing, but fingers are new territory for me. they're awesome!

Thank you  Cheesy  I had never done fingers before, but just followed the instructions on the pattern.  I got the pattern off of ravelry, so if you're on their too it's the pattern called Sue's Crocheted Mittens/Fingerless Gloves.  It was a good first time for fingers pattern, lol.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2009 09:47:36 AM »

Just a little update, everyone I made the potholders for loved them, and I got to talk to my mom and sister in Washington last night and everyone ther loved the afghans and shawl. Now to make a list of who and what for this yr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coryjo
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009 09:48:37 AM »

Just a little update, everyone I made the potholders for loved them, and I got to talk to my mom and sister in Washington last night and everyone ther loved the afghans and shawl. Now to make a list of who and what for this yr.

Just before I went to see my parents my mom requested crocheted pot holders for Christmas.  Thought that was kinda funny  Grin  Here's what the kind I make look like:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009 10:57:58 AM »

Just before I went to see my parents my mom requested crocheted pot holders for Christmas.  Thought that was kinda funny  Grin  Here's what the kind I make look like:

AH!! How do you make those?!?! A friend of mine has a few from someone and I really liked them! Is there a pattern you follow?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009 10:58:25 AM by DragonRhapsody » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009 11:36:37 AM »

I just did 5 rnds of double crochet increases and then single crocheted 2 together(circles) together for my pot holders. I have found that the rnd ones go alot faster for me then squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coryjo
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009 03:45:42 PM »

My pattern was from my mom, who got it from my aunt who got it from Huh??.  I think my aunt made it up but I'm not sure.  Anyway w/a G hook chain 81 and join.  Then single crochet around until it reaches about 4 1/2 to 4 3/4".  Then you sew the bottom together.  Lay the potholder on the table and fold the open end so that the middle pushes out to form points.  Sew together and chain a loop on one end for hanging.  In my very bad picture the first square is the holder before sewing.  The second picture is after you sew the bottom.  Pull out on the fabric where the arrows are.  The bottom is what the finished pot holder will look like.  The lines are where you sewed it closed. 

Basically after you sew the bottom closed when you fold over the top the ends should touch.  If they don't keep crocheting till they do.  I hope this isn't too confusing  Tongue

Edited:  I just did a quick search on ravelry and found this pattern: http://www.baycrochet.com/patorig.htm.  It's almost exactly the same, just a lot fewer stitches so would be smaller.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009 03:51:32 PM by coryjo - Reason: pattern found » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nmcmillen2006
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009 10:16:08 AM »

I also will be crocheting Christmas gifts as it will save on my money that I don't have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - Overview
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...