A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's going on with Spunmag?  (Read 2241 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calista
« on: August 26, 2006 08:46:54 PM »

Hey, does anybody know what's going on with Spunmag?
The editor asked me whether I wanted to submit my pattern when I posted my knitted top about six weeks ago.
She said everything was ready to publish and she needed a few more patterns at that time.
Even though I sent my pattern to her about a month ago, it's not on the site yet.
I didn't even get the check which I was supposed to receive as an honorarium.
It was a summer design, but the summer is almost over. There are many people asking me for the pattern.
I'm dying to post it on my website, but I can't because of our agreement which prohibits me from posting it elsewhere while my pattern is on the newest issue of the magazine. 
 I've emailed her about it couple of times and sent a craftster message asking what was happening , but didn't get any reply.
Is anybody else here involved with Spunmag? I wanna know what's going on.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006 08:53:08 PM by calista » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FairyAngel
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006 12:53:11 PM »

hello  i have been checking on spun mag everyday  they changed summer issue to fall issue  i guess there is not going to be summer issue  just fall issue... i dont know what is going on with spunmag...it seems some people are having hard time contacting the owner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitrat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006 11:51:54 AM »

I've also written the ed. re: contributing and had no reply.. sounds like they have too much going on and aren't keeping up with responsibilities. too bad, b/c I like past editions.

What kind of an agreement do you have? was in in email? If you didn't sign a piece of paper, is an agreement like that even binding? I have no idea but I doubt it. I would look around some legal advice sites and find out if you are really obligated or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneTwo
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006 02:25:11 PM »

Trina is difficult to contact. Sometimes she responds to me right away and sometimes my emails just seem to drop into the dust. I think Spunmag has been having some challenges but, so far, I think she's committed to keeping it all together. Hopefully we'll hear soon when the new issue is coming out.

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006 08:19:41 PM »

I've also written the ed. re: contributing and had no reply.. sounds like they have too much going on and aren't keeping up with responsibilities. too bad, b/c I like past editions.

What kind of an agreement do you have? was in in email? If you didn't sign a piece of paper, is an agreement like that even binding? I have no idea but I doubt it. I would look around some legal advice sites and find out if you are really obligated or not.

Email can be a bindind agreement, it's like your virtual signature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
sparkly
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006 10:56:51 AM »

there must be some crafty lawyers reading this website (no, not *that* kind of crafty, though perhaps that could help...)

you have been more than patient in regards to seeing your pattern posted, and receiving your pay, so there must be a way you can get out of the deal, since there ended up not really being a deal. by the way, did you ever think of submitting it to knitty? personally, i've been disappointed by their things the last couple issues (if i see one more sock pattern, i will scream!), and i would love to see styles like your sweater there. plus, they are good about publishing on time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006 08:02:48 AM »

i think you have a way out this agreement. they meant to publish your pattern on summer issue of this year and they fail to do so, you might check the emails you have been writing to the ed and see if there is a date mentioned, if so you might get out of it easily.

but it sucks big time that they dont inform people about whats going on... being a free online magaziene doesnt mean it doesnt owe any explanation and respect!

and yeah sparkly you are right! i too am sick of this sock craze gotten all the knitting pattern world lately.. i assume one thing about why it is so but i do not wish to broke any hearts  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FairyAngel
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006 11:02:42 AM »

It seems that spun mag is not going to have fall issue this month since sept is almost over.... did you find out wht is up with spun mag or the owner of spunmag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calista
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006 01:44:19 PM »

I got an email from the editor about a month ago, and at that time she said she would skip the summer issue, but would publish my pattern on the fall issue and it would come out soon. Exactly it was Aug. 20. She wrote she will send another check, since it seems that the last one got lost in the mail. I waited again, hoping for a new issue and a new check,  but now I had it. I can't trust her anymore! I sent her the pattern more than two month ago, and haven't got paid yet!!! I can't believe how a person can be this irresponsible. I think she's checking her email average once in a month. The email service that I use has this function showing whether a sent email is read or not, and she always reads my email in three to five weeks later.
I spent many days writing and drawing the pattern, but the summer is over and I can't belive my effort resulted in nothing.
I'm going to sent her an email for the last time, saying if she does not pay me by the end of September, I'll publish it by myself.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006 01:46:56 PM by calista » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anky
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006 04:24:02 PM »

You go girl! It is ridiculously unfair and unprofessional of spunmag. If agreement was for the summer issue issue then she has well and truly broken the verbal or written understanding you guys had. I say screw spun mag and put it up for sale on your blog because there are tonnes off people here, myself included, who will buy it. We're all behind you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Paraben
Sexy Vampire Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Bump Your Hair Naturally
CHI Organics Olive Hair Glaze Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...