A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: KAL for knitty's Belle epoque? (winter 04)  (Read 4263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

evelinaberg
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007 11:08:41 AM »

Great!
Do you have any pics on your progress so far? Would be fun to see..
I've ordered my yarn from Denmark, they have a great online store for "luxurios" yarn, and it was 30% off of the kid mohair, so it'll take a week or so for the yarn to arrive. Can't wait to get started!
Since the yarn is so thin I hope it will be a great pullover for the spring, I'm a pro at knitting really thick pullovers..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieJRose
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007 07:57:20 AM »

This is what I have so far. Last night, I finished the front and started the back. The body of mine is a couple inches shorter, it is 19 inches instead of 21.5 (I am making the smallest size). Once you separate the front and back it just breezes by! Although the sleeves are going to get to me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evelinaberg
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007 04:48:58 AM »

Wow, it looks great. Great colour!
The sleeves are always getting to me too, I sometimes start with doing them so I'll have the the fun part left..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss_T_Dane
Floderten

aka Floderten

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007 10:30:59 AM »

I'm thinking of starting this up soon - I will be using Garnstudio's Vivaldi as a sub (58% mohair, 19% wool, 23% polyamid), which has more yardage and (therefore!) is cheaper. Tongue I'll only need 4 skeins. Woo.
My only concern is the bust size.. I'm a 33" bust, approx., and I just don't know if it'll look pretty gathering that much under the bust, when it's 40".. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://flodertenstrik.blogspot.com -- ooh, a Danish blog! How exciting!
svea
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007 12:01:53 PM »

i havent forgotten about this!
but i still havent started. the yarn is there, waiting for me - but i have another cardigan on the needles, and i am no good at working several things at one time. i will have to finish the cardi first and then join you ladies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clicksticks
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007 12:12:27 PM »

I love this sweater but I'm worried it might look like maternity wear on me...anyone who is a bit bigger/curvier than the model made this piece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
evelinaberg
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007 10:36:41 AM »

My yarn arrived last week, but I haven't had any time to knit, so it was just yesterday i cast-on. The first thing I notice is that I don't have any circulars in 4.0mm as I was sure I had. I decided to start with one of the sleeves and knit on straights - I can't stand knitting sleeves on dpns'.
So I'm eager to start knitting and starting with the crocus bud pattern I soon realize that it looks nothing like the original. I start over, and find out that I did a mistake with the YO, but itc still looks nothing like the original.
It slowly dawns upon me that the yarn I've chosen is much, much thinner than that in the pattern. I have this tendency of always wanting to start knitting om new projects as soon as I see them and fall in love with them, and this time I rushed so mutch I didn't even look up what yarn to use closely enough.
Anyway, I decided to keep on knitting in the yarn I'd ordered, and this far I'm really pleased with the result. It's turning out delicate, very soft and almost see-through. I usually don't like when mohair is knitted on big needles (although nr 4 isn't a big needle it still looks... I don't know how to describe it... 'airy'?) but since it won't sit tight I think it can be really beautiful.

I will add pics of my progress when I get my camera back from my brother...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clo137
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007 01:49:49 PM »

wow this piece is so lovely!  i am only a beginner though so don't think i can manage it. can't wait to see all of yours though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brijeebee
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007 05:51:52 AM »

My mom actually called me to tell me to knit this.  I'm thinking about it.  It will take me forever, since I have a hard time finishing adult sized clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evelinaberg
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007 06:40:07 AM »

I finished a while ago, but I still haven't taken any pictures.
I will do it soon, promise.
I love how it turned out, I'm wearing it all the time and feel beautiful in it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Daniela
Meet 2013 Style Council Member Carly
How to Makeover Your Work Wardrobe
Pulling Off a Glamorous Look
Will Katy Perry Be Designing A Clothing Line?
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...