A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: closet monsters, munchkins and teddysaurus'  (Read 6338 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mudthumper
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2006 05:53:19 PM »

hello
like tuna i am also a fan of cottonmonsters....

cottonmonsters also have pockets in the mouth
and are made of recycled fabrics.
it seems pretty obvious to me where your
monster design came from.
check out cottonmonster.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheister
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2006 08:29:15 PM »

whoa! I purchased several COTTONMONSTERS ( http://cottonmonster.com ) over a year ago and they look identical to your "new" closetmonsters.

I am pretty confused....did you try to copy the cottonmonster design or something? Your "closetmonsters" are unmistakenly similar to the COTTONMONSTERS that I own.

See for yourself...

I love my baby cottonmonsters, please stick to something original....for Helena and Quenby's sake!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Selise
Out Of Control ATC'er

So In Love - 1 Year Together 22 Feb

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2006 09:07:27 PM »

wow, I'm not sure which one is my favorite, those are all amazing!  I only just started making bears, and now I  know who's going to be a huge source of inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosie.ok
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006 09:18:36 PM »

yes i did check out the link and yes i can see the similarity of one. but i am honestley saying that i don't remember ever seeing those before.

here's an earlier thread i posted in the business section. not all of them are the same as the one's i posted. here are 2 of the prototypes.
one of the other photos was deleted but it was similar to the original one but was egg shaped with 3 little horns on it's head.

you can see the first one i did in green has different hands and feet to the later design and the teeth and eyes are different.
my newest one is a refinement of these. and if you read it states the idea for the line is that no two monsters will be the same.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107875.0

and the pocket in the mouth came cause i was going to put one in the back  to make a puppet but i'm still working out how to do this. i thought it would be creepy putting you hand in the butt for a pocket so i put it in the mouth which i thought would be cute on a monster.

and if you check this out the whole concept idea is again stated no two of my monsters are going to be the same design. because there is no pattern for them. so i don't know how you can say i'm ripping someone off.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=389&item=290020219684

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006 11:58:55 PM by rosie.ok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sirk
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2006 10:57:25 PM »

absolutely love your bears! will be watching your ebay listings Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006 09:30:39 AM »

no matter what you say i still think it's a copy. i know not all are the same, but the concept for cottonmonster is also that way. i think overall the idea of it and how you construct is a little too coincidental. same eyes....same pocket mouth....same striped body....same horns.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006 09:38:04 AM »

meh, whatever. as a creative fashion designer myself i have to say, everything comes from somewhere else. you have to expect your designs to be copied once you put them out there, that's how it works, whether it's intentional or your idea sticks in someone's mind and morphs into something else or their own version of it.
so what, it's a big enough planet for more than one person to be making similar things. i'm never offended when my designs get copied, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery yadda yadda.

love your creatures, keep spreading the stuffy joy!! i may make one of those pocket monsters for my own little boy, he'd love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
tinafish
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006 02:08:14 PM »

i've been on this site long enough and learned from this site that i don't need to go around starting arguements. i was just stating the facts..that's all. you can see in my history that i'm not here to cause a ruckus. i don't need to prove anything and start other profiles just to state my point.

*edit: "mr. bean" deleted their post
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006 04:58:35 PM by tinafish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosie.ok
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006 05:03:01 PM »

for a start i know you don't go round creating arguements i've seen you name on other boards. i'm sure you wouldn't create other profiles to create trouble no one has said you did -i don't know anyone that would go through the hassle of doing this. that would just be sad and really, really tragic.

no the concept of a cotton monster is not the same.
i looked at the link you all mentioned. this lady has basic lines- the colours may not be repeated (although two photos posted by two different people are exactly the same) but that is not the same as making one-of-a-kind, individual monsters that i am making not just changing the colours of .

you can say what you like i know i didn't copy anyone else and like i said i was designing each one to be different not just different colours. the other ones i made are they the same too??? i don't think so, that's the point.

you don't think i could come up with the idea of making a square pillow adding arms, legs and horns and calling it a monster on my own???and i really don't think she was the first person to come up with the idea of adding a pocket and teeth to a mouth and calling it a monster.

i'm sure there are tonnes of people out there that work in all sorts of media that have similar stuff. did they all copy her too??? i think i can safely say they didn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006 05:15:13 PM »

for a start i know you don't go round creating arguements i've seen you name on other boards. i'm sure you wouldn't create other profiles to create trouble no one has said you did -i don't know anyone that would go through the hassle of doing this. that would just be sad and really, really tragic.

no the concept of a cotton monster is not the same.
i looked at the link you all mentioned. this lady has basic lines- the colours may not be repeated (although two photos posted by two different people are exactly the same) but that is not the same as making one-of-a-kind, individual monsters that i am making not just changing the colours of .

you can say what you like i know i didn't copy anyone else and like i said i was designing each one to be different not just different colours. the other ones i made are they the same too??? i don't think so, that's the point.

you don't think i could come up with the idea of making a square pillow adding arms, legs and horns and calling it a monster on my own???and i really don't think she was the first person to come up with the idea of adding a pocket and teeth to a mouth and calling it a monster.

i'm sure there are tonnes of people out there that work in all sorts of media that have similar stuff. did they all copy her too??? i think i can safely say they didn't.

i appreciate your response. i think you are a talented person, but i was just stating what i saw. i won't take this any further as to start anything else. i want my experience along with yours and others visiting this site to be a pleasant one so i will end here. thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Curved Edge Quilts with Bias Binding
Quilt Top Design Advice
How to Build Your Own Bean Bag Toss Game
DIY Colorful Leather-Wrapped Keychains
DIY Craft Trays for Cars
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...