A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 311,445
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tween Fashion Room  (Read 802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChiOrchid
« on: August 25, 2006 03:17:40 PM »

Well I am redoing my room. I want a fashion theme. I am really into fashion, I design,I sew purses and clothes. ( some clothes) Anyways, my room is 10 by 11, I have a twin bed, I have enough room for all my junk and a lot of space in the middle. I also have a ceiling fan. I need a way to incoporate everything and I want to seperate my room a little, cause I want a small crafts corner or something like that, that would hold my sewing stuff fabrics crafting stuff. So any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Websites under construction
Ayn
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006 11:18:30 AM »

[1] Since you say there's a lot of space in the middle, you might consider creating a 'zone' or two by repositioning a few pieces of furniture so that not all of it is lined up flat against a wall?

[2] Perhaps consider making one or two hinged, standing screens to visually section-off a zone or two?

Just about anything flat & reasonably sturdy, whether old or new, could be made into a screen by hinging the widths together :
window shutters, doors, plastic or wood lattice, etc etc.
Besides decorating a screen any way you like, it can be useful too, if you want or need them to be (e.g., hang or pin or tack things on it).

Depending on how high the ceiling is, though... in an 11x12 room -- if that's in feet..? -- you might not want completely-solid screens, &/or you might want them around 'see-over' height, not much higher than that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006 10:02:51 AM »

Maybe something like butterick 4677, a storage ottoman, would be a good option?  You could put a decent amount of crafting stuff in it, and it would work as a place to sit while you craft.

The thought that I had when I first started reading was that it would be really cool to do something like paper dolls either on the walls or on a dividing screen. When I say paper dolls, I actually mean like a fashion croquois (model) where you could try your design ideas by making smaller versions and "try them on"  the models on your walls.

Wow, that was a really horrible explanation.  The original idea came from two books that I've been considering buying for my 12 year old daughter:  Paper Fashions (by Klutz), and Casual Chic by Jayne Miller.  They both come with stencils for making clothing designs without drafting skill, and I thought it'd be a fun idea to do something similar to the stencils on your walls, but ideally it would be better if they were bigger than the ones in either book.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006 10:40:39 PM »

Flip a bookcase sideways, add wheels and a lid (with wood) and youve got a nice tabe with storage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Transforming Gradients
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adjusting Cap, Join and Other Stroke Properties
Macromedia Flash 8 - Applying and Stylizing Strokes
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using the Color Swatches Palette
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Transparency and Sampling Colors
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...