A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love your imagination, Delia's ripoff, LOC, Choking Victim,and more! [IMG HVY]  (Read 10742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

life_of_infamy56
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2006 03:28:46 PM »

Just posting a few of my stencil creations, new and old, that haven't gone up on craftster yet.

this was a $5 looong tshirt from Urban Planet, I stencilled a pic that I made from a photo of graffiti onto it, and hand sewed a ruffle of light purple tulle to the bottom. you can't tell from the pics, but Mary, Alice and the rabbit are actually dark purple, I made the paint color myself from 2 different purple fabric paints. I love it, it makes me feel pretty ^.^

the image isn't actually crooked, the stripes just curve more near the neckline so it looks that way.

Alice chasing the rabbit on the back.

this picture was taken pre-tulle, I was just so proud that I couldn't wait.

this shirt was ripped off from delia's, I messed around with the image until it lined up properly in PSP, and cut out every single heart. I think it was worth it. here's the original : http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=463&itemID=45689&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=
I also mixed up glitter + normal fabric paint in red, black, green, really light gray, and light blue, for the cloud, rain, flower, skull and lightning, so they're all glittery and fabulous. the hearts are just plain red. oh yeah, and I sewed the lace into the neckline.

and then I added 2 hearts on the back.

this was a gorgeous black blazer-style fitted sweatshirt-fabric jacket that I loved the fit of but it said 'vintage' in bronze studs on the back.. ick. so I made 2 Leftover Crack patches; I hand sewed the front one down on only 3 sides so it would be a pocket, and the top is held on by a safety pin. it's my CRACK SMUGGLING POCKET! woot.

the back patch covers up the ugly huge old logo thing. it's just held on by studs and safety pins. it's messy around the edges on purpose.

on me.

Choking Victim hoody. nothing much to explain. this is old, so it's not as great quality as the rest, but come on. it's CV! who doesn't love them?

lamp post on an ugly old walmart girl's shirt that I found in my basement. I'm not too happy with this, I think I want to embroider around the lamp post in darker blue thread and then recon the shirt into something else. I dunno.

also this is a Virus patch that I stencilled a while ago and put on a minisweater that I made. posted here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116425.0

comments, criticisms, whatever, welcome.

xoxo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006 03:44:47 PM by life_of_infamy56 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
mento_bug
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006 03:38:38 PM »

all of them are awesome and very wearable (as in some stuff i make/stencil i never wear) but anyway i love the love your imagination shirt very cute and the Delia's shirt, their tees are always so expensive and not that great of fit/quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006 03:42:02 PM »

Great! The lamppost is actually my favorite
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
life_of_infamy56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006 03:42:43 PM »

thanks!
mento_bug, I live in Canada, so the only way for me to get Delia's shirts is to order them over the internet and with s&h + currency differences, that's like $40 for a tee shirt! and that's when the crafty urges kick in.. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor
theterkii
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006 05:26:17 PM »

those are all great.

The delia's ripoff looks better than the original
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brenna
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006 07:48:57 PM »

I LOVE your imagination shirt. (Get it? Cuz, like... those were the words that you stenciled on it... and... I'm tired. And not funny.) IT's really cute, I used that Alice stencil on a shirt of mine Smiley The Delia's shirt is so cute, better than the original, I love the lace and the hearts on the back. I actually really like the lamp one, but thats just me Smiley Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live on purpose.
Buns
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006 08:19:40 PM »

Nice work!  I've never heard of Choking Victim, but I would enjoy having that gentleman on some of my clothes - hehehehe

I'm making a present and I've been thinking of combining glitter and normal fabric paint.  I was going to paint the normal layer first and then lightly dab on some glitteries when dry.  Do you think mixing the whole batch up prior to starting would work out better?  Just wondering because I really like the Delia's one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeaky_kleen
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006 03:25:28 AM »

I LOVE them all! Especially the Delia's ripoff and the lampshade one. They're so kewl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my knitting blog: http://clairemitchell.wordpress.com/
life_of_infamy56

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006 08:46:23 AM »

thaks everyone! =]

Buns (haha... buns), it doesn't matter, really, the glitter paint looks the same. I mixed the colored paint and the glitter paint beforehand, but yesterday I made a Hole shirt and for part fo it I stencilled first in black and then brushed on glitter paint and it came out great.

seriously, everyone,I highly recommend going out and buying some glitter fabric paint. I used tulip silver glitter and all my stencils are starting to be glittery.. lol. it's addictive. mmm.. shiny things.  Wink
haha glitter is a funny word when you say it in your head while typing over and over again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buns
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006 10:51:39 AM »

Oh, thank you so much for the input!  I'm excited about my project now. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DMQT #7 - Final Cut Pro - Button Bars
DMQT #12 - FInal Cut Pro - Version 6.0.2 ...
DMQT #13 - Final Cut Pro - Version 6.0.2 ...
DMQT #14 - Mac OS X Leopard - Dock Tricks
DMQT #16 - Mac OS X Leopard - Quicklook
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...