A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Simply Spray XTC t-shirt  (Read 1674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeyspoon
« on: July 21, 2007 11:50:01 PM »

This was my first attempt using simply spray... it bled a little and was sort of hard to work with because I used cardstock and it curled up. I know now that spray adhesive or freezer paper would have worked better. If anyone has pointers on how to work with this stuff I'd love to hear it. It was fun but I'm not totally happy with the results. Does anyone know if this brand has opaque colors that you can use on a dark shirt?
ORIGINAL IMAGE

MY CREATION

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rajincajunfire
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007 08:45:20 AM »

Sorry I can't answer your question, but the shirt looks absolutely amazing in my opinion. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeyspoon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007 10:08:34 AM »

well thanks! my boyfriend makes it look really good. he's one of THOSE types of people. everything looks great on him. but i'll take some of the credit this time i suppose Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplyspray
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007 07:25:21 AM »

Hi,
I have some tips on how to use Simply Spray and Simply Spray stencil paint which is thicker and better for stenciling. I think the shirt looks great! it is ok to use card stock but be sure to use spray glue then put the stencil down on the shirt. also when stenciling with simply spray the best thing to do is spray quickly and lightly do not soak the shirt. do not remove the stencil.  hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or so but dont burn the shirt. then spray lightly again. the paint will adhere to the paint you already put down. also if you have some puddling on the stencil just lightly tamp it with a paper towel.

There is also simply spray stencil paint which is thicker and feels more like silk screen when dry. you can use the stencil paint on any dark fabric such as denim, black t-shirts even leather. this comes out of the can quick so use a sweeping motion. this paint is not watery and will give you nice clean lines. use the same technique as above and always use spray glue on your stencil and mask off any areas you do not want to paint. I really hope this helps
thank you
David
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeyspoon
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007 09:23:09 AM »

wow thanks! a response from simply spray himself! you should get a job in my electric company's customer service department. it would be nice if all companies cared so much. that helps so much! it actually answers all of my questions about simply spray and then some. i didn't want to give up on it yet becuase i plan on making TONS more shirts for my kids and other things that require bulk amounts. i wanted to stick with simply spray because it's non-toxic. spray paint is easy to work with but is hard and rough to the touch and i always feel guilty using it with all of the harmful fumes and chemicals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshine11112
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007 02:10:44 PM »

Hey, i think your shirt looks good.  Its better then my simply spray shirt, it faded horribly, and i even washed the shirt before hand like the directions said.  I was wondering if yours faded at all after washing.  Also, freezer paper didnt work very well when i tried it with a stencil because it bled under the paper since its so watery, so getting the thicker version might be the best bet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeyspoon
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007 02:31:12 PM »

yeah, it did seem to fade a little bit. i know what you mean abouut it being watery... i think this kind is better used for the tie-dye effect, and other free-hand stuff they show on  their web site. haven't tried the stencil spray yet but i intend to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplyspray
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008 07:47:49 PM »

Hi All-
Just a tip to pass on if you noticed the paint faded...
Wash inside out and DO NOT use any sort of fabric softener whatsoever!  Liquid or Fabric Sheets....these break down the pigments in the paint.
So, yes, after the first wash you will notice a slight change in color because any excess paint that is on top of the fabric will wash out.  After the initial wash- your shirt should be fine. 
I have shirts from tradeshows we did years back that have been washed so many times that the actual shirt is wearing out and the color is just about the same as it was after the first wash.  I had so many "tie dye" shirts that I would use them to sleep in...or hang around the house in....so I've probably washed them easily over 100 times. I'm going to try and get some pics up on our website of one of the shirts. 
I haven't mastered the the "photo" uploading thing yet! LOL
Anyway, we're glad you like the product!
C. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkkfrost
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008 09:59:21 PM »

i have heard only bad things about fabric sprays
like they bleed a lot
g'luck to you tho, yours looks the best of any i've seen that've been done w/ spray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008 06:08:39 AM »

Since David from Simply Spray is reading this post, I wanted to put a little wishlist from someone who stencils a LOT...it would be dreamy if you guys could put out a basic color set for those of us that will use those colors on a regular basis.  I'm heading to my local Hobby Lobby & Michael's this weekend to purchase my first Simply Sprays for my stenciled shirts to sell on Etsy and it would be nice not to have to buy the individual cans but hey, a girl can't be too picky.  LOL

Sounds like a great product and I can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for a cool product.

**EDIT**  Seems I spoke too soon.  I was looking at the Hobby Lobby and Michael's websites which didn't show the combo packs but then I looked at the Simply Spray website and found exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!  Off to order now....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008 06:30:11 AM by SteeelMagnolia - Reason: new info » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Davy Rothbart Reveals His Best Quality
Meet Author Ted Bell
Kristin Kimball Talks About The Dirty Life
Amy Sohn Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Meet Author Martin Cruz Smith
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...