A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Gallery!  (Read 29283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2006 06:23:01 PM »

I received from BlondieKate! It is this amazing hand-dyed (by BlondieKate!) purpley-bluey dk weight yarny wonderfulness so I can make a dayflower scarf! I love it! It smells amazing! I haven't even unwrapped it yet! I am sitting here cuddling it in my lap like a stuffed animal!  Cheesy I just love the colours, they couldn't be more perfect.

Thank you so much BlondieKate! I'm going to see if I can hold off unwrapping it right away so I can knit from it... but I'm not sure if I can wait!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2006 09:26:09 PM »

they indeed were at target a little while back! 

thanks for posting pics call_me_bambi! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2006 09:44:56 PM »

finally got some decent pictures of the stitch markers and jewelry!! plus my favorite pictures of the home made stickers!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2006 07:49:53 AM »

Thank you so much BlondieKate! I'm going to see if I can hold off unwrapping it right away so I can knit from it... but I'm not sure if I can wait!  Kiss

Well, I caved (gee, that didn't take long!). This morning I unwrapped my lovely yarn ball and was just overwhelmed with all the lovely, lovely things inside! Thank you so much, Blondiekate! I am just so overwhelmed - you completely spoiled me!  Kiss

Nestled in the yarn ball were:
- two fat quarters in fun, cheery colours
- tons of sewing machine bobbins which is just amazing since I didn't have enough (and they are all filled with different threads! that match the fat quarters!)
- dark chocolate sticks, some of which were eaten as part of my weekend breakfast of champions
- two pairs of cute dangly earrings
-the greatest set of stitch markers, some have knitting charms on them!
-a teeny box of mints with a quilting lady on the top
-a sweet little emergency sewing kit made by BlondieKate
-a really great pin with a gorgeous glass pendant on it
-felt soap that has scented my whole place so nicely
-a pincushion I can wear on my wrist! yay!
- some celtic-y silvery buttons that I love
-some more yarn in the middle!
-and a 2.5" quilter's ruler that I will definitley use a lot!

And I'm just going to say again that BlondieKate does a wonderful job of yarn dying... the yarn is so beautiful, I love the soft purple and blue shades. My scarf will be so pretty!

Thank you so much again, BlondieKate! I am chewing my nails now hoping that you like what I sent you, since you REALLY spoiled me! You are a fabulous partner.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2006 08:07:52 AM »

Well, I caved (gee, that didn't take long!). This morning I unwrapped my lovely yarn ball and was just overwhelmed with all the lovely, lovely things inside! Thank you so much, Blondiekate! I am just so overwhelmed - you completely spoiled me!  Kiss

Nestled in the yarn ball were:
- two fat quarters in fun, cheery colours
- tons of sewing machine bobbins which is just amazing since I didn't have enough (and they are all filled with different threads! that match the fat quarters!)
- dark chocolate sticks, some of which were eaten as part of my weekend breakfast of champions
- two pairs of cute dangly earrings
-the greatest set of stitch markers, some have knitting charms on them!
-a teeny box of mints with a quilting lady on the top
-a sweet little emergency sewing kit made by BlondieKate
-a really great pin with a gorgeous glass pendant on it
-felt soap that has scented my whole place so nicely
-a pincushion I can wear on my wrist! yay!
- some celtic-y silvery buttons that I love
-some more yarn in the middle!
-and a 2.5" quilter's ruler that I will definitley use a lot!

And I'm just going to say again that BlondieKate does a wonderful job of yarn dying... the yarn is so beautiful, I love the soft purple and blue shades. My scarf will be so pretty!

Thank you so much again, BlondieKate! I am chewing my nails now hoping that you like what I sent you, since you REALLY spoiled me! You are a fabulous partner.  Kiss
Yay!!  I was a beast, so I don't blame you for unwrapping!

Because my camera doesn't seem to do purples well, this may come out a little more blue than what the yarn really does look like:

And unwrapped:

A few notes:
The dark chocolate sticks looked to my other half like knitting needles.  Too cute to pass up!
If you decide that the pendant on the pin would be better on a necklace, the pin unscrews.
The felted soap was my first attempt.  Be gentle!
The "blank" yarn is Lionbrand Fisherman's wool, which is what I often use to dye with.  Included about 75 yards so you could try dying yourself!
And the quilter's ruler is easy to add to a carabeaner (sp?) for use as a keychain.  Both the other half and my mother do that.  Good to have a little ruler with you at all times!

I had fun with this!  Thanks so much, Bloo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2006 08:25:01 AM »

Oooh, thanks for the tip about unscrewing the pin, I wear pendants ALL the time!  Smiley And thank you for posting pics!  Smiley

Dang, I sure am glad I organized this swap! hee!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2006 11:02:19 AM »

hgflower, I was afraid that I might've gone on sticker overload when I made them. lol  Grin

BlondieKate, that yarn is gorgeous!  I just started kool-aid dying this week, and I think dying yarn may be my new craft fascination.  What kind of dye do you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2006 11:28:49 AM »

hgflower, I was afraid that I might've gone on sticker overload when I made them. lol  Grin

are you kidding?? these stickers are great!! i wish i had a sticker machine now! and that i took great scenic pictures like you do  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
KnitChick1979
Antauri Fangirl

Going ghost!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2006 09:08:00 PM »

are you kidding?? these stickers are great!! i wish i had a sticker machine now! and that i took great scenic pictures like you do  Tongue

Xyron machine, a crafter's best friend!  I got the 510, 500, and the 150 as gifts from my ex-boyfriend's parents and I use them all the time!  Cheesy

I just wish the magnet cartridge weren't so expensive ($35 for 7 feet), I'd make TONS.  Wait...maybe it's a good thing.....   Grin

Mary Jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind over matter is nothing compared to hands-free refreshment!" ~Antauri

Help in the race to beat Alzheimer's!

Information for swap partners
nikkisixx666
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2006 12:13:53 PM »

My apologies to everyone but especially to miolulu for not being able to post the pictures of the incredible yarn ball she put together.  Pictures of the ball intact are still on my roommate's camera Angry I just picked up my camera from the repair shop this morning so here are pictures of all the goodies.

Here's everything together.  I'm not sure what kind of yarn it is but it's soft and fluffy and perfect for the cool beret I'm planning to knit with it.

Included in the ball was a gorgeous felted knitting needle holder!  I've been wanting one fo these for ages! a felted needle cover; felted soap!; beads, some amazing buttons that have been in moilulu's family for some time which I love; mints, a necklace with an impossibly small hand-knit i-cord, some beads, a gorgeous green lace wrist cuff which is not in the picture because it's on my wrist, let's see what else, oh! some fantastic reese flavoured lip gloss, ribbons!, a tiny knit stocking and star which I will use as christmas tree ornaments, and a felted heart-shaped box.  There are also two great vintage pattern books that are full of awesome patterns.  One is doll patterns for my Blythes and the other of accessory patterns.  I've saved the best for last.  At the very centre of the yarn ball was a skein of handspun alpaca.  It's gorgeous.  I think I'm going to make a small simple lace scarf out of it. 

I'll post some close ups below so you can see everything in better detail.

Thanks again moilulu, I love everything, especially all the little handwritten notes.  I promise I'll post pictures of the yarn ball as it looked before I unravelled it as soon as I get them from my roommate's camera.

Erin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Gillespie Talks About Money for Nothing
Mark Oppenheimer Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Jessica Bendinger Talks About The Seven Rays
Tracy Trivas Talks About The Wish Stealers
Lynne Griffin Talks About Sea Escape
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...