A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Gallery!  (Read 29875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2006 03:09:39 PM »

Knitpick1979 and I both received on the same day and I told her I'd post pics. There are a load of images, so beware!
First, all that she sent:
I got a bonus bit of yarn wrapped around my pattern yarn, this is the outer wrap with red heart grande, which is surprisingly soft. There was quite a bit of it! I'll probably make a hat for my son with it.

Here is the actual pattern yarn after I unwound the red heart, which is Crystal Palace Merino stripes.
Here's the pattern, which I forgot to put in any of the photos:
http://straw.com/cpy/patterns/merino-stripes-RibbonTam.html

A group shot of all the goodies that were in the ball. Mary Jo did a way better job of wrapping the yarn than I did.

There were lots of goodies, loads of cute stitch markers, marble magnets with the Weasley boys, little wooden ornaments to paint, pencil sharpeners, a cute sushi pin cushion, and more.

Close up of the stitch markers:

OK, and here is what I sent:
A laughable yarn ball. It made me laugh. Wrapping that thing was hard. The yarn was elann's alpaca, of which I also bought myself a ball since I wanted to try it for future reference.

Close up of the deery lou, which took me a very long time. More than three hours of hand stitching! Because I stink at sewing? Yes. It turned out pretty cute, though!

The lot. I think it's all self explanatory. I want to get myself a pom pom maker thing. I usually just cut out a circle from a poptarts box. How ghetto. Oh, some things that weren't in the pic were Gryffindor colors of #5 thread for a bookscarf and some silly little fruit beads that I stuffed in the coin pouch.

Close up of the sterling stitch markers:

Thanks for being a great partner, Mary Jo! I loved this swap.

Oh! Just in case you were wondering what that sharp little bamboo thing was doing in there, that's my awesome handmade cable needle! I like them better than those curvy metal things from the store. I was hoping it wouldn't stab you while you were unwrapping.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006 03:14:19 PM by aliciasjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashenteardrop
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2006 05:42:37 PM »

Close up of the deery lou, which took me a very long time. More than three hours of hand stitching! Because I stink at sewing? Yes. It turned out pretty cute, though!

This is adorable, where did you get the pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no happiness like that of being loved by our fellow-creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.     Jane Eyre
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2006 06:04:55 PM »

This is adorable, where did you get the pattern?
Also wondering.  I'd love to make one of those.

These are all looking so awesome, everyone! Each ball is full of such great treats and amazing crafts!  The yarn-wrapped penquin makes me giggle. Is that knitty's "pasha"? I made one for ooak_diva in a swap and they are sooo cute!
Yep, it's a Pasha with close-set eyes and i-cord legs so he looks more like Feathers McGraw.  Grin  I am very pleased with how he turned out, considering that he's my first knit animal...though I think I may have messed up a bit on the short-row thing.  After I wrapped him up, I took a good look and burst out laughing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2006 06:14:13 PM »

he turned out so great for being your first knitted animal!! haha, i love his arms the most. i keep flapping them to make him try to fly, like poor opus
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2006 08:51:23 PM »

Oh man, this is just amazing.  I have been stalking craftster for quite a while and I just stumbled upon these swaps.  I would so love to do a round 2 of this swap.  Too bad I have absolutely no money to do something so fun  Cry

I actually want to substitute teach now so I can have some money to do something so wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paramedic: Only one person can ride.
Dean: I'm the father...
Patrick: I'm the boyfriend...
Mitch: [points to Dean] I'm HIS boyfriend.

hehe....i knit in class
KnitChick1979
Antauri Fangirl

Going ghost!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2006 09:52:00 PM »

Thanks for posting pics Alicia!

The roll of film with the ball I sent you is still in the camera but I was anxious to see if my racing pics came out so I finished off that roll of film and got it developed today Smiley

Since you posted way better pics I'll just show my two overview pics:

My bear anticipating what's going to come out of the wonderful ball!

And enjoying the bounty that came out of it!

Since the yarn is going to become a sweater for my bear, I figured I'd get him in the picture Smiley

Oh! Just in case you were wondering what that sharp little bamboo thing was doing in there, that's my awesome handmade cable needle! I like them better than those curvy metal things from the store. I was hoping it wouldn't stab you while you were unwrapping.

Nope, I got everything unwound without injury!  Smiley  I'll have to try that, I usually just use metal cable needles but maybe that'll help with some of the trickier cables in this one project....if I can remember where I put the project...  Grin

And I *love* the little deery lou!  Too cute!!

This was a really awesome swap!  I enjoyed it a ton!

Mary Jo

PS the bracelet has glow-in-the-dark string in it, I think I forgot to put that in my note Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind over matter is nothing compared to hands-free refreshment!" ~Antauri

Help in the race to beat Alzheimer's!

Information for swap partners
mllejessy
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2006 10:25:13 AM »

Cute stuff!  I heart that little deer.

shylittlegoddess, I had to reroute the package (stupid ups wants a signature and to actually put the package in a human's hand.  And I can't train the cats to forge my autograph).  It's due to arrive tomorrow at work, now.  I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2006 12:46:44 PM »

Everyone's stuff is so great!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2006 01:11:34 PM »

Cute stuff!  I heart that little deer.

shylittlegoddess, I had to reroute the package (stupid ups wants a signature and to actually put the package in a human's hand.  And I can't train the cats to forge my autograph).  It's due to arrive tomorrow at work, now.  I can't wait!

cat's thoughts: "IF only we had opposable thumbs we'd rule the world!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikkisixx666
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2006 10:33:01 PM »

I've started unravelling the wonderful yarnball from moilulu.  My camera's broken so pics are on my roommates camera so I'm at her mercy.  I'll be posting pictures on Friday at the absolute latest.  I've only unravelled one thing so far but it's brilliant, a hand-made felted needle holder.  I'm thrilled since I've always wanted one.  Anyway, I'll post pictures very soon and you can see how brilliant it is yourselves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jane Costello Talks About My Single Friend
Manny Howard Talks About My Empire of Dirt
Jimmy Gownley Draws Superhero Amelia
The 90-Second Fitness Solution Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...