A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old shirts?  (Read 1018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wannalearn
« on: August 20, 2004 07:26:14 AM »

I have alot (about 7) of old white tshirts. They are a little small and they all have pit stains. I want to use them as something. But I dont know what. The only thing Ive come up with is a quilt, and ive just made one. So Thanks in advance for your ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChloeR
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004 01:54:30 PM »

maybe something like this would help... you will need more shirts however.. maybe something to get you started anyway...http://members.cox.net/dtabor1/White%20Prodded%20Rug.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lulu101
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004 04:15:51 PM »

Hey! I want to know - do the shirts still fit? If they do, grab some fabric paint, hide the stains, fray some edges, cut a V-Neck, and...VOILA! A beautiful new shirt - which looks cool!. Or you could cut them and make them into rags. Lotsof things to do with old shirts!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.
lutheranchick
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004 08:37:04 AM »

There are instructions on craftster for making a jersey (t-shirt material) rug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
HelloKitty
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004 05:43:18 PM »

maybe something like this would help... you will need more shirts however.. maybe something to get you started anyway...http://members.cox.net/dtabor1/White%20Prodded%20Rug.htm

I was going to suggest something like this, too.  You can also try making a braided rug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004 08:13:10 PM »

One thing you might try is stacking 3 or 4 on top of one another, making (sewing)grids on the fabric through all layers, maybe 3x3 size and cutting the top layers to make patterns. You could do an X cut on one box, a L or backward L on another, a + on another a / or\ on others. Since they are  Tshirts, you shouldn't get fraying, but it should make for interesting texture.

This idea works best with different color layers, but white on white would be neat, too. I would cut the sleeves off below the armhole stains and make it a vest(pullover, depending on the neck) or a cardigan. If you wanted, you could add colored sheer sleeves or if it is a cardigan, add the sleeves and also a colored binding up the two halves of the middle. Also, you could use matching contrasting stitching for the grids.

Be sure to cut through all layers except the bottom layer(next to your skin) to get the layers to pop out best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Coping Buttons
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Massing Objects
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Sloped Flat Floor and Roof
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Using Sketchup Skippy Files
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Dependant Views in Plan
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...