A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bramaggeddon (aka Building a better bra)  (Read 64052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_hunny_
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2007 11:27:38 AM »

Bravissimo is fantastic! Those are the ones im doing as a place for my textiles *which isnt reali coming along very well :p*  I also recomend getting measured there ..... :O:O turns out im a 28FF jeeeez!!!!
and to keep on thread : what would you use for straps? or can you buy them? thanks x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ All of us girls are stars, and deserve the right to twinkle ~ Marilyn Monroe
diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2007 11:36:18 AM »

You can buy them. Cheesy sewsassy.com has them. For a cheaper alternative I was at walmart last night (dreaded evil empire) and saw some stretch elastic on clearance. 20 cents a yard. It would be perfect for bras! Cheesy You can also just use more of the fabric since it is a custom bra you wont need it to be adjustable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
rainbowsmurfet
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2007 07:41:18 AM »

Well, I read about halfway through all these posts, but since my glasses are broken, and I have only one contact, reading all this is making my eyes and brain hurt...

I was measured as a 52 I...  finding this size is IMPOSSIBLE.  I can find one or two bras in certain places, but I never get to see if "one kind or size fits better" 'cause they don't have other kinds or sizes to try (close to my size).  I get a choice of take it or leave it.  And I have to take it 'cause if I don't, then no bra... period.

I am a very beginning sewer and making bras scare the nipple off me.  Hehe.  So I'm really scared.  To top it off, no money.  All my bras gave up on me about 4 to 6 months ago, still wearing them if nothing else to keep the nipple from killing someone.  But I'm really at a loss as to what I can do...  no money, no talent, no resources.  *sigh*  Thanks for having all these threads for plus sizes.  I know I appreciate the thoughts and help.  I love my boobies, but get really tired of trying to keep them happy.  Thought of advertising in a personals site for a "boob holder".  I figure I would have many applicants for this position *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2007 02:54:33 PM »

Hehe, rainbow.... Seriously, though, is there a local forum for bartering services and goods in your area? You could offer to swap something you can do well for, say, 'advanced sewing and fitting skills for a fairly small project'. Just a thought. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsmurfet
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2007 09:52:01 AM »

You know, I haven't looked for something like that...  I make chainmaille jewelry, so that always seems to trade well at shows and festies 'n' stuff...  It's such a small secluded area, that I really don't think we'll have such a creature.  And living here my entire life, I know nearly everyone in town.  BUT maybe I'll get something started.  I know I have local sewing persons at the farmer's market I sell jewelry at...  they might be willing to help me out.  Thanks for the idea.  I appreciate the thought!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msvivid
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2007 09:58:49 AM »

i didnt read the whole post so im not sure if anyone said this but freyalingerie.com has pretty bras up to a size j only thing is they are expensive, i got lucky and found one at tj maxx for 10 bucks:-X
anyway finding bras is he worst and they are they shaped so funny:-X im round and i can never find anything round or my size so its always extra at the top on the side and at the bottom it sucks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msvivid
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2007 10:27:55 AM »

okay im on page 10 and i have another question
what about seperation?
i put powder inbetween to stop from having like a rash
and for some reason its like
rubbing my skin off  Undecided so i have to use diaper rash cream how sad is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Soth
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2007 10:22:20 AM »

Hi msvivid,

you mean the separation between your two girls? A bra that does't separates your boobs properly, is definately too small. If you have the right size, the piece that separates them should lie flat on your breastbone (or nearly flat). If not, try a cup size bigger, or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For pictures of the "TOUR DE FLEECE 2007" visit my blog: medieval maiden http://sothlegar.blogspot.com/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein
saragold
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2007 10:18:05 AM »

Wow, what a great thread. Recently I tried to make an overbust corset from an underbust pattern. NIGHTMARE. I could just not get it right. Thank you so much to those of you who posted pictures, very encouraging. I can't wait to get the bra making ktis I ordered after reading this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Soth
« Reply #239 on: March 07, 2007 07:35:42 AM »

Hi Saragold,

if you want to make an overbust corset, try the laughing moon dore or silverado pattern. It's really good for curvier gals like us  Wink

What pattern are you going to use for your bra kit? It's really not that complicatet to sew your own bra, if you work acurately. If you have problems or questions in the prozess, just ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For pictures of the "TOUR DE FLEECE 2007" visit my blog: medieval maiden http://sothlegar.blogspot.com/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to delete Pictures Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Auto Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Aperture Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sunset Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Sports Pictures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...