A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 306,419
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bramaggeddon (aka Building a better bra)  (Read 76611 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006 11:14:37 AM »

Mieka,
do they go around the states? Do they ever come to Georgia??? That is a darn good deal!!!!

I really don't know.  I know that when I was part of the Corpus Christi ASG Chapter she had enough demand to come teach and then again when I was just moved to the Austin Chapter.

I think Georgia has a chapter of ASG (you can check and see if there is one close to you through their website http://www.asg.org/) and you could ask there.

I'll ask if there is any info over the Austin asg list but there may not be any word for a while.

Edited to add:
Apparently you can call and ask where she's teaching next,

Needle Nook Fabrics
2714 Boulevard Plz
Wichita, KS 67211

(316) 684-5989

and apparently she'll be teaching in my area (austinTX) in spring if enough ASG folks sign up. (starts stashing pennies)

Mieka
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006 12:16:04 PM by Mikaiyawa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006 01:51:28 PM »

Thanks Mikaiyawa ! I called and left her a message!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006 03:24:47 PM »

Supporting a small business-person. and if she gets enough interest maybe she'll put her bra kits in an on line store.

you are very welcome.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Tinglefling

Well behaved women rarely make history

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006 06:58:23 PM »

I'm also glad to see this thread. 

Another issue for me is that not only am I large and low  Wink but, since I've passed 30 awhile back, I'm no longer all that firm.  I'm actually pretty squishy  Grin.

According to the "rules" I should be wearing a DDD (E, whatever) cup with a very large band number.  But when I try these on I just sort of float in the cups.

Do you think it's better to go to a smaller band size and keep the DDD (which is smaller in the smaller band) or stay with the recommended band size and come down in the cup?

BTW, I have trying on different sizes when I can find them but, due to the large numbers, they're hard to find so that route hasn't been very helpful.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006 07:00:29 PM by Tinglefling » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006 07:38:58 PM »

Do you think it's better to go to a smaller band size and keep the DDD (which is smaller in the smaller band) or stay with the recommended band size and come down in the cup?
Hmmm, when you've tried on bras, which one is more comfortable? I think sometimes a smaller cup is better for breasts that aren't that firm, but it depends on how much 'overflow' you get. You don't want the Quadruple Boob Effect! And it also depends on exactly how your body is made and the style of bra. Brafitting is so complicated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
rowdygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006 08:39:59 PM »

Hi! I've been searching for all the bra making threads I can find, as I'm a 34DD and usually I can only find 36DD. When I do find them, they are a gillion dollars and ugly. I found this one, after reading 4 pages of mostly useless, really old threads. It's pretty good, somewhere on page 3 someone mentions a book by LeeAnn Burgess, which seems to be a good investment if someone has enough guts to actually make their own bras.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=13909.0
I think if I muster up the courage to go bra shopping one more time and have the usual results, I will come home and order this book after I eat a quart of ice cream and finish crying.
Here's the link for LeeAnn Burgess's website http://www.beautifulbras.com.au/.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AriadnesThread
Take your life like you would a whore - Pogues

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006 12:56:48 PM »

This book is in Threads magazine this month.  It's not cheap, but might be worth it.

http://www.bramakersmanual.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marysews
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006 09:51:33 PM »

"http://www.andsewitis.net/braclass/class_start.html  Australian, but has good links and written instructions with photos.  Some links are dead :-("

Which links are dead?  I. Must. Fix. Now. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006 10:30:43 PM »

I dont know if its relevant, but these are the big thing in Australia right now:

http://www.fantasylingerie.com.au/sexy-lingerie/adult-lingerie/U-BRA.html?aid=2402&gclid=CJii2o7z9IYCFQ5_UAod-F8YaA

It may not be relevant, but I was just reading about the purpose of bras like that today. They often have interchangable straps and are meant to be worn with plunging necklines. The U-shape apparently works in conjunction with the underwires for shape and support. I've never tried one on, but I am definitely intrigued by them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2006 01:57:28 PM »

It may not be relevant, but I was just reading about the purpose of bras like that today. They often have interchangable straps and are meant to be worn with plunging necklines. The U-shape apparently works in conjunction with the underwires for shape and support. I've never tried one on, but I am definitely intrigued by them.
They are intriguing, but I'll admit, I still don't see how they would work. If you're wearing a super-low neckline though, I guess it's better than nothing! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Pies Baked Into a Cake
Espresso Peanut Butter Brownies - Super Simple Recipe
Sweet Potato Pie - Serve This Southern Staple This Thanksgiving
Muffin Tin Pumpkin Cakes Will Make Your Forget All About Pie
These 5 Ingredient PB&J Cookies Are Also Gluten-Free
Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...