A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: something good with winter tomatos  (Read 462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 17, 2007 09:58:05 PM »

I marinate them.Slice maybe a pound? 2 or 3 regular,4 or 5 plum tomatos.Dressing is 3 tablespoons veg oil-olive or plain,and one tab.vinegar-cider vinegar is good,white will do.One teaspoon dried basil,if you like garlic put in a clove,I use a smigen of garlic in a jar,a lot of dried minced onion-I don't really measure,pepper and salt to taste.You could chop a small onion,or shallot if you like instead.I like onion flavor,but not raw onion myself.Mix it all up and pour over your tomatos.Stirand let sit a little while if you can.Even winter supermarket tomatos are good prepared like this-summer ones will be even better!

Also-a variation on grilled cheese. Slice a tomato,seed it.put tomato and swiss or mozzarella cheese between two slices of bread. Beat an egg with a little milk. Heat a little butter in a skillet-or I've just used a spray like Pam. Briefly dipped the sandwich in the egg,both sides-don't let it soak! Fry it untill it's nice and toasty and the cheese melts. Sometimes they're hard to flip.Depends how full the sandwich is,how much cheese you use,how much egg it's soaked up. Even if it comes out a messy eat with a fork sandwich instead of a pick it up and chomp sandwich,it'll still be delicious.Bonus-it's not being fried in a ton of butter if you have to watch that.And it is delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code CRAFTSTER for 10%
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007 04:53:36 AM »

You could take the tomatoes from paragraph 1 and instead of slicing, but the tomatoes in half and roast them at 375 for a couple hours to get some really good flavor going on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fabric Paint Craft Projects
How to Add Glitter to a Canvas Bag
How to Make a Metallic Chandelier
How to Make a Marbled Vase
How to Create a Rustic Wheat Chandelier
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...