A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New breakfast ideas???  (Read 2070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rochelle_rmgd
« on: August 22, 2006 01:48:51 PM »

Here's something nice to make for a change. You can serve it as brunch.

EGGS ON POTATOES

2 1/2 cups grated raw potato (peeled first and then grated)
salt to taste
1/4 tsp sugar
pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (substitute with caraway seeds)
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves or parsley
pinch of red chilli powder or paprika powder
1 tbsp sour cream
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 tbsp roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped

Heat oil in a shallow pan and add cumin seeds (optional... if u don't have them, just move to the next step) and let them turn a bit brown and then add onion and tomatoes and a pinch of salt and cook till tomatoes are mushy. Add grated potatoes, more salt to taste, sugar, spices, chopped peanuts, 2 tbsp water or a bit more if the mixture is too dry,  and sour cream. Make two wells in the potato mixture with your spatula or spoon and gently break and drop a raw egg into each wel, keeping the egg yolk intact, if possible. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer till done. Sprinkle parsley or coriander leaves on the top and serve immediately. Goes well with toast or naan (flat unleavened form of Indian bread).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tmurray
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006 11:51:42 AM »

I have one...
get out your large muffin tins.. I always stray with some kind of non-stick spray..like muffin cup with large pillsbury crescent roll ( the kind in can) fill each with one beaten egg and your favorite other fillings.. like ham , cheese, mushrooms...you get the idea.. put in the oven at what ever temp the crescent rolls are to be cooked at and when they turn golden brown remove from the oven.. I leave them in the pan for a few.. there you have a on the go breadfast..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006 12:03:53 PM »

Both of those sounds great!!

I like to make corn bread muffins & add chopped dried cranberries & cherries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006 02:07:07 PM »

Sounds good! I don't normally eat a big breakfat so my favorite is a fruit smoothie and honey wheat english muffin. It's tasty, healthy, and holds me over till lunch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chuck_t
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006 05:47:22 PM »

I'm an old-fashioned oatmeal kinda guy.

But wait, this is oatmeal with hazelnuts ("filberts" if you're nasty), dried cranberries, raisins, dried apples, blueberries, cinnamon, cardamom, and a bit of brown sugar.

That keeps me full all morning with all good kindsa calories.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tofuttibreak
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006 11:01:41 PM »

Sounds good! I don't normally eat a big breakfat so my favorite is a fruit smoothie and honey wheat english muffin. It's tasty, healthy, and holds me over till lunch!
i have a smoothie every morning. frozen blueberries, vanilla soymilk, sometimes a frozen banana, sometimes not. it really is the best breakfast i've found. nothing ever sounds appetizing to me in the morning, so i like that i don't actually have to "eat" anything.

I'm an old-fashioned oatmeal kinda guy.

But wait, this is oatmeal with hazelnuts ("filberts" if you're nasty), dried cranberries, raisins, dried apples, blueberries, cinnamon, cardamom, and a bit of brown sugar.
That keeps me full all morning with all good kindsa calories.

we eat oatmeal for dinner pretty often. steel cut or rolled? i love steel cut, but some people hate the texture.
it's so delicious with baked apples, but i've never had it with dried.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chuck_t
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006 11:30:16 PM »

we eat oatmeal for dinner pretty often. steel cut or rolled? i love steel cut, but some people hate the texture.
it's so delicious with baked apples, but i've never had it with dried.
I never thought to have for dinner (unless it's part of an apple crisp.

I can see why they don't like the steel cut. It's a little grainy, but it's still good.

Dried apples are nice because they are quick and keep well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BADWEATHER
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006 11:04:36 AM »

haven't tried this yet but saw a recipe the other day and want to try it this weekend.
Breakfast Nachos. bascially saute onions and peppers, and scramble eggs with them, then top tortilla chips with refried bean, egg mixture, cheese and salsa.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pony apprehension
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006 11:17:39 PM »

for my monday through friday, bring it to work breakfast i usually scoop a bunch of low fat plain yogurt into a bowl and add a little bit of raisins or dried cranberries. the fruit is both good for you and takes a bit of the sour edge off the yogurt. plus, there's quite a bit of protein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
popartlover09
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006 10:44:17 AM »

i hate the majority of regular breakfast foods so the other day instead of regular buttered toast i put some garlic and olive oil along with the butter, made a nice difference, also i put some diced tomatoes with oliveoil and basil and garlic on top of that afore mentioned toast with chedder and parmesian cheese over it and roasted that, was very nice, left a pleasant taste in my mouth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

why yes i do believe i am a craftaholic
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Power Book Trailer
Vincent Flynn Reveals
Thanassis Cambanis Talks About A Privilege to Die
Kyria Abrahams Reveals Her Motto
Kamran Pasha Talks About Mother of the Believers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...