A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Organize it : Bandana-Rama  (Read 2637 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thewalrusisme
« on: December 23, 2003 04:05:17 PM »

not sure if this should go under clothing or not....  but its about organizing clothing...

I admittedly have WAY too many bandanas....  I keep them tied so that they'll be ready to wear... but i need some way of organizing them, in a decorative/creative kinda way that makes them all accessible so i dont neglect some that i can't see..

any ideas ladies?? i'm sure you guys will come thru for me    Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
missy
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003 05:27:14 PM »

i have the answer! Smiley

shower hooks. i have several in my closet (if you don't have the closet space you could use a seperate dowell or towel rack anything you can "hang things")
just snap them around the bar like you would on a shower hook. you can always get classier metal ones too, mine are purely function.

you can usually get 2 or three through there. i am currently using 2 sets of 10 hooks...so i obviously have a lot of scarves! haha.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
missy
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003 05:28:10 PM »

that should read 2 sets of 20. hahaha. and don't make fun of my rabbit ears. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003 05:31:51 PM »

Maybe try those hangers they have for men's ties.  I use a hanger style one for my belts in the closet and a wall mounted type for my necklaces.  It should work for knotted bandanas as well.  A standard peg rack or hook rack might also be good if you don't have the closet space.  You could make an arty type look with several hooks or pegs spaced in a geometry pattern on the wall.  Maybe you could add labels on the wall like they do in art museums.  "Red Bandanas by unknown  c. 1982" I was thinking of doing that with some of my purses.    Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewalrusisme
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003 09:11:07 PM »

NynaeveAS: that is a GREAT idea with labeling the bandanas! unfortunately I don't have the room for that indulgence of space.  you should definitely do it with ur purses tho and let us see the results!

missy: don't worry about the goofed up math.  what else can u expect from a girl that wears Bunny Ears [/b]!   Wink  I'm kidding of course, i have no room to talk as i've spent the past two days sporting reindeer ears overtop a leopard print bandana  Grin  seriously tho... the shower hook idea might work... also more space friendly... im thinking that they could even be decorated/decopauged altho im not sure what sort of glue ud lose.... oh oh oh maybe paint them with nailpolish... sparkly purple nailpolish.  Sorry, i cant believe im getting this excited over shower curtain hooks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning.  My definition ends there.  It doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define." ~ A.Difranco
Debzy

I'm a Scouser!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003 12:13:19 PM »

hehe reminds me of 'planes, trains and automobiles'  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Have Wide Calf Boots for Spring 2014
Get a H&M Wedding Dress for $100
Hot Off the Red Carpet Prom Picks
Lawrence Zarian on Shapewear Dangers
How to Style a Casual School Outfit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...