A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafts for High School Marching Band Fundraiser.  (Read 473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dj_jammer506
x~Gay As A Rainbow is Bright~x

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2006 09:01:57 PM »

Our High School's Marching Band is for lack of a better word... Poor. We're working our way towards getting new band uniforms. Our School is great, it's just that we don't have the funds we'd like. We have support from our school board to have the class, It's just that, like I said, we don't have the best finacial support.

To make a long story short, We need money. At our latest band booster meeting we discussed things to sell at our football games and fundraisers.

We had some ideas, but I said that I'd "put out a bulletin" as I always tell people when I say I'll post on Craftster or any of my other forums.

So, any Ideas are welcome.

Our School Colors are Black and Gold which is commonly portraied with Yellow.

Our Band symbol is http://photos1.blogger.com/img/11/2258/1024/Galewarning.jpg

This is our school's website. http://www.pamlico.k12.nc.us/Schools/PCHS/index.html

Thanks is advance for any help.

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
iampoison
Tutorial Contributor

Just a jersey girl without the acid wash.

"I believe you are in league with the butcher..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006 09:51:00 PM »

Well to start what can you make?
Can you sew? knit? crochet? sculpt?
What supplies do you have?
It has to be things that can easily be reproduced.

I think the items should be music related. (since it is band after all) Maybe simple ipod covers? They are music related and seem quite simple to make a lot of. All you would need would be fabric (or felt) thread, and a closure (like buttons or snaps or velcro). Then you can add decorations to them like iron on a school emblem. (you'd need iron on paper) Or embroider them with the emblem (if you can)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just got flaked on for personal swaps so I am taking a break. ^_^; sorry everyone.
my shop: http://poisonandantidote.etsy.com/
eBay ID: rusty_buttons
My DA: http://chat-noir.deviantart.com/
My LJ: http://apatheticpoison.livejournal.com/
My wists: http://www.wists.com/iampoison
dietcokejunkee
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006 09:56:54 PM »

Our school colors are black and gold and some of the things we sell are fleece hats at football games. It's a triangle-like cone that we tie at the top and fringe. One quick sew up the side and then tie the top with another fleece piece and fringe. Roll up the edge, too. These sell well in lots of colors, cuz some people buy to match coats, etc. Not all are team colors.

Fleece tied blankets, the no-sew kind would sell well if you are in a cold climate. Put one or two layers and cut 4" fringe 1" apart and tie them together so it holds. Sometimes you can get this cheap at WalMart or on clearance at J's or HL. Just a lap warmer size.

Food always sells! Hot chocolate and walking tacos!

Fleece scarves, too! One long piece with fringed ends.

Sorry no cool craft ideas, but I can't think of anything really easy that will sell. You don't want to spend too much time or money.

GOOD LUCK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dj_jammer506
x~Gay As A Rainbow is Bright~x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006 07:11:42 PM »

As for what I can do, I can cross-stitch, craft, sew... a little, and I have people that can knit and crochet that are willing to help around me.

Supplies, we have... stuff, and If we need anything we can just pick it up at Wal-mart or other stores of the such.

It gets cold here in a flash. It doesn't just doesn't get gradually colder... it just gets bad fast. So hats and blankets might not be a bad idea.

We only perform at our Football games, and there's a concession stand always open so that's out.

Thanks for the ideas, and keep 'em coming. I'm gonna have a picture up of our old band uniforms soon.

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
elayinay
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006 07:48:14 PM »

hmm, maybe crochet or sew little footballs? couldn't be too hard, and the parents with younger kids might buy them. and foam fingers are always a big hit! I saw some blank ones at Michael's yesterday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmmbop.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 7/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 4/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 16/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 18/19
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...