A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Need Ideas And Suggestions For A Hollywood Themed Party  (Read 1440 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BrightEyedandCrafty
« on: August 21, 2006 11:24:30 AM »

Hi! For my 13th birthday me and my friends are renting out a small building to have a party. I need ideas. There is a stage which will be occupied partly by a DJ and then there's a dance floor and a refreshment table. I need ideas for decorations and invitations. Any ideas for anything would be helpful. It's going to be 5-7 of us having the party and I was thinking like an invite that looks like a tabloid cover with the headline being something like "Guess Who's Having a Party" with a picture of us and the details.

This is what I need help with:

-Refreshments
-Decorations
-Invitations
-Clothing?
-Favors
-Anything else you have ideas for.

I don't want it to be too expensive because the building costs alot already.

Thanks, Courtney
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006 11:31:11 AM by BrightEyedandCrafty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm the kind of person who laughs at a joke three times.
Once when it's told,
twice when it's explained,
and thirdly, ten minutes later when I get it.
crnaofca
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006 03:28:31 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=46167.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
BrightEyedandCrafty
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006 11:37:38 AM »

I just read that whole post the other day...I still need more ideas. Thanks though!

Courtney
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Once when it's told,
kiwisinger
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006 04:12:59 PM »

You could go to the dollar store and find big, cheap sunglasses and give them out as part of the favor...
Also, lay out a red carpet (or any carpet) for when guests walk in, and then use a camera to give them a "paparazzi" entrance...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the-artful-dodger
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006 11:32:37 PM »

our drama club had a hollywood themed banquet and basically we did everything in red black and white.people had to dress up as some famous movie star, musician or movie character (i was bjork...with the swan) we made all the center pieces to look like movie reels, loud speakers, and clapboards (they're made from cardboard ribbon spools and paint) sorry the picture's crappy but i wasnt aiming for the centerpeice when i took it.
i set up a backdrop so people could take memory pictures.

i believe we had a red carpet at the entrance and a sign that said hollywood above the door.also, a black and white balloon arch looks good AND occupies space which is always good.
for favors we bought small plastic champagne glasses, glued tiny bowties on the stems and filled them with kisses.
put cardboard stars all over the place, it looks really nice.
we always do a hall of fame thing, with a voting ballot and the winner of each category gets a gift that matches the category.i.e. most ditsy got a can of chicken of the sea (jessica simpson=ditsy)  you get the idea.get a projector if it's possible and show a movie or a slideshow of everyone. as someone else said, you could have your parents or someone stand around with cameras and be annoying paparazzi.as far as themed food goes, i'd say don't worry about it other people won't care but if you really want you can make chocolate dipped strawberries that look like tuxedos or cookies that look like film reels.

Basically you can do anything with this theme so it's pretty easy and can be very low budget if you make everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*Junebug*
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006 10:47:27 AM »

maybe a marilyn monroe dress for the hostess ??
the invites could be those stars they have on the pavement (god my general knowledge is awful) i cant remember what its called but you know the ones with the names of the stars in them, or failing that you could have them as your guests walk in anyway.

thats all ive got

THIS ROCKS   Logged

toxic_candy1
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006 08:02:23 PM »

Well, this year at prom we had a Holly wood theme. Here are some ideas. Smiley

Refreshments
Well, when you think of HOLLYWOOD you think of champagne. SO maybe get some plastic glasses, and fill them with some fizzy drinks, like sprite, 7-up, etc. Also a bowl of punch will do.

Decorations
Red carpet! That's what we had. Ours was plastic and preety cheap at this party store. Lot's of sparkly objects set around the hall. Like red, black and silver (our colours) balloons, and ribbon. Lot's of christmas lights. You can stick up some movie posters as well.

Invitations
Get some gold or silver paper and make it into an envelope. Or make a big movie ticket out of some construction paper, and at the back write in your party information.

Clothing
Vintage clothes! Like (Junebug* mentioned, a Marilyn Monroe dress would be perfect! Very glamorous. Maybe some pearls added on as well, and pumps! Smiley If there are some guys, get them some top hats you could even make out of black bristol boards.

Favors
I'm not quite sure what this is but I'm guessing that maybe you could give out awards, like they do in the Oscars and such. Your friends have many qualities, so give one out for best hair, or best advice, etc. You know them better than I do.  Grin

Anything else you have ideas for
Get your family or friends to be paparazzi (it was actually kind of funny at ours, you feel like a movie star!). Your "paparrazi" could have those cheap disposable cameras to use.

Music, some great Hollywood music, old and new. From Broadway.

Watch some great Hollywood movies, and have some popcorn in those old fashion bags!! Smiley

Hope this helped. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tequila mockingbird
BrightEyedandCrafty
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006 02:13:37 PM »

I am going to make the invites on the computer and fold them into thirds and send them. No envelopes or anything. I just need help because I don't know what design to put on the invite. I was thinking I would make it like a magazine cover with a pic of us with the headline " Guess who's having a party!" with the details as well. It can't be too elaborate or use too much ink because it's going to be like 100-200 people. I lthink in my original post it sounded like there was only gonna be 5-7 people but what I meant was 5-7 hostesses. So anyway.

Thanks for the ideas,

Courtney
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Once when it's told,
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Playback Option in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Load and Play the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With Recording Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With the Actions Panel in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Increase the Productivity in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...