A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet in Fiction (Movies, TV, Books)  (Read 33723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OGiRl
Outstanding in my field (mind the carrots!)

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2007 09:27:12 AM »

In one or two of the early episodes of Bleach (anime), some of the girls are crocheting.  Gotta love Home Handicrafts. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007 09:27:29 AM by OGiRl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn Apocalypse
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007 10:32:11 AM »

I loved how doilies were made to represent all that is evil in the Potter universe through their prominent placement in the Order of the Pheonix movie.

Also, in the movie House of Flying Daggers (brilliant movie, excellent action, fab costumes) Mei is wearing something that looks crocheted throughout the second half of the movie.  This is after the Flying Daggers reveal themselves. Mei and the other Dagger women are wearing light green robes for camouflage, and under them is a darker green garment that is either crocheted or some very similar kind of knotted cord.  It's hard to get a good look at it, but it's very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2007 09:26:53 PM »

In the episode of Supernatural tonight (7 deadly sins) the gluttony demon they have captured says:
"some people crochet others golf, me I like to see people's insides on their outside"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djonesgirl
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2007 10:08:09 AM »

A couple of years ago I saw Gwen Stefani wearing a crocheted red white and blue granny square halter top during a performance on Saturday Night Live (or some other late night show--it's been a while) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

koi

crochet is my thing!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2008 08:59:35 AM »

I'm always obsessed by crocheted stuff in movies, so that I mada e group on flickr, please post your add and comment! My latest obsession is a cute hat from "No Reservation"!!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/631805@N20/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 09:01:35 AM by koi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2008 08:03:24 PM »

In The Commitments, the musician Jimmy "The Lips" Fagan is shown driving around on his motorbike wearing a large, colorful crocheted bag. Come to think of it, the character was a bit colorful as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
iheartmyTHO
Experiment With A Chemist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2008 06:05:54 PM »

If you watching Breaking Bad on TMC, they have a Rectangular Granny Square Blanket and Yo-Yo blanket on the back of the couches. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sappho
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2008 11:47:15 AM »

So I was watching the last couple episodes of "Project Runway: Canada" the other day and Lucian, one of the final three designers, was talking about his major piece for the runway show: a gorgeous crocheted jacket. His entire collection featured crochet, mostly in the form of round doilies attached to skirts and inset into the fabric for a lacy accent, as well as other lacy accents and a crocheted lace bikini. He made it all himself, apparently he's been crocheting since he was 3 I think he said. Anyway here is the link to his gallery. (the first picture is him but hit next to see the rest)

http://www.slice.ca/Shows/ProjectRunwayCanada/PhotoGallery/default.aspx?designer=lucianmatis
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2008 11:52:15 AM »

Wow. His collection is better than any of the final three from the American Project Runway.

I'd like to see it but... what about Tim Gunn? Who's the mentor in that show?
\
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
Sappho
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2008 12:01:48 PM »

The mentor is Brian Bailey. I hadn't heard of him till the show but apparently he's a big figure on the Canadian fashion scene.

I was so surprised to see crochet on the show, it seemed so random. Lucian made a big point of talking about crochet though and how he'd been doing it for so long, so it was really neat. I wish the photos showed more detail, one of the dresses has a cool round motif inset in the lower back, and the dress with the purple lace inset at the waist is so pretty when you see it closer up in the actual episode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do an Autumn Copper Eye Makeup Look
The Monday Makeover - Cat Eye Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Highlighted Face Tutorial
Three Tricks to Achieve Bold Brows with Jeanine Lobell
D.S. & Durga Perfume House
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...