A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet in Fiction (Movies, TV, Books)  (Read 35800 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AdiaStar

Crafting for Mia Stella

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006 05:05:52 PM »

Wayne's World 2 was just on.  I noticed the couch that Garth sits on, it looks like there is a crocheted afghan/blanket draped over the back of the couch.  It looked like multi hexagon shaped motifs in solid colors stitched together.
When i saw it, I remembered this thread and had to post. 
Take Care!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettynpink
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006 09:13:56 AM »

Debbie Macomber wrote two books, one title The Shop on Blossom Street and I forget the other title. The sister of the lead character, who owns a yarn shop, is a crocheter. Smiley Both are very sweet and heartwarming books!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally updated my profile info!
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006 07:51:30 PM »

i was watching an old Seinfeld rerun tonight (the TV Guide/Coffee Table book/Al Roker/"Indian giver" episode), and near the end, George Kastanza's father is sitting in an armchair and there's a ripple afghan behind him. i can't believe i never noticed it before lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VivCatGirl
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006 09:21:12 PM »

I know this has not much to do with the subject of this thread, but I really wanted to share the information but I don't know where. Well, I went to Alcatraz at the other day and inside one of the cells they put together some objects that the prisioners used to have. So there's a radio, some books, a mirror, a harmonica and... A crochet hook! I was listening to the guided tour (it's like a MP3 player that you rent to learn more about the history of the place) and an ex-prisioner tells that he taught others how to crochet, and he says how funny it was to see a big bad guy peacefully crocheting a blanket or something. I was so excited! Isn't that awesome?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006 11:02:29 AM »

awesome! Thats super cool. See? Crochet isnt a granny craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
omibunnydotcom
Omi-bunny.com

www.omi-bunny.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006 02:21:13 PM »

wow, that makes me totally wonder, i wonder if you can crochet in prison these days? i mean, with all the clever ways an inmate could damage another person with a crochet hook (Crochet be deadly, Arggh!)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at Omi-bunny.com or read my poetry at Pathetic.org
dreamweaver75
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006 05:07:50 PM »

Cool thread!
There is a movie released in the last couple of months with Julianne Moore in it called "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio" about a lady who help support her family by writing jingles in the 50s (based on a true story) There are several scenes in the living room that show a faded green crochet afghan - the reason I know it's crochet?  I made it!!!  My 5 seconds of fame LOL - It's shown with the kids having it around their legs watching TV and folded on the back of the couch during a scene where Julianne Moore's character is being interviewed for one of her jingles
This movie was filmed in parts in the city where I used to live
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006 09:04:59 AM »

In the movie "The Turning Point" with Anne Bancroft and Shirley MacLaine, there is a scene where Shirley MacLaine is sitting on her bed talking with her husband (Tom Skerritt) and she is crocheting something.  Later in the movie she is walking to the dance studio and she is carrying a crocheted purse.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Jennickell
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006 12:22:51 PM »

on the show Mama's Family they showed her crocheting a few times.   Smiley  ( i used to watch it every morning while getting ready for school...but now i don't have to get up the same time, so i guess i won't be seeing it as much)

My son was the first to point out Mama and Iola crocheting and from looking at it, I think she really was corcheting. Unlike some TV shows or movies were you can tell they are totally faking it.
I was also watching Drake and Josh and the little sister (I cant think of her name) was supposedly knitting but you could tell the blanket on her lap was obviously crocheted.

Anywho, another funny yarn related scene was in "We Hot American Summer" (if you have not seen this movie, it is the funniest movie ever made, has the guys from The State, Michael Ian Black, Janine Garafello), there is scene where she is knitting a blanket and just started it and then like 5 seconds later someone else comes by and asks her something and the blanket it done. Very funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006 10:23:19 PM »

I can't believe nobody has mentioned "Sweet November" yet I was in love with everything she wore in that movie.

and
I watched Batman Begins last night. The scene where Katie Holmes sees Scarecrow's goons dumping the drugs into the water system one of the bad guys is wearing a brown beanie done in dc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 1/2
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 2/2
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Smoked Egg Salad Recipe
The Success of Chef David Chang
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...