A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 155809 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shootingstar
« Reply #760 on: May 20, 2008 07:27:20 PM »

I found this tutorial on about page 60 (?) of this thread, but it was a life saver starting this blanket. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8645459@N07/sets/72157600301704130

Good luck, let us see what you come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lord, show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you.  Guide me in your truth. Teach me. You are God my Savior.  I put my hope in you all day long.
-Psalm 25:4-5

PM me if you want to swap!  I need some stitch markers...

Finally got one...
http://www.wists.com/shootingstar320
ZellaBella
« Reply #761 on: May 21, 2008 05:28:12 AM »

thanks for the tutorial to bad i started this one will just be... unique! Smiley *is being positive* i so bookmarked it though so for the future cause i already know i want to make another with brighter colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimberlyPye
« Reply #762 on: May 21, 2008 12:02:21 PM »

Yay! I can join now!

I started a star baby blanket a little while ago.  I'll bookmark this and add a picture when I get home.

This pattern is so fun and easy -- I even worked on it between turns of Scrabble last night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #763 on: May 23, 2008 04:06:33 PM »

heres what i've done so far not much since i've been side tracked

it's in tlc baby new mint sparkle and sparkle yellow (i think those were the names)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shootingstar
« Reply #764 on: May 23, 2008 05:44:11 PM »

Just a hint (from experience  Tongue) make sure that you have the same number of DCs on each side of the point, or your star will start to swirl.  (mine is very swirly...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lord, show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you.  Guide me in your truth. Teach me. You are God my Savior.  I put my hope in you all day long.

Finally got one...
ZellaBella
« Reply #765 on: May 23, 2008 06:25:00 PM »

Just a hint (from experience  Tongue) make sure that you have the same number of DCs on each side of the point, or your star will start to swirl.  (mine is very swirly...)
i think it looks that way cause of the way it is laying (on a curve) if it curves i'll love it too this is my testing star >.>; yea testing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shootingstar
« Reply #766 on: May 23, 2008 07:59:05 PM »

i think it looks that way cause of the way it is laying (on a curve) if it curves i'll love it too this is my testing star >.>; yea testing

Yeah, this is my first/test one... It's turning out horribly Tongue
I may undo it all and start over.  We'll see...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally got one...
ademareej
« Reply #767 on: May 24, 2008 07:52:22 AM »

I made this for the crafty Detective Swap Rd 4, and my partner has received so I get to post it here!  Took me FOREVER because it is so big, but I absolutely love it - I've already started a second one for myself!  For some scale, it is pictured on a queen sized bed.  I cut the bottom points off in the picture unintentionally- I had a really hard time getting a picture of the entire blanket and this is the best I got.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #768 on: May 24, 2008 04:34:56 PM »

Yeah, this is my first/test one... It's turning out horribly Tongue
I may undo it all and start over.  We'll see...
na i say keep as is and when you finish you can pass it along in your family and it'll have an intersting history. and it turns out for one row i did add an extra stitch and kept going for 4 rows. now they are all right but i didnt go back and fix it i'll tell my son "see this is what you made me do, crocheting in the dark by the light of the computer!"
sorry i'm in a weird happy place right now in my mind Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clrowi
« Reply #769 on: May 24, 2008 04:43:41 PM »

I am SO in on this. I'll do up a practice one to bust my stash of a billion and six odds and ends, and then work on a "good" one.

What are your fave types of yarn to use for this? Acrylics can be 'scratchy' and I don't want that for a little baby, but on the other hand, I still want it durable and wash-wash-washable, and not TOO expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Rankin Live Exhibition
Tips for Photographing Children
How to Shoot Amazing Pictures Under and Above Water
Bacon Alphabet by Henry Hargreaves
Toasted by Henry Hargreaves
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...