A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 150319 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: March 14, 2008 06:47:44 AM »

i freaking LOVE the rainbow ones! even though i'm making two neither of them is rainbow. have to do that next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
delilahbrat
« Reply #711 on: March 14, 2008 10:44:59 AM »

I love the colors, it looks wonderful!
Everyone has done such amazing work on their blankets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #712 on: March 14, 2008 06:02:09 PM »

So, I'm working on another one. I went and picked up 9 balls of this great bulky-weight, super-soft acrylic stuff and hoped it would be enough.
Woops.
Working with 4 colours, I have almost nearly a full ball of one colour (which is complete now), nearly 2 balls of another colour (only 2 rounds left of this colour), and have to buy another ball each of the remaining colours. I have one point, both sides, plus half a side of the one colour left to complete, as well as a full three rounds of the final colour.
I completely forgot that when doing a succession of colours, you will need more of the colours you use on later rounds...duh!

Oh, well, it's turning out quite nicely, and is nearly big enough for my 6'4" boyfriend to use comfortably as an afghan when watching TV Cheesy:D:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #713 on: March 21, 2008 11:52:45 AM »

WOW, everyone's blankets are so awesome! Time to make another one...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
dofnup
« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2008 03:00:10 PM »

After sooo long I finally got back online and on-track ... and I have pics of my two starghans!! I also made one as a gift but forgot to take a pic before I gave it away (boo)  Roll Eyes

The pics came out a little weird cuz I didn't have anyone to help me take them, so it looks like they're wonky, but I swear they're nice and even!  Cheesy

My Starghan, made with Caron Simply Soft (40 rows). You can see the joins  Sad:

http://lh3.google.com/dofnup/R-R5GRD18NI/AAAAAAAACXw/arSMRDZZXMc/s400/myghan1.JPG.jpg

Starghan for my baby (due June 22nd!!), made with TLC Amore (20 rows) ... yes, this is a blatant ripoff of superlisa's baby starghan, but I loved it so much and the colors went perfectly with the nursery so I had to do it, sorry!  Embarrassed I used the join-at-a-point trick for invisible joins this time, yay!  Grin

http://lh3.google.com/dofnup/R-R5uRD18SI/AAAAAAAACYY/fLVEy3iFFhA/s400/babyghan4.JPG.jpg

Of course my handsome kitty HAD to be in the pic!!  Wink

I'm really loving this pattern ... I already know it by heart, and yet I manage to learn something new every time I make another starghan. Now I've got my eye on the alternative, "no holes" pattern ... as soon as I find someone who wants a starghan I'm trying that one out!

Yay for starghans!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 01:24:58 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #715 on: April 01, 2008 07:24:43 PM »

They are both very nice, dofnup!

I've bought loads of yarn lately and definately plan on making more of these as gifts because all my friends just love these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
tcha345
« Reply #716 on: April 01, 2008 07:57:20 PM »

I've been working on both the holes and no holes version and I think I like the no holes one better.  I'll post pics when I find my camera. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
delilahbrat
« Reply #717 on: April 01, 2008 08:03:40 PM »

Been working on hats like crazy, so I had put the blanket aside. Been working on it on and off for the past two days. Still have a LOT to go to get it where I want (yeah, I know, it's for a 5 year old, but I want it to fit on her bed and to be something she can use for a while). My daughter loves it so far, and keeps "trying it out" and telling me how much bigger she wants it.

Sorry for the horrible picture. I tried to sneak in a picture before my daughter started going for the camera so I didn't get to smooth it down or make it look "pretty for the camera".
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg98/brokendelilah/?action=view&current=starpart2.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcha345
« Reply #718 on: April 01, 2008 08:15:10 PM »

no holes:

holes:

both are unfinished and i hope both will be okay once they've been blocked. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #719 on: April 03, 2008 08:01:53 AM »

Hi,
I have been watching this thread with great interest for a long time.  I have a friend who is having a baby girl in May.  Her nursery is in sage and rose.  I used Lion Cotton Ease in Lime, Berry and Almond.  It measures 40 inches across from the tip to the inner corner (don't know how else to describe it).  The colors are as close as I can get them, because my house is very dark.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dr Kate Williams Talks About Queen Elizabeth II at Althorp Festival
The Age of Miracles Book Trailer
David Maraniss Discusses His Audiobook, Barack Obama
Colm Toibin on His Audiobook, New Ways to Kill Your Mother
Author Andrew Zolli Talks About Resilience
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...