A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,298
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 164228 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muzzymom86
« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2007 06:20:29 AM »

Sorcha I too love your colors.  Go pink and brown. 

I finished mine last night.  Just need to weave in a few ends.  Pics soon I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2007 07:05:02 AM »

The white, well couldn't tell you who makes that since the label has disappeared, but the other is TLC Baby (by Red Heart) in Neopolitan.  I didn't even realize the colors were so ice cream-like till last night when all I could think of was, yummmm, ice cream...lol.  Leave it to a pregnant woman to pick out something like this!

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2007 07:31:26 PM »

Sweet! Me and Mishymishy were thinking the same thing that it looked like ice cream. I can't wait too see it done as well as yours Muzzymom86.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
OutrageousOrange
« Reply #533 on: October 25, 2007 07:32:22 AM »

An update on my Banana Berry Star, I'm about 14 rows completed and still going strong. My husband and I are trying to conceive, so while we work on 'Operation Population', I am working on my star. I needed something that could work girl or boy, and I think blue's, yellows, and green's are great for that. The star shape also works for both boy/girl. My mother asked about my star "What happened to the baby pastel colors?" I told her I'm not making anything in pastels, and she replied, "That's what grandma's are for."  Wink
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t133/crystalrae214/HPIM1078.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Orange!
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: October 25, 2007 08:32:21 PM »

Pretty colors Orange.

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 26, 2007 08:11:12 AM »

as soon as i get more of my stash busted i'm gonna start one of these! they look so kewl and i have tons of baby yarn leftover from when i had my daughter and thought i was going to make all kinds of blankets and instead only did one. but i can always start making them for future babies! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #536 on: October 26, 2007 08:38:18 PM »

Here's a pic of mine -

It's about 20 rows done, I started with the pattern at yarn-diva and the number of dc's on the pattern is wrong for the first few rows, but I think it came out ok anyway. I'm planning to do another 10 rows or so, or whatever I need to get at least 40" across the center.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ameythestlily
« Reply #537 on: October 26, 2007 09:14:54 PM »

So months later I've gotten back to my blanket, got 3 more rows done, didn't like it, frogged it and I'm starting over. I'm hoping to post so pics this weekend.
I love how everyone's blankets look (hope mine is almost as good when I finish)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2 more months till little Emmalyn makes her debut. So nervous but just can't wait Smiley
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 27, 2007 04:24:07 PM »

Really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
ThreadOrYarn
« Reply #539 on: October 29, 2007 07:19:49 AM »

I added 11  more rows (5 red, 3 white, 2 red, 1 white) and spread it out to measure. I ran out of the red, and I'm almost out of white. I  wanted to see how much more I needed to do to decide which yarn to buy. There's about 500 stitches per round.

Point to point, it's nearly 5 FEET across!  Point to valley, I don't remember, maybe 4 feet.  Going straight across the center is 36" more or less From the center to a valley is 21"

Dh came in while I was measuring and asks who it's for (hinting that he'll be perfectly happy with it  Cheesy ) I told him it's for the baby and he said "THAT's for a baby?!? Just how big do you think a baby is??!"  He held it up to himself - with one point at his neck, the opposite point was below his knees.

I guess it's big enough.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007 07:20:06 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Ribbon Watchband
How to Make an Origami Handbag
How to Make a Paisley Silk Scarf
How to Make Duct Tape Wallets
Teaching Children How to Knit
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...