A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 306,062
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 198221 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

berol
« Reply #520 on: October 23, 2007 02:42:16 AM »

This is the easiest way to start this star - ax174 posted this on p17:

I'd have never made mine without it!!!

Koi, this beginning is much easier than the one in the pattern, and has the same end result:

Foundation ring: 
Make a ring.

Rnd 1: ch-3 into the ring (counts as 1 dc), ch-3.
(dc in ring, ch-3) 4 times.  Sl-st with first dc.

You should have 5 ch-spaces. 

Rnd 2: Sl-st to a ch-space, and ch 3 (counts as 1 dc). 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in same space.  See that ch-2 space?  That's a star point.

"Shell" (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in each of the other 4 ch-spaces to make 4 more star-points.  Sl-st back into first dc.

-------

From then on, you dc into each st, except that you skip 2 sts at each "dip", and you do the shell thing at each ch-space star-point.

Hope that makes sense.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: October 23, 2007 07:48:09 AM »

The slideshow is here:

Tutorial
 Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: October 23, 2007 08:13:11 AM »

Aelita, You should make a starghan with your Banana Berry Yarn. It works up nicely, and creates the stripes without having to change colors. Great for beginners, like me!!!

If I had enough of it I probably would b/c the Banana Berry is a good color for a boy. I have a god son who is three and itis hard to find things for him. I may just go and buy more and make him something with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2007 07:05:20 PM »

The slideshow is here:

Tutorial
 Smiley

You are awesome Grin

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Sorcha Griannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: October 23, 2007 10:15:00 PM »

MishyMishy...Thanks again for the picture tut.  Here's my progress now that I have practiced on the other for a bit. 

Once I looked through those pictures it made a heck of a lot of sense to me...I'm a visual learner for this type of things I guess. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: October 23, 2007 10:35:51 PM »

MishyMishy...Thanks again for the picture tut.  Here's my progress now that I have practiced on the other for a bit.  
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/sorchagriannon/crafts/PICT0001-1.jpg

Once I looked through those pictures it made a heck of a lot of sense to me...I'm a visual learner for this type of things I guess.  

Sorcha

Ooh I like the colors you're using Sorcha what yarns are they? They remind me of the Ice Cream. Yours is coming along great so far.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 01:20:53 PM by pinkleo - Reason: please do not quote pics, remove img tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2007 11:15:42 PM »

You are very welcome  Grin Grin I love the colors too! It's funny Aelita said ice cream cuz I thought "mmmm neopolitan."  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
Muzzymom86
« Reply #527 on: October 24, 2007 06:20:29 AM »

Sorcha I too love your colors.  Go pink and brown. 

I finished mine last night.  Just need to weave in a few ends.  Pics soon I promise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: October 24, 2007 07:05:02 AM »

The white, well couldn't tell you who makes that since the label has disappeared, but the other is TLC Baby (by Red Heart) in Neopolitan.  I didn't even realize the colors were so ice cream-like till last night when all I could think of was, yummmm, ice cream...lol.  Leave it to a pregnant woman to pick out something like this!

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: October 24, 2007 07:31:26 PM »

Sweet! Me and Mishymishy were thinking the same thing that it looked like ice cream. I can't wait too see it done as well as yours Muzzymom86.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...