A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 141554 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2007 06:56:14 AM »

Vikiki, those are really great colours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #451 on: July 18, 2007 07:49:57 AM »

Okay, I'm back! My brother just informed me that he & his new wife are expecting. She is very newly pregnant, so we don't know the sex of the baby yet, but I am itching to get crafting. Also, I have so many things going on, I'm going to need all the time possible to make sure I get it done in time. I'd like to give it to them for Christmas this year. Well, I decided that I am going to do a star afghan, but I'm making mine in rainbow colors (so much inspiration led me to this decision), so that it will be fine for a boy or a girl. I wanted it to be nice and big, so I'm doing 5 rows of each color. I was going to do 10, but it's getting to be quite large (most likely because I'm using an I hook), so I cut it in half. I've finished the red, and am on my 2nd row of orange. I'm trying to use the brightest "primary" colors I can find. Once I get going more, I will post a progress pic. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
thebuffster
That's what she said!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: July 20, 2007 02:16:58 AM »

I just recently taught myself to crochet and was looking for the perfect project. I'm a huge fan of stars so when I saw this I knew this was the one! I found the alternate tutorial (on comments page 17) to be a little easier to understand. I'm using this one as practice for a baby blanket I'm planning on making for someone at work. Here's mine so far. I know it's gonna take forever but I plan on doing 7 more rows of each of the colors. I want this one to be fairly big.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/theothergwenstefani/CIMG1007.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #453 on: July 20, 2007 05:19:45 AM »

I just recently taught myself to crochet and was looking for the perfect project. I'm a huge fan of stars so when I saw this I knew this was the one! I found the alternate tutorial (on comments page 17) to be a little easier to understand. I'm using this one as practice for a baby blanket I'm planning on making for someone at work. Here's mine so far. I know it's gonna take forever but I plan on doing 7 more rows of each of the colors. I want this one to be fairly big.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/theothergwenstefani/CIMG1007.jpg

Oh! I love that color combination! Especially the blue!

I've only done one more row on mine [slaps hand]. I've been distracted by my swap crafts. I will get it done though, I will! One of my really close friends from back home just told me yesterday that she is getting married AND expecting her first baby as well. Looks like I'm going to have a busy next few months!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 20, 2007 04:05:53 PM »

Really cool color combo!! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
pinkpoodle230
« Reply #455 on: July 21, 2007 05:55:07 PM »

I joined nearly last week but never posted! Now im getting quite close to finished, only mine is going to be a little rug, possibly for my (male) poodle, he likes it but its in all shades of pink so im not sure how that will go over  Grin I'll post pictures as soon as i get new batteries for my camera!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnish
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2007 05:21:05 PM »

Here is the final baby blanket for my new little nephew, Reggie. I finished it about 4 months ago, hehe. My sister loved it, and my other nephew Adam (3) claimed it as his as soon as he saw it. I think that's a nice compliment!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 11, 2007 10:17:43 PM »

Dreamy colors! Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
bbeaded
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2007 05:01:13 AM »

you did a fantastic job! no wonder she loved it! Smiley i also really like the colour
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007 05:01:50 AM by bbeaded » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Latest blog - www.oddsnblobs.blog spot.com

MY NEW ETSY STORE!! - www.oddsnblobs.etsy .com
Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2007 11:52:39 AM »

Here's my little one that is only about two feet across:

It's made with super soft super chunky yarn with an 'N' hook so it's only 8 rounds or so.  I've got a bigger one in the works with the same colors.  And here is photo evidence that a) you should not let clearance bins dictate color combos and b) you should pick color combos whilst sick with a fever.  Yes, it has been frogged because I realized how hideous it was and I'll leave it as a url in case anyone just ate.  Grin
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p182/adriennevia/PsychoStarAfghan.jpg
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007 11:53:20 AM by Grieney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Decorate This Fall with Painted Leaves
2 Steps to a Gorgeous Painted Makeup Brush Holder
How to Make Zombie Edible Brains
Meet the Maniac Pumpkin Carvers and Their Cool Pumpkins
The Making of the Wired Design Logo at TechShop, San Francisco
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...