A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 306,439
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 188248 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vylentviolet
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2007 07:29:40 PM »

Thanks guys :] They're one of my favorite color combinations. I'e already got in mind some more colors I'd like to use for the next one... I'm obsessed :x
This is the other one I'm working on for my sis's baby (got like 3 weeks til he's born, omg). Ravens colors, and I'm gonna do the final row in metalic gold fun fur type stuff.

I was doing the pattern wrong so now the points of the stars are kinda ruffling up and won't lay flat... but I don't think the baby will mind :] I'm gonna try to do the pattern the correct way for the rest of the rows and hope it'll straighten out.

As for the pink/green/black one, I might trim it in metallic silver, what do you guys think? Too tacky? Although tacky pretty much rocks anyway Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://airrikka.etsy.com

personal swapper!!!
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2007 08:55:11 PM »

I like this one too the colors my god daughter would love purple is her fav color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
eirle

Ph.D. complete. Back to crafting!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2007 11:20:26 AM »

I finally finished reading the *whole* thread, so now I can post and say hello to all of you! I started my blanket yesterday. It's rainbow colors with white in between each color change. I'll post a pic soon.

I was wondering though, whether any of you had this particular problem. I found that when I skipped two dc's it started to get lopsided, so I frogged back a bit and started skipping one dc instead. I get a slightly smaller hole but my star is much less crooked.
Did anyone else do this?

I'm so excited... I'm already on yellow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dare to Dream. Dare to believe in what is possible and instill in others the same sense of possibility." -C. Fiorina 2004
ax174
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2007 05:09:00 AM »

I finally finished reading the *whole* thread, so now I can post and say hello to all of you! I started my blanket yesterday. It's rainbow colors with white in between each color change. I'll post a pic soon.

I was wondering though, whether any of you had this particular problem. I found that when I skipped two dc's it started to get lopsided, so I frogged back a bit and started skipping one dc instead. I get a slightly smaller hole but my star is much less crooked.
Did anyone else do this?

I'm so excited... I'm already on yellow!

Wow, you read the whole thread!  Kudos to you - what patience and persistence!  I admit to skipping only 1 dc after the first few rounds - skipping 2 seemed to make it curl too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HumorMe

Life is too short not to have fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2007 03:21:50 PM »

And here is my version (I can't post pics yet, but you can click on the link):

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/452404/543773/248624837.jpg

I didn't have a problem with ruffling by skipping two dc, but the edges did want to curl a bit, so I finished the final round with a reverse sc -- or crab stitch -- around it all, again skipping 2 dc in the valleys and putting 2 rsc in the points.  I used Hobby Lobby's new bulky yarn, "I Love This Yarn" in two shades of red, two shades of blue, and white and cream.  And I do love that yarn, it is incredibly soft and luscious feeling.  Oh, and I used a K hook.
Rosina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HumorMe
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2007 04:19:37 PM »

I really like your blanket HumorMe - it turned out really well. I especially like the darker border on each stripe, it really sets off the colour change.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #316 on: April 27, 2007 08:21:19 AM »

I really like your blanket HumorMe - it turned out really well. I especially like the darker border on each stripe, it really sets off the colour change.
Agreed.  That's one fine blanket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HumorMe

Life is too short not to have fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: April 27, 2007 09:51:09 AM »

Thanks, Minky and Ax!!  I really did have fun making it, but glad it's done now that the weather is warming up.   Rosina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HumorMe
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #318 on: April 27, 2007 10:46:09 AM »

Very nice, HumorMe! I know what you mean about warm weather and crocheting blankets... I think I will make another one in the fall.  I've been on a yo-yo and flower making craze lately!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
moecantsew

I am a scientist who crafts or is it the other way

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2007 06:25:46 AM »

I started a blanket!  I saw this awhile ago, and I really wanted to do one, I had a hard time getting started, but this thread helped me a TON!  I have to post 10 times before I post a picture.  Opps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
F*Ck Self Improvement
Food & Wine Pairings For Beginners
How the 1965 Immigration Act Changed America
Deborah Meyler: What Are You Reading?
Lisa Renee Jones: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...