A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 144529 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

discoprincess
« Reply #210 on: March 14, 2007 03:36:49 PM »

i'm making a star blanket for my sis in law. blue and white for the new little boy. YAY!

I can attest to the improvement of acrylic in the wash. I made a huge sweater coat out of grey red heart acrylic. I threw it in the wash with a single pair of jeans (to balance and agitiate) and then dried it in a normal dryer run with a bounce sheet. Its SUPER!! All cuddly and soft. I didn't believe it would happen but the heat in the dryer really does work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
foreversandals
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2007 05:41:57 AM »

[

Here's mine so far.
I will be finishing the round of white, adding a pink, a white, a purple and a white row. [Each color gets 3 rows] And then I'll be done!

Its for my cousin's baby girl she had last month.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2007 10:29:12 AM »

That's really beautiful!! I'm sure she'll love the blanket foreversandals! I'm a fan of stripes too! <33
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foreversandals
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2007 11:53:08 AM »

Thank you.
It just kind of happened that way. I had no plans for how to do it when I started...  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
red_door
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2007 08:23:33 AM »

Here's an in-progress photo of my star blanket (of course, my Annabelle had to get in on the photo action, but at least she gives some scale to the picture). I think I'm about halfway done. I haven't decided how big I want it to be quite yet. I like how the different variegated yarns have different kinds of color changes. And I think the semi-muted yellow keeps the crazy yarns from being too crazy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2007 09:57:06 AM »

Ahw what a beautiful cat, I could just reach in the pic and take her she is so cute...oh yeah the starghan lol I like how you have the different colors for it. I have the blue green variegated color um it's called Banana Berry I haven't decided what to make with it yet and I have the yellow but I never was able to find the redish yellow yarn. I love practically every variegated color yarns anyway. Give a skein variegated color yarn and we'll be friends for life lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
red_door
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2007 10:57:37 AM »

aelita,

Thanks for the compliment on my Annabelle (and my starghan Smiley). I'll tell her that you think she's a cutie. I'm lucky to have her. My dad saw her crouched on the side of the Washington, DC Capital Beltway and we went back and caught her, took her to the vet to get fixed up, and she's been my little munchkin ever since. She even produced one other little munchkin to add to the family (you can see her in one of my craft photos here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=158400.0). Annabelle has a bum foot and is pathetically limpy when she walks, but she doesn't let it slow her down. And she's totally a sweetie.

Anyway, you're right about the blue/green yarn being called Banana Berry. The yellow I'm using is called Cornmeal, I think. The red variegated one is called Sunshine Print. I got them all at my local AC Moore last week. I think the blue and red ones were actually right together. Maybe it'll turn up for you someday. I really like variegated yarn, too. It's fun to see what color's coming through your fingers next! The sunshine print one's fun because the colors don't pool. The color sections are really short. Maybe I'll have to buy a bunch of variegated yarns and join in your 12-point star crochetalong next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2007 11:20:41 AM »

I really like your colour combo, red-door! I'm with you on loving variegated yarns too. They are so fun to work with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
vylentviolet
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2007 02:58:55 PM »

Thanks to those of you who simplified the first two or so rows of this pattern... I was completely baffled before. I've had to restart several times, but now that I know what I'm doing, it's looking pretty good.

I have a question though. I am on row 3, and the points of my star aren't laying flat, they're curling up a little. Will it go away as I add more rows? I'm new at crochet so I don't really know what to expect.

Here's how it's looking so far... Believe it or not, it's not blue, it's a really vivid purple that my camera refuses to pick up and I'm too lazy to fix it.  Tongue It's gonna be Ravens colors... For my nephew who is going to be born in May. Let's hope I finish it before then  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://airrikka.etsy.com

personal swapper!!!
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2007 03:26:09 PM »

Ahw vylenviolet your star is so cute so far. I hate it when my camera don't pick up the colors right too, makes me mad. I have faith in you that you will definitely get your starghan done by May. If I'm not mistaken the points will straighten as you add more rows. Oh and I am so gonna reach through your pic and steal your razor phone, I want one so bad. I have the world's smallest camera phone right now the Pantech lol.

red_door your other kitty looks so much like Annbelle that if her name wasn't in the pic I would've thought it was Annabelle. Mother and daughter kitty are so cute I could take them both
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Balayage Highlights
Messy Updos Are in This Summer
How Liz Vaccariello Maintains Her Bountiful Bangs
Learn How to Paint Sun-Kissed Balayage Highlights at Home
Ponytails Get Glamorous on the Cannes Red Carpet
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...