A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 152409 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006 12:10:55 PM »

I got a question about how many rounds would one need to be for a 2 yr old?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superlisa
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006 07:09:04 PM »

I've progressed to 30 and I think it would be suitable for a 2 year old. of course, it also depends on the size of the hook and weight of the yarn you're using.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balancing crafts and motherhood @ www.goodknits.com
bunnyboo
"She is as wholesome as a bowl of cornflakes, and at least as sexy."

*Hi, my name is Bunny and I'm a swapaholic*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006 02:23:33 PM »

I'm also making this blanket but it's pretty slow going. The pattern i have says she used a G hook and about 20 rounds for a preemie sized blanket. i crochet rather tightly so I used an H hook instead and i've done about 35 rounds and the blanket is only about 2 feet wide point to point.

guess i'll just keep truckin.

btw the blanket with the verigated yarn is just too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifts, Purses, Crochet & Knitting Helpers, Papercrafts & More in my Etsy store...
www.courtneymarin.etsy.com

Facebook Email Search: surfingmonkeyguy@hotmail.com

www.wists.com/bunnyboo
Always Open to Personal Swaps!!!!
tangledfingers
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006 04:44:08 PM »

Ok as promised I am still trucking along on this one. I havent posted a work in progress pic yet, I will try to remember to do that tonight. I am using g hook and I am 19 rounds in, I think maybe 10 more rounds ought to do just right. It now measures from top point of star to bottom decrease 2feet 10 inches. Its not easy to measure  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tangledfingers
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006 10:07:21 PM »

Ta Da! Work in progress... I wish the lighting was better, the baby blue is actually baby blue with flecks of green, red, bright blue, pink, yellow, and more. Hopefully I will have a finished product here soon!

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010 08:35:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittybritches
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006 08:10:05 AM »

I've been working on this blanket since last weekend, I will post pics as soon as I can.  I'm using the Caron Simply Soft yarns in carbine red, lemonade, green blue and purple (not sure exactly the names of the last three).  I had SO many starts and restarts trying to get past the first few rounds.  I still occasionally find I need to add a stitch or decrease every once in a while, but it's going pretty good now.  This is the first real crochet I've done, besides a cat toy and some wristwarmers, since I usually knit.  I love how fast my project grows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superlisa
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006 09:28:39 AM »

I finished mine. it's 34 rounds and measures ~45 inches from the top point to the bottom center decrease and ~55 inches from one end point across to the other. it's a pretty big baby blanket and I hope it lasts a long time! i washed it this morning, but was so afraid it'd...dissolve or something (paranoid, much?), so i took a picture before. here it is, on my queen size bed.

(click for a larger image)

I didn't end up using the yarn until it finished. I used almost all of the dark green, and i made an amigurumi elephant with the light green. they make a cute set. Smiley

oh...of course, it survived the wash. it's softer now, too. yay acrylic! heh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balancing crafts and motherhood @ www.goodknits.com
glittergirl94
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006 02:52:15 PM »

So here is my WIP pic...

Let me just say, I love this yarn.  This blanket is working up so quick and it is just so stinkin' soft.  After finishing the blue(five or six rounds, I can't remember off the top of my head) I just had to squish it around my hands for a bit...  The first word that comes to mind when looking at this blanket... yummy.  

I love that so many of you are doing one too!  It's motivating me to do more...  Great job to all!  I'll post a pic of the finished blanket as soon as it's done!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tangerine_Dreams
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006 09:33:59 AM »

Wow, everyone's blanket is looking great!!!  I'm almost finished with the white row between colors, so ones I get it finished I"ll post a picture!

Superlisa:
  I love the look of just the black and white!!  Not something I'm usually into...but very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..~Jessica~
sumerlovin
"a woman without jewelry is like a night without stars"

"hey summer, wanna play me?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006 09:50:05 AM »

I know how to crochet, but i am having a hard time starting this one.  Can anyone give me clearer instructions as how to start this blanket?  I absolutely love stars and have to make the blanket!!!

Please help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sommer
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sustainable Rings Made from Old Gold Jewelry
How to Make Polymer Clay Beads
How to Make Beaded Watch Bands
How to Make Paper Beads
How to Make Beaded Hoop Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...