A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 145618 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TShanafelt
« Reply #940 on: February 11, 2009 12:41:48 PM »

I wish I could take part in this CAL. Sadly, working in rounds continues to elude me.  Roll Eyes
Everyone keep up the good work; these blankets look amazing!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #941 on: February 17, 2009 07:27:07 PM »

I've started yet another tonight.
10rnds into the no holes pattern I love so much...
My husband has been BEGGING me to make him a pentagram starghan. He even threatens to steal our son's red, burgundy and black one I made him in lieu of the one he really wants...
So, I told him that I didn't want to work out the colour-changing on that.
Then, I walked into Zellers today to pay a bill, and lo and behold, don't they have well over half of their yarn on CLEARANCE to make room for the new spring stock?

I picked up 13 balls of Phentex "Fashion Twenty-three" for just 99cents each! 10 balls of black, and 3 of gray.
I bring it home and start working on his piece, only to be told he wants a red one with a black pentagram, not a black one with a gray pentagram.
Well, I've started it now, and this is just too nice of a yarn to give up on (76.5% acrylic, 10.5% wool, 10.5% mohair, 2.5% poly) and really soft and lush. Friends are due with a baby in April, and are naming the poor little boy Natas, so it's a suiting gift for the little anarchist-to-be.
Will post pics soon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #942 on: February 17, 2009 08:53:02 PM »

someone please help me! im sorry if this question is completely retarded, but i am very new to crocheting and am trying hard to teach myself.

i really want to make this blanket but im sad to say im on round 2 of this tutorial and already stuck http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html

i made round one, the circle thing, and now for round 2. i thought you were supposed to start a double crochet in the fourth chain stitch, but clearly it says to only do 3. i am confused on where to put the hook in order to do the double crochet. see, this is what i have, where do i start the dc?

i hope that makes sense Huh someone please help me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: February 18, 2009 02:18:53 PM »

Did you check out the photo tutorial? The link is in my signature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #944 on: February 18, 2009 07:26:22 PM »

Did you check out the photo tutorial? The link is in my signature.

def check it out- i don't read patterns but easily followed this super tut!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
Lo{ve}
« Reply #945 on: February 18, 2009 11:30:55 PM »

that tutorial is quite amazing  Smiley
but i still can not figure this darn thing out.
i got round 1 and round 2 down! but now its round 3 driving me crazy. at the end of round 3 my (what should be) star looks like this

maybe this whole thing just isnt for me!  Huh Huh Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #946 on: February 19, 2009 09:49:15 PM »

actually, i think i may have. i think i did ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, then only 2 dc because for some reason i thought they didn't fit? would i have done something wrong in the first place for them not to fit?

i guess ill just have to start the whole thing over and try again. thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AbbiBaker
« Reply #947 on: February 20, 2009 01:20:58 PM »

I want to do this so badly but I can get past the second row.  I tried the photos but the 9th photo is where i get completely lost  Embarrassed
I'm so embarrassed haha.  I don't know where to put my 2 dc or what it means by putting the 3dc in the first ch2 space.  I think I'm hopeless
Editttt! I figured it all out but i'm having a problem with my skipped stitches, each row they seem to be shifting a little to the left.  I think this has to do with the stitch in which i start each row, but i'm really bad at deciphering the stitches.  I don't know if anybody could even help with that... its such an odd problem i think.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009 09:44:29 AM by AbbiBaker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dofnup

The eternal search for the perfect shrug >_>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: February 26, 2009 12:11:42 PM »

Hi everyone!! OMG I hadn't been on here in FOREVER!! Spent an hour looking at all the gorgeous starghans I've missed! This thread is such a favorite!  Wink

I just wanted to share my funny starghan story ... so I made one for my son while I was pregnant, and then my mom made like 73 (non-star) blankies for him, too, so when he was born I just didn't even think he would like the starghan, but one night all the other blankies were in the laundry so I grabbed the starghan and somehow it became a routine to give him THAT blanket to sleep.

Anywho, last week at daycare they told me he was just NOT sleeping, he was fighting naps, they were having a rough time. I couldn't believe it since he's such a good sleeper at home. Well I sent him to daycare with the starghan the next day and ... LO AND BEHOLD! He slept like an angel.

So I had to run out and find TLC Amore (couldn't find the green) and I made him an extra starghan IN ONE WEEKEND!! OMG needless to say I actually had shoulder cramps from the speed hooking!! I managed to finish it during The Oscars ... yes, I spent 3 hours straight watching the TV and crocheting like a crazy woman.

Now he has his "home starghan" and his "daycare starghan" and all is well with the world. Who'da thunk it would have such power?? Haha!

To all you gals struggling with the first rows, DON'T GIVE UP, use the picture tutorial, and hang in there ... once you get it, once you make one, the next one will be SO easy, you'll be making a whole bunch of them. This last one was my 4th and I didn't even need the pattern anymore, it was that easy!

You can do it!!  Grin

P.S. - I don't have a picture of the daycare one since it was such short notice, sorry!  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goals: Learn - Make Shrug - Cables - Make Fingerless Gloves - Lace
Crochet goals: Learn - Make Amigurumi! - STARGHAN! - Amigurumi for Everyone @ Xmas
My FO's: http://picasaweb.google.com/dofnup/FOS
... or on Ravelry!
Ezza1337
Guinea Pig Wrangler

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 01, 2009 03:15:49 AM »

Last March or possibly even earlier I started to make this blanket. I took several hopeless first steps battling really poorly written pattern instructions before some of the people on this forum posted some hot tips back in the early early pages.

I then spent 9 months of my pregnancy (which was an arduous journey in itself and nearly resulted in disaster several times) making the blanket for my daughter-to-be. She was born smack bang on her due date, much to everyone;s surprise as she was meant to be early.

This is the blanket in its finished state
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/blanket29.JPG

The blanket with my Veronica in it on her first day home.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/v55.JPG

I realised when I was too far along I'd picked up an extra stitch along the way in each row... but I just went with it and it doesn't look too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everywhere you go, always take the weather with you
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brunch for a Bunch with Chef Cat De Orio
Charcoal Grill Barbecue Demo
Red, White, and Blue Dog by Chef Cat De Orio
Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage by Chef Jill
New York Style Dog by Chef Jill Houk
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...