A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 99
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Star Baby Blanket~Along (w/pattern link)  (Read 152515 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , star , blanket , baby , star_afghan  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SummerSin
« Reply #870 on: September 08, 2008 11:28:41 PM »

Ok so I finally finished my star afghan! Just doing a few appliques and then I will have pics up! Hopefully by tommorrow if I don't get lazy!!! Now I am working on a thumper look a like and boy oh boy did I choose the wrong yarn lol. My fingers feel like they might break!!!!! Oh I am also working on a coordinating baby sweater to give my SIL with the blankie! My first article of clothing to ever be crocheted! It's finished too except for the applique and the buttons....I need star buttons......*on the hunt*....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #871 on: September 08, 2008 11:53:21 PM »

I found some really cute star buttons over the weekend at JoAnn's.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SummerSin
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2008 12:03:30 AM »

Really? Awesome, I will have to make a stop there this week sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archerpren
« Reply #873 on: September 12, 2008 03:02:25 PM »

iheartmyTHO i have to say all the blankets are turning out really cool but yours by far is my favorite. would you mind telling me exactly which vanas choice colors you used. also i am sorry if this has been talked about already. there are soooo may posts on this subject i just looked through the pix. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archerpren
« Reply #874 on: September 12, 2008 03:11:54 PM »

these questions may have been covered already. is there a way to search to see if questions have already been answered in a particular thread? im not sure so i will ask them and if anyone wants to tell me how to search in the future that would be really helpfull because so many topics have pages and pages of replies and when you come in late its kinda hard to read 88 pages of replies :0)

1) if anyone made this in red heart super saver, how many skeins did it actually take?
2) when you change colors do you just knot the new color onto the old one and cut off the ends?

thanks for your patience guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommycrochets
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2008 03:26:05 PM »

2) when you change colors do you just knot the new color onto the old one and cut off the ends?

I used at least 2 regular size skiens of RH
Please do not just cut off you ends, crochet over them or weave them in later with a large eyed hook, otherwise all your hard work will come undone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archerpren
« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2008 03:36:44 PM »

Please do not just cut off you ends, crochet over them or weave them in later with a large eyed hook, otherwise all your hard work will come undone.

really! oh my. even if you tie it iin a really good square knot. alot of gifts ive given in the past are gonna have serious issues some day. oops. ok so tie the knot weave in the end. do i have to tie a knot over there too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SummerSin
« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2008 06:24:41 PM »

No you don't tie a knot at all to start a new color!!! If you look on youtube under crochet change colors or anything like that they have a bunch of videos that will show you the correct way of doing it! And it feels alot nicer too without knots throughout your work. I was doing it that way forever and just recently learned the "right" way. Youtube was a godsend. They also have tute vids if you ever need to learn a knew stitch or things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #878 on: September 13, 2008 06:26:33 PM »

my wip

it's 5 rows of blue, 2 of verigated 4 of green, 2 of verigated, going to be 4 of yellow and 2 of verigated i may repeat (with 4 rows of blue not 5 the 2nd time) again if i feel it isnt big enough for a 3 year old. i'm not sure if i really like how it's coming out though

edit this is my 2nd one and the numbers are even on each side but it's still coming out slightly swirly anyone know why? they arent even even (12 sk two 12) more like 11 sk two 11 if you know what i mean? i'm just giving a random numbers also but it gives the general idea
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008 06:30:25 PM by ZellaBella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

archerpren
« Reply #879 on: September 13, 2008 07:26:05 PM »

i love it! those colors are great! i like it swirly like that :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 99 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
3 Volume-Boosting Beauty Products For Your Hair, Lips and Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...