A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You Can't Knit All Day?  (Read 1213 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

basketcase93
Yo soy del unicornio.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006 08:37:47 AM »

Ha, my dear dad......He was once watching me knit, and he said to me "Where's the excitement?" I looked at him and said "What do you mean?" He said that it's the same thing, over and over, and that it's boring. I became confused and said "Knitting is boring?"....I still don't think it's humanly possible to think knitting is boring...But then again, most people I know are not crafty.

Oh, my geography teacher last year saw me knitting and said "Wow, you're older than me!" It was his last year of teaching before retirement and everyone started laughing and I got offended. He always said that he would get me a rocking chair for my birthday, but he sadly didn't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Bitches get stuff DONE!" - Tina Fey

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." - Salvador Dal
springtime
Creativity Unlimited

Creativity Unlimited

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006 08:49:20 AM »

A few weeks ago I started and finished my first guided-by-pattern project (big sweater, skully from s'n'b). I knitted non stop for three days, I knitted until I got migraine from staring at the stitches, I knitted like there was no tomorrow.
But I got myself an awesome sweater. and lots of awe from friends and family.

so, you can knit all day. but you might end up with a migraine. and a sweater.

I've never had any granny-comments thrown at me, though. people are really positive. but then agin, I promise them hand made stuff for christmas to keep em quiet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work in progress:
Cotton pullover, mixing 2 knitty.com patterns
Knitted Surprise for my sister, Vouge Knitting pattern
rockadot
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006 09:44:32 AM »

My roommates and boyfriend make fun of me sitting on the couch ALL DAY with my knitting. But it's summer vacation and we all lay around watching TV, but at the end of the day I have a sock and they don't.

My boyfriend usually gets annoyed when I'm knitting all the time because I don't pay enough attention to him, I guess. Today he told me that I take knitting too seriously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006 09:57:05 AM »

My roommates and boyfriend make fun of me sitting on the couch ALL DAY with my knitting. But it's summer vacation and we all lay around watching TV, but at the end of the day I have a sock and they don't.

My boyfriend usually gets annoyed when I'm knitting all the time because I don't pay enough attention to him, I guess. Today he told me that I take knitting too seriously.

Exactly! You have something to show for "being lazy and watching tv", they don't. Wink

There is no such thing as taking knitting too seriously. Wink But yes, paying attention to one's partner is a good thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
jaybirdiscrafty

Hi, it's been awhile!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006 10:29:25 AM »

I do all my crafts (crochet, embroider, sew, stencil, whatever) at all of our friend get togethers.  Apparently my new nickname is memaw.  A nickname for a grandmother.  I am only 33!!  Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006 10:51:43 AM »

Oh dear lol. I've been called Grandma a few times, as well. Pooh on them! I'd rather be a "Grandma" then a "baby" any day ^_~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Shortstuff411

Yarn Frog Princess and sometime Knittin' Kitten

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006 11:30:52 AM »

My Daughter, age 13 (who knits!!)- "Mummy, you're knitting is an obsession too far!"  Grin

I recently went on a camping holiday with my hubby and about 40 of our friends, to a Land Rover festival- When we arrived (I had knitted on the way) I got out the car with my knitting, and after a few jokes thrown my way about 'being an old Granny' (it's approx 90% men in the camp) Then they asked WHAT I was knitting- a hat for our forum mascot, "Mr. Cheeky". They soon thought it was cool and thought I was clever!!  Grin Lol, it turned out like a little SnB 'devil' hat!  Grin

(The next day I knitted a little red/black stripey Nautie, THEN they thought I'd lost the plot!) LOL.  Cheesy  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have...
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006 12:36:56 AM »

*laughs* Too cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will a digital camera make picture taking easier?
What is the difference between film and digital cameras?
How to Light Eyes Properly in a Movie or Photo
How to Take Better Pictures Part 1
How to Clean a Digital SLR Sensor
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...