A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
814 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please help me find this...  (Read 2360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moobaa
« on: August 18, 2004 08:19:40 PM »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/moobaa/whitelace.jpg

I really want this stuff and don't know where to get it! I want to make chokers with it, so the fancier the better. I really want it to be about an inch wide or wider, no smaller. What is it's name here in Aus? I've searched Brocade and came up squat.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013 07:08:37 AM by MissingWillow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your just jealous cause the voices only want to talk to me!
purple_hippo
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004 10:59:15 PM »

Try the trims section at Lincraft I suppose
And hey, even if you can't find that you can usually pick up some other funky trims.
let me know how you go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
moobaa
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004 02:23:51 AM »

Ahhhhhh  no.  I have tried lincraft and spotlight  Sad They only have the thin plain stuff.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_hippo
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004 04:03:27 AM »

awww, different branches?
try op shops to see if there's any old clothing you can rat, try $2 shops (I've picked up sooo many crafty saviours from there) and other cheap clothes stores I suppose to see if there's anything with a good trim you can use. Or a pillow with a nice edge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftaholic on the loose....I just....     ...need...          ...one...               ...more...                    ...shot...                         ...of craftahol...
blackheathen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004 11:52:14 AM »

Hi Moobaa,
I saw some of that stuff (I don't know what it's called either) at The Warehouse/Clints last week, but I can't remember if it was Lithgow or Penrith, (Lithgow I think). But that's where it probably originally came from - about a year ago they had heaps of it in stock in really beautiful colours and different styles.
Good Luck!
By the way, I just love your beaded animals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."
-Woody Allen
moobaa
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004 04:04:57 PM »

I saw some of that stuff (I don't know what it's called either) at The Warehouse/Clints last week, but I can't remember if it was Lithgow or Penrith, (Lithgow I think).

I'm assuming by your name that you live in blackheath? I found the same thing in dark blue at the warehouse last week in Lithgow. I live in Lithgow! Probably walked straight past you in the store!  Smiley
Anway all they call it on the pack is decorative trim, I know this stuff has a propper name!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laurajean

I love your little bow tie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004 07:54:23 AM »

I'd call it 'braid' though I'm sure there's an even properer name for it.

If you were in Melbourne, I could give you a bunch of addresses, but as you seem to be from Sydney, nada :-(

But i must say it's pretty easy to get from any good dressmaking supply shop - so not Lincraft
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my shop where I sell handbags from heaven
blackheathen
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004 06:36:04 AM »

I'm assuming by your name that you live in blackheath?

Yes......beautiful Blackheath......I have a consignment shop there called (what else!) Blackheathens selling locally made stuff. 
If you're passing by sometime, I'd love it if you popped in and introduced yourself (especially if you have any of your spectacular creations with you!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do not believe in an afterlife, although I am bringing a change of underwear."
-Woody Allen
Hanabi
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004 07:40:05 AM »

Totally late reply I know so I don't even know if you are even still after it Moobaa but if you're down Sydney way try dropping into Cabramatta - just the main street - there are so many fabric shops and any time I have needed something that i can't find anywhere else someone usually has it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maize

Let Love Rule!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004 08:28:54 AM »

Try www.mjtrim.com

Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missfox
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004 11:21:58 PM »

I think we were talking about this in the sydney thread. I finally made it into Marrickville but couldn't really see anything spectacular for once. It seems like you may have struck gold with the Clint's store, anyway. The $2 shope pulls through again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get a H&M Wedding Dress for $100
Hot Off the Red Carpet Prom Picks
Lawrence Zarian on Shapewear Dangers
How to Style a Casual School Outfit
Would You Wear This Outfit on Spring Break?
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...