A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: victoria/vancouver Skanda bead/jewelry store  (Read 2428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

auzzi
« on: August 18, 2006 06:22:26 PM »

just came across a bead/jewelry store in vancouver (1520 west 13th ave) that i never knew about. I didn't look around much but i think they specialize mainly in semi precious stones/beads (sold by strand AND (FINALLY) individually as well. They also sell custom made jewelry (the ppl who work there are apparently designers, according to their site) and offer classes. The downside: i have the feeling they are pricey... the store looked very high end/snobby. But GORGEOUS stuff... cool findings (silver, gold, vermeil) and beautiful, unique jewelry (take a look at the jewelry section on their site for awesome inspiration) - www.skanda.ca
    They also have a store in victoria according to their site. Has anyone heard of this store or been in it? Does anyone know the price range for findings and semi-precious stones? ... or any other info? i'm excited to have found a new possible store to buy beads at, but want to know the price range before i get too excited, if you know what i mean...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_kninja
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006 12:54:50 AM »

I live like, a block and half away from the Victoria Skanda - it's very swish!   It looks super nice, and from what I can tell they're a leetle pricey, but not unreasonable.  Sometimes when I walk home from work I see all their staff hunched around a big long table, just craftin'. 

*sigh*  I wanna do that. 

Yar, but it's a super cool place - great for semi-precious and precious tones, though I've never actually been able to afford them.  They just have  so much -variety-.   Wow.  I should check out their prices next week on my way to work.  ^_^   Hope that helps a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

auzzi
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006 07:03:38 AM »

thanks sooo much for the info... i just might check them out after all...it is so exciting to know of another vancouver bead shop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tookie
It's Spleentastic!

I'm more Peter Pan than you are.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006 10:42:07 PM »

I got a brochure from them in the mail when they opened up! Well, not really a brochure, but a postcard. You know the type. I have, however, never been.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Non est delirus in terra mea~
http://www.victorinia.blogspot.com
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007 03:38:16 PM »

I've been in the Victoria skanda store. I'm sad to say that while their beads and findings are GorGeOuS, the prices are unrealistic on much of their merchandise.  They were also a smidge on the snobby side.  Too bad given the selection, but I'll be sticking to my other local bead stores--more limited selection but much more friendly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to buy an Engagement Ring - Part 2
How to Buy an Engagement Ring - Part 4
How to Buy an Engagement Ring - Part 3
Audio Technica AT2020 Microphone Review
Platinum Advice - How to Assess the Value of Your Ring
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...