A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Costume-a-long  (Read 24648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fairysari
)'( deep playa walker )'(

guinea piggin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2006 05:44:31 PM »

Finally finished Peter Pan and Tinkerbell! I don't have pictures of the costumes being worn yet, but at least they are complete! I did take a lot of pictures though. Here are the completed costumes:

Peter's belt, dagger, fairy dust pouch:

and his hat:

Tinkerbell wings:

Wand:

Purse:

Oh and Peter's shoes:

I have a bunch more pics, but I think that's enough! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:Ravelry:.  .:Tumblr:.  .:Flickr:.
psmommy
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2006 06:50:13 PM »

My son had his Halloween Party last night at his school. When we got there we were able to put his name in a drawing for door prizes, and we got to go around a play lots of games to win little cheezy prizes.  Everybody commented on how much they liked his skunk costume.  We had fun, but left early because it was hot and they weren't drawing door prizes till today anyway.  SO, today I went to pick him up from school, and his teacher says to me "Oh, Parker has a little something in his cubby that he won from the party."
ME:  "He won a door prize?"   TEACHER:  "No, He got the prize for best costume!!"    AAAH!!   I think I was much more excited than my son!  The first costume I ever made and it won first prize!!  I just had to share.

I took lots of pix at the party and will be taking more on Sunday when he goes trick-or-treating. I'm hoping to get them posted next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tsarnicholas
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2006 02:12:03 PM »

psmommy--way to go on the best costume!  like i said, i love that costume. 

fairysari-- nice touch on pan's shoes!  do post some action shots, they look great on the hangers.  the wings look so good!

i am almost finished with my monsters--they just need eyeballs and teeth.  my fingers are sore from all the hand sewing.  i think i can, i think i can... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jojo485
jojo485

[= Ignorance=Bliss =]

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2006 03:23:39 PM »

:DHey,  gosh there are some great costumes on here  Shocked

ive nearly finished making my friends halloween costume
(arent i a good friend haha )

she wanted me to make her an Alice in wonderland dress Smiley

i shall post it here when i finish  hopefully tht will be on monday as she has to buy more ribbon for it tomorrow

hopefully itll turn out as planned *fingers crossed*

xxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xX =] Xx
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2006 10:28:38 AM »

i wore my rainbow brite costume last night!!!  there were a few other rainbow brites at the party i went to, but i was the only home sewn one Smiley   here is a picture taken just before i left for the party:

i did the dress without a pattern - i used elastic in the top to hold it up and the ribbon trim ties in the back which kept me from having to do any shaping.  the arm and leg warmers i crocheted from rainbow yarn and the shoes i just had lying around (sort of embarrassing, but i did!).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 07:51:53 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2006 12:32:42 AM »

Okay, here are a few pictures of my costume, I have a little basket i'm going to use as a purse and I'll do my makeup and put on some nylons and cute little shoes....but this is the part I made!!!

I modified Simplicity's 4008
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avsceriline
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2006 08:51:41 AM »

Okay, ladies, I finally finished the Anakin Skywalker costume I was making as a surprise for my Jedi boyfriend!

With the cape:

Without the cape:

And a close-up.

This is a photo that I worked off of:

I used a pattern for the cloak, tabards, and inner tunic, but made up my own outer tunic and pants patterns. The boots and thin outer belt were purchased, but everything else was made. Oh, and the lightsaber came from his personal collection.  Wink

As a die-hard Star Wars fan, he was absolutely thrilled with it. Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 02:51:00 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
bethntim
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2006 09:31:17 AM »

That is the best looking Jedi costume I have ever seen.  It looks theatrical grade, you did an awesome job.  Now what are you going to make for yourself!  Cheesy

I had to hit the "This Rocks" button because it is so cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

avivah
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2006 11:02:18 PM »

Hey guys! This is my mermaid costume so far (meaning I still have a few things to do...only attach "seaweed" to the top and what not...stuff like that). Plus I'll have seaweed in my hair, mermaid-y make up and green, silver, gold, and white glitter all over. Oh and I might wear my fake pearls.

and one of Poly, my lovely assistant:

"Keeping yourself clean keeps the fabric clean, Mommy." That's what she said.

It's all hand sewn. More on what I did/how I did it later. Oh, and of course full Halloween pictures after Tuesday! I promise much better pictures...the lighting was not good. I have more pictures than this, but photobucket is being slow.

Hmmm...stupid pms...I picked the perfect time to be a mermaid, huh? Perhaps I should cut out soft drinks....ha! who am I kidding. That's not going to happen. Oh I look so tired. I am tired...exhausted.

Pictures of the back and close-ups later, along with the Halloween pictures.

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 05:55:14 AM by photojenn - Reason: removed broken image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tsarnicholas
« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2006 11:48:42 PM »

it's hella late, but i just finished!  in the nick of time, how i manage most things...

no action shots yet, but here are the monster heads (imagine them worn with matching blue fuzzy jumpsuits) on the living room floor....

only i could look at a panda costume and envision this instead.

and here's one on my head!  note that it's slightly distorted because my fat head is larger than a 4 year old's head.

oh my god it's late.  good night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Headband Braid
How to Do a Kinky Twist
How to Fake Side-Swept Bangs
How to Ask for the Style You Want at the Salon
How to Create a Classic Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...