A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DNA tank?  (Read 5875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007 12:56:43 AM »

WOW!  that is AMAZING!!!!
Loks awesome, I can't wait to see how your variation turns out! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
smrjunior
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2007 05:11:17 AM »

well, the more i think about it, the more this tank as screaming at me to be knit in the round.  i mean, all the even rows of the clover lace are just purled, the torchon lace is actually written to be in garter, so making it st st would actually be easier in the round (just read the chart!), and the cable is written to be read either way (all the stitches in the even rows are just k on RS/p on WS or k on WS/p on RS).  plus, all the shaping (until you get to the armholes when it has to be split anyway) is just single decreases in a row, no binding-off 3 stitches or anything.  and i'd be able to try it on as i go.  good thing i only made it through 4 rows of ribbing last night before i went to bed...

what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
ozknitter

Why sleep when you can knit?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2007 05:38:50 AM »

I hoping you can do it in the round as I was looking to do a similar thing (coz I hate knitting flat).  Maybe you can try it for all of us who are too scared too  Smiley

Seriously, I can't see why it wouldn't work, though it would be much easier of your garter stitch became st st.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Susannah~

Come and see my creative side - weekendknits.blogspot.com
smrjunior
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2007 06:01:38 AM »

alright, brand new 16" US 8 circulars, here i come!

mmm, i was thinking about calling in sick today because my foot is killing me (i had surgery 2 months ago), but i toughened up and came in.  now i'm thinking about leaving... it's not like i have anything to do today anyway
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
Kuka
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007 08:35:19 PM »

your chart is awesome =)
I think the round might be the way to go too.
I'm still on Via Diagonale, but trying to do a full pattern repeat each day - that way I'll finish soon so I can start this - it's so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrjunior
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007 04:43:19 AM »

well i did start it in the round and i'm really liking the way it's going.  i put it on hold for a bit (since the wedding's not til this summer and i've got tons of stuff i need to get done in the meantime), but so far i'm about 12 rows into the lace/cable stuff.  i'll upload progress pics hopefully sometime soon, but right now i have no internets at home due to a slight violation of the digital millenium copyright act which caused the phone company to take away my internet access. 

woops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kuka
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007 03:07:56 PM »

whoooops Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrjunior
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007 04:17:12 PM »

haha, well i found out today that it wasn't my fault, it was the bf's.  apparently he downloaded adobe photoshop illegally.  good news/bad news, i guess.  good news is, i get to keep my illegal music!  bad news is the phone company is purposely holding our internet access for at least 10 days before they'll give it back....

which is why i'm currently pirating wireless from the neighbors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redwitch
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007 07:44:56 PM »

The chart for the helix comes from another pattern, a free scarf pattern available on the internet, yes? Has anybody knitted this? I can't see from any of the pictures which cable crosses over the other one, so I'm not sure whether the helix twists the way it's supposed to.
The designer seems to be a biologist, so I want to trust the pattern, but it's so commonplace even in scientific journals etc. to see a picture of the helix in mirror image/turning the wrong way, that I want to check! Does anyone have a repeat of the helix knitted to tell me whether it goes the right way?

Thanks! Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vildhavre
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2007 05:21:07 AM »

I haven't knitted it yet, but from the cart and pictures here http://www.twosheep.com/helix/ it looks like a right handed helix to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Steps to a Braided Updo
How to Stop Hair Static
Liv Tyler For Pantene in Chilled
How to Create a Soft Chignon for Fine Hair
A Quick 5-Minute Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...