A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DNA tank?  (Read 5995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

equisetaceae
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007 02:53:55 PM »

i want to join you guys.  although i've been knitting for a long while, this sweater seems a bit daunting (i don't know why, maybe because it just looks so intricate) and it would be nice to have the support of others! 
i'll look at yarn this wkd and get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kuka
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2007 06:31:20 PM »

oooh, that would be great!
I'm daunted too  Undecided
I still haven't started, on account of I am making knitty's via diagonale for my sister and it's taking much longer than I had expected Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrjunior
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007 08:13:00 AM »

i started this weekend and it takes so much concentration!  i'm using the cloverleaf lace pattern from SnBN, and it's not an 11-stitch repeat, which i think is making it harder, especially because that's where all the increasing and decreasing is done.  i think today i'm going to print out some graph paper and chart every single stitch, because trying to remember where to start on that lace pattern and how many stitches i have to count in from the end-- it's driving me nuts.  (yarrr!)  anyway, i'm about 4 inches in and it looks really good, so that's my major motivation right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
Kpuppy
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007 08:57:50 AM »

I think I'm going to make something like this, but I'm going to leave off the lace on the sides. I want to make a tank with just the DNA cable in the middle (and on the back).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kuka
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007 03:27:19 AM »

sounds great! - I can't wait to start mine too!
I've seen lots of cabled bags, and I'm thinking about trying with the DNA too - for some more instant gratification  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrjunior
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007 04:32:49 AM »

argh!!  i think i have to rip out everything i've done!  i'm working on charting everything out, and i noticed when i was knitting the other night that i somehow have an extra stitch in my clover lace-- turns out i had a yo towards the end of that lace panel and no corresponding decrease.  i'm thinking it will end up looking better (plus give me WAY fewer headaches in the long run) if i just rip it now.  and start over completely.  i should do it right?  especially since it's going to be a gift?  right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not another knitting blog.  no, seriously, it's just a blog.  that never gets updated.
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2007 12:14:01 PM »

I back you! If you are going to hate it and think that it will take away from the "gift" quality................ rip it, rip it! How far are you in? can you find where the error occoured and rip to there? (LOL sp!)
well if you think that it is the best course of action..............get to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
smrjunior
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2007 02:49:10 PM »

okay, i'm going to do it-- i'm about four inches into the front piece, and  the error occurred in the 3rd row of the lace, which means everything but the ribbing and the first two rows of pattern have to go!  basically what i did was i tried to sub a different lace pattern, but i should have just used a single repeat of the lace and then added st st to either side of the panel.  instead, i ended up with half a cloverleaf along the edge of the panel, with yo's but no decreases.

time to get to the ripping and the re-charting.  this chart is taking forever, but i feel like it's really going to be worth it in the long run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2007 02:59:48 PM »

Sweet! can't wait to see it! I bet it will be fabulous!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
smrjunior
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2007 06:46:01 PM »

the chart, she is finished:

it took FOREVER, especially because a) i'm starting with a size small and increasing at the bust to a size medium (so as to account for my friend's 38" chest and 26" waist) and b) i kept getting confused because the torchon lace repeat goes back and forth between 17 and 19 stitches, and it takes up 19 blocks on the chart and every time i counted my stitches i got thrown off.  but now it's done.  problem is, now i want to knit the whole thing in the round.  i've already frogged and cast on again, though, so i don't think that's going to happen.

thanks for the encouragement, maybe tonight i can get back to where i was before i frogged... probably not, though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:39:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Patchwork Blanket Design
How to Make Card Paper Flowers
How Make Paper Look Old
How to Make Personalized Luggage Tags
How to Design Your Own Patchwork Blanket Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...