A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 30-Something Swap?  (Read 11101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2006 01:51:32 PM »

I can organize - i haven't done one in a while and have been wanting to organize one again. I also have the time. I would love more feedback on ideas and time lines...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2006 02:08:04 PM »

Oooooo...thanks Kiki*eks!  You're the coolest!

You do it any way you'd like...I'm game for it all!  Whatever, whenever!

-RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
DayTripper
Character is what you are in the dark.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine" Proverbs 17:22

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2006 03:10:31 PM »

This will be rad!

-Day
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be a sinner and sin strongly, but more strongly have faith and rejoice in Christ."

-Martin Luther
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2006 04:40:29 PM »

Oooooo...thanks Kiki*eks!  You're the coolest!

You do it any way you'd like...I'm game for it all!  Whatever, whenever!

-RM

I am also game for anything...

To start, how about a little brainstorming on some of the basics
30-Something Swap (for those ages 30-39/born between 1966-1976)
Send date? Sept 20? 2 weeks of crafting?
do you prefer to send 
a<->b  ,  c<->d  or
a->b->c->d->a

some ideas:
- something based on the month and year your were born or just the year - this would have some research involved which can be fun
- theme on your favorite year of your choice
- list 3 or 5 themes from the 70's 80's that you would like crafted
- i guess i can just have a very detailed questionnaire (and I would love some suggestions for questions, pm me) and then we craft something around our answers.

Okay get your Devo caps on and let me know  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2006 05:30:13 PM »

It looks like this swap has some real momentum! I'll toss in my two cents... (and swap will go where it goes and that's cool with me!)

I'm with naelany and firehead4 in that I probably wouldn't join in if this turned out to be a strictly 80's themed swap (Not that there's anything wrong with that)  Wink

I liked the concept that we may have something in common even though we may not have a LOT in common, if that makes sense. I agree with firehead4's post:

Maybe it would be cool to tell our swap partner, "ok, here's what my life looks like now...blah blah blah..."
My current style and decorative tastes are....yadda yadda"

"I've come to appreciate...blah-zay-blah-skippy
...and whoop-dee-doo"

You can also add: color and music choices

Basically, it's one 30-something crafting for another!

And naelany, I totally feel what you're saying. My life/apartment/style/etc. isn't quite where I thought it would be at this point. I bet this could be a cool way to get something in your style, made for you and not handed down from anyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2006 05:47:42 PM »

kiki_eks..........I like the time frames that you're pondering.  They work for me.

Plus I think the questionaire that you are proposing will work well too.  I like the idea of crafting something based on the month and year you were born.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2006 07:58:00 PM »

I'm good with the dates...

I see where naelany is coming from, too.  A lot of us would have no place in our 'now grown-up' spaces for a punk rock collage or tie-dyed slip covers. Also,
I really think she's saying that having our 'peers' swapping with us is the cool part.  I don't want someone sending me the 'latest fads', but I'm not quite ready for a puff-painted sweat shirt, either.

I think it will be best just to fill our questionaires with things that are our style and our swap partners could work from that.  But, like I said...I'm game for whatever...I really wouldn't mind having 'Jeannie' from I Dream of Jeannie embroidered on a dish towel, or coasters with JJ's face on them...Dy-no-mite!!!!   Grin

That's just me, though!

Micol '73
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2006 10:20:27 PM »

I love this idea and I like where it's going as far as theme/questionaire. But I may not make this one because of the timeline of a couple other swaps I'm involved in. I'll follow along though.

Hey RecycleMicol - sounds like you have another theme going for a swap in the future (that maybe you'll organize) full of pop culture things for 30-somethings.

But for now I do like the lifestyle/where we're at now sort of theme for this swap.

Indigo "Summer of Love 1967"Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2006 10:24:41 PM »

i also wanted to chime in that i might need more than 2 weeks to craft!

blizzard of '72
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2006 12:30:33 AM »

And naelany, I totally feel what you're saying. My life/apartment/style/etc. isn't quite where I thought it would be at this point. I bet this could be a cool way to get something in your style, made for you and not handed down from anyone!

Yeah, problem is, I haven't a clue what I want my style to be yet. Because of where we are in our lives at the moment, there didn't seem to be any point to pin stuff like that down yet lol. I mean, I look at stuff, and go "ohh, I like that" but can turn around and see something else I like that doesn't really go too well with the first. Know what I mean?

Kiki_eks...can you extend or belay the sign up time so I can join in?HuhHuh It ends a week before I'm allowed to join my first swap Sad
Also, the questionaire seems a good idea. I'm not sure what to put in it, aside from what's already been suggested throughout the threads though.
Hmm...just a thought. But maybe make a list of what we would like to have crafted. A minimum of 3 different things, like for example something that's specific for your birthyear. Something that's significant for whatever milestone is important (wedding, birth of first child..etc. etc.). That sort of stuff? Sound ok?

I see where naelany is coming from, too.  A lot of us would have no place in our 'now grown-up' spaces for a punk rock collage or tie-dyed slip covers. Also,
I really think she's saying that having our 'peers' swapping with us is the cool part.  I don't want someone sending me the 'latest fads', but I'm not quite ready for a puff-painted sweat shirt, either.

Totally what I was trying to get at lol. I mean, retro is cool and all, but...more something I'd give to my 12 year old niece then keep for myself, ya know? I just think it's cool to have someone who's in the same "time frame" as me, craft something. Not that the younger (or older!) can't do a good job, it's just..cool.

Maybe someone else has good ideas to add to this??? I'm totally happy that Kiki_eks is taking on the organizing, thanks for that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
L*Space By Monica Wise 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, Miami Beach
Red Carter 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Mara Hoffman 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Aqua Di Lara 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Caffe 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...