A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 30-Something Swap?  (Read 11427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006 07:26:36 AM »

Proud to be 33!!!  My avatar pic was taken this past Christmas, so I don't think I look my age!  My husband keeps me young...he just turned 29!  Hee-hee.

LOL, mine's turning 25 in December Wink. Yes, having younger hubbies helps keep us younger (though at times it also makes me feel very old lol)

Ohh the 80's.... funny thing is, that while I was growing up in the 80's, I hated it. I didn't like many of the movies, I hated the music, didn't like the clothes (Well, those I still don't like much lol). For music, I grabbed back to the 50's through the 70's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006 08:18:39 AM »

LOL, mine's turning 25 in December Wink. Yes, having younger hubbies helps keep us younger (though at times it also makes me feel very old lol)

Like when we get together with any of his friends or cousins...and I'm the oldest one in the group?  Yeah.

Ohh the 80's.... funny thing is, that while I was growing up in the 80's, I hated it. I didn't like many of the movies, I hated the music, didn't like the clothes (Well, those I still don't like much lol). For music, I grabbed back to the 50's through the 70's.

I don't relate very well to the 80's either...I was a Christian punker, so all of the music I listened to was very obscure and hard to find.  In the 70's and 80's I really loved the classic movies and TV re-runs the best. (Of course, ANY cartoons from old-old to the 80's, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith, Gomer Pile, Leave It To Beaver, My Favorite Martian, The Munsters, The Addam's Family, Mr. Ed, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Buck Rodgers, Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits (old) etc.)  I guess some of the more contemporary ones that came out that we did like were Little House, Chips, The Incredible Hulk, Knight Rider, The A-Team, MacGyver, Airwolf, The Outer Limits (new), Amazing Stories, The Cosby Show, Magnum PI, Quincy M.E., The list goes on and on!

But, I figured if the swap is on a topic that I didn't really 'get into' in my past, I could just post something that we DID like about _____ (whatever it is...music, movies, memories), and my swap partner could try to accomodate me.

Didn't mean to make this so long...I had fun remembering the old shows!  And I didn't eve GET to all the movies & favorite Christian Rock Music! Sheesh!

Later!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006 09:16:10 AM »

Like when we get together with any of his friends or cousins...and I'm the oldest one in the group?  Yeah.

Yeah, pretty much. The church group we went to, which had mostly his friends in it (until they became mine also lol), I was the second oldest. Like I said, it makes me feel so old sometimes...

I don't relate very well to the 80's either...I was a Christian punker, so all of the music I listened to was very obscure and hard to find.  In the 70's and 80's I really loved the classic movies and TV re-runs the best. (Of course, ANY cartoons from old-old to the 80's, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith, Gomer Pile, Leave It To Beaver, My Favorite Martian, The Munsters, The Addam's Family, Mr. Ed, Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Buck Rodgers, Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits (old) etc.)  I guess some of the more contemporary ones that came out that we did like were Little House, Chips, The Incredible Hulk, Knight Rider, The A-Team, MacGyver, Airwolf, The Outer Limits (new), Amazing Stories, The Cosby Show, Magnum PI, Quincy M.E., The list goes on and on!

But, I figured if the swap is on a topic that I didn't really 'get into' in my past, I could just post something that we DID like about _____ (whatever it is...music, movies, memories), and my swap partner could try to accomodate me.

lol There's a lot of shows I liked on TV, like Airwulf, Cosby, Knight Rider and all them. Just mostly..not so much for the rest of the culture. I'm only just now starting to appreciate some of the music from back then. Hey, kind of works out right? I went back decades while growing up, I'm working my way towards the present now Wink
I'm sure we can all figure something out. I think it's a wonderful idea and really, really hope I'll be able to join in.  Did we ever find someone to organize this shindig?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2006 09:28:29 AM »

Firehead4...are you up to organizing this 30-fest?  It was, after all, your great idea!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2006 10:52:01 AM »

Well...I prefer to be more of the idea person Wink

The organizer part is not really my forte. Undecided

Also, I like that we share decades of growing up, but I don' t neccessarily want this to become an 80's type swap...people are welcome to do that, but I was thinking more about who we are in the present...however, majority rules, and since I'm not the organizer, you, as a group should run with the ideas as you wish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2006 10:53:17 AM »

I think it'd be better (not to mention way cooler) to have the broader spectrum, rather then being "stuck" with one decade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2006 11:00:19 AM »

Maybe it would be cool to tell our swap partner, "ok, here's what my life looks like now...blah blah blah..."
My current style and decorative tastes are....yadda yadda"

"I've come to appreciate...blah-zay-blah-skippy
...and whoop-dee-doo"

You can also add: color and music choices

Basically, it's one 30-something crafting for another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2006 11:09:57 AM »

Yeah, I suppose so...though I have to admit that at the moment, I don't really have a "style" to speak of. We're still living with the hand me downs and thrifted furniture and stuff lol. We're only just now slowly able to look at what we want and work towards that, rather then ok we need and will have to make do. Know what I mean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2006 11:23:19 AM »

i love the idea of this but im DEFINATLY not 30 something
more like 10 something  (14)
maybe someone will organize one with just people my age!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2006 11:48:02 AM »

i love the idea of this but im DEFINATLY not 30 something
more like 10 something  (14)
maybe someone will organize one with just people my age!

I thought I saw a 'teen' swap...it may have been in the gallery or discussion pages.  Check there to see.

Good Luck!

Anyone else want to be an Organizer?  I can't yet...not enough swaps under my belt.

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Ways to Fix Static Cling
Sarah Jessica Parker Shows Off Her New Shoe Line for Nordstrom
Angel Sanchez Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
Which Country Has the Best Olympic Uniforms This Year?
The Best Dressed Stars at the Grammys!
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...