A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
336 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Project and Pattern Swap  (Read 5070 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tejer
« on: August 18, 2006 11:07:44 AM »

You can post your beautiful embroidered works of art here--we are all excited to see what has been made and received. Smiley

Original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=113047.0

Participants:

tejer----yamwam
trifarina----GatsbyGirl
beetastic----joolz----chelleyf----beetastic

(The last one means that beetastic makes for joolz, joolz for chelleyf, and chelleyf for beetastic)

Status of swap members

GatsbyGirl--sent; received by Trifarina
yamwam--sent; received by tejer
tejer--sent; package rec'd by yamwam
Trifarina--sent; package rec'd by GatsbyGirl
chelleyf--sent; package rec'd by Beetastic
Beetastic--sent; package rec'd by joolz
joolz--sent; package rec'd by chelleyf
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006 10:16:31 AM by tejer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chelleyf
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006 10:57:57 AM »

I recieved from joolz & they are the cutest little veggies on cocktail napkins.  The pattern that she sent were sublimes winter wonderland, my first sublime patterns.  I love the stuff she sent me for this swap & it is a very fun swap!
I'm having problems w/ my pic so here is the link, sorry.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chelleyf/my photos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006 08:15:56 AM »

joolz--great work on these! Chellyf, you are one lucky recipient. The winter wonderland patterns are great to have with Christmas coming up too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006 07:19:07 PM »

joolz--great work on these! Chellyf, you are one lucky recipient. The winter wonderland patterns are great to have with Christmas coming up too.  Smiley

Thanks tejer! 

I received my amazing swap package today from beetastic. My camera is broken and due to some family issues I am not sure when it will be fixed.  I hope Bekah took pics and will post them.  She sent me like 50 copies of patterns that I can make with my sulky pen, a super awesome one with 3 gnomes and it says tres gnombres.. Smiley

I got 4 martini napkins and a great green totebg with a poodle and stars on it.  I love all of my stuff..

Beetastic rocks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006 07:36:37 PM »

Joolz - I am so glad you like the items. I had so much fun making them.  I did take a picture of the bag but not the napkins (well I did but the camera did not work)  I have a picture of ones similar I made for a friend. I have posted it here along with the tres gnombres you were talking about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flowerchild75/sets/72157594214026115/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006 07:40:46 PM »

I received mine today from chelleyf.

4 place mats, Aunt Martha's holiday iron-on and some other ones I can trace. She also sent a transfer pencil and a lovely card.  I love it all so much.  Her stitches are very beautiful.  I thought I would point that out since the pictures do not do it justice.

Here it is.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flowerchild75/sets/72157594214026115/detail/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006 08:56:13 AM by Beetastic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006 07:42:18 PM »

That's a great bag Beetastic, and those gnomes are neat. I love Day of the Dead so anything with skulls or skeletons drinking is fine by me.

I just need to take my photos and I can send out my package tomorrow.

Whee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Beetastic
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006 09:07:31 AM »

GatsbyGirl - Thanks!  I loved making it.  I love the Day of the Dead stuff too.  I found those gnomes so long ago at the time I had no idea what I would do with them.  I was just so glad to find a purpose for them. 

I can not wait to see what you did.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006 09:00:57 AM by Beetastic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006 08:54:59 PM »

Darn. Trifarina is going to be away from home until mid-September so it's going to be awhile before she gets her package.  Cry

I'm so impatient. I'm always the person who finds it impossible to wait until Christmas to give people their gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006 12:05:22 PM »

chelleyf and Beetastic--I love what you both made.

Beetastic--I agree that the bag is gorgeous. I love the tres gnombres--gotta love the Spanglish. The cocktail napkins are adorable too--made even more impressive by the metallic thread.

chelleyf--the placemats look perfect. I like how you varied the colors especially.

Looking forward to seeing more pics. I'm finally able to send out today to yamwam because the long awaited item came in the mail yesterday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006 07:12:59 PM »

I'm sorry!!!
(I usually hand out Christmas presents in November...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006 10:25:33 AM »

Looking forward to seeing some more pics... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006 09:34:40 PM »

OK, so I got my package from Trifarina today and, in short, it's awesome.

She sent me a binder that she covered with embroidered felt, as well as a sewing roll for my pins and needles (that has a ribbon loop on it so that I can just snap it into the binder).

The front of the binder and sewing roll:

Close up of the binder embroidery. Where it's white it's cut out, making little eyelets:

And here's the back of the sewing roll when it's spread out:

Inside the binder are plastic sleeves that I can use to organize patterns, one of which she already thoughtfully filled with copies of Chinese papercuts. But wait, there's more, she also included a little felt pouch with a cd that has hundreds of images -- everything from vintage ads to flowers to rubber stamps to crop circles.

The pink and brown is a color combination I'm completely enthralled with right now and I'm always crazy for any new way to get myself organized.

Thanks Trifarina. You're a kicka** swap partner -- and your french knots aren't too shabby either. Now, I must go browse all my goodies and plot my take over of the world ... er ... next craft project.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 08:36:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006 01:15:22 PM »

Wow, Trifarina, the stuff you made GatsbyGirl is so cute! I love the colour combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
tejer
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006 05:34:35 PM »

That is really great stuff. I never would have thought to cover a binder with felt and embroider it. What a great idea! I've been thinking of making myself a little needle book too...and now I feel like I need one.

Love the color combos, cut work, and everything about these items really!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006 08:12:50 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything GatsbyGirl!!!

I'm away from my main stash of supplies right now so I was a bit worried the idea would lose something in translation. 

I can't wait to get my package this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006 08:58:31 AM »

Weeeeeee! Received a sweet package from tejer today! Inside were a handkerchief embroidered with a blue bird, a tea towel embellished by a tree scene, and a cool Sublime Stitching pattern set called Spaced Out, which I've actually been eyeing for some time. Hurrah!

All together:

Detail of bird handkerchief:

Detail of tree tea towel (trea towel?):

Tejer's embroidery is enviably neat and precise and I love the colours she used. Thank you so much, and thanks again for organizing!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 02:26:28 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Beetastic
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006 09:28:33 AM »

tejer - They look great!  You did a wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006 09:30:30 AM »

Why am I not finding Spaced Out on her website?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yamwam
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006 10:14:15 AM »

Why am I not finding Spaced Out on her website?

It's called Atomique now: http://sublimestitching.com/atomique.html

I saw a post on a board here where someone had embroidered the patterns onto a space-themed purse. It was so cute! I wish I'd bookmarked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006 11:18:52 AM »

Quote from: yamwam link=topic=115319.msg1155538#msg1155538

It's called Atomique now: [url
http://sublimestitching.com/atomique.html[/url]

I saw a post on a board here where someone had embroidered the patterns onto a space-themed purse. It was so cute! I wish I'd bookmarked it.

of course! I was thinking the tree & the bird were from a sublime stitching pattern called Spaced out.

Oops. Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tejer
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006 06:12:36 PM »

So glad that everything arrived!

The tree and the bird were free patterns from needlecrafter.com--they were both labeled to be by Alice Brooks. The atomique patterns are so fun. I've seen some cute things done with them--by beetastic for one!

It's funny--sometimes I feel like my crafts look better in pics than in person, or maybe it's just yamwam's great photo skills. Smiley I had a lot of fun making the towel and hankie and know that they are in a good home now. I couldn't have parted with them otherwise. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006 05:53:22 AM »

Wanna see the fabulous stuff I received from yamwam? I know you do!

It is a sugar skull tea towel, a packet of great patterns, and a very cute knitting card. The sugar skull towel is done all in chain stitch, with I think just 2 threads of floss. I am so impressed! I love it so much and can't imagine just using it in my kitchen. I really need to find a way to feature it in my classroom for the whole month of October! (I'm a Spanish teacher.)

Here are the pics

THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006 01:55:37 PM »

Nice job yamwam. What do you use to transfer onto black fabric? Are the sugar skulls original or adapted sketches?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006 08:01:04 AM »

Nice job yamwam. What do you use to transfer onto black fabric? Are the sugar skulls original or adapted sketches?

Thanks! The sugar skulls are adapted from a Day of the Dead colouring page I found on the Internet: http://www.multiculturalarts.com/colorskull.pdf. What I embroidered doesn't look exactly like the colouring page because I didn't trace it, I drew freehand on the black fabric. I originally used a white pencil crayon but it kept rubbing off so I tried again with a silver gel pen, which worked way better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006 07:54:27 AM »

I haven't figured out where I packed my camera yet (damn forced nomadic life style), but rest assured you will soon be seeing some truly awesome loot from Gatsby Girl. 

She sent me some wonderful cards and a totally awesome blinged out flash drive with patterns!

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006 10:17:52 AM »

Thanks to all for being such awesome swappers! We officially had a successful swap. Can't wait to see your pics Trifarina... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2006 10:26:50 PM »

Since Trifarina has received and is still in the throes of unpacking after a long trip, I figured I'd go ahead and post the photos of the package I sent her -- one more thing she can cross off her to-do list.

Here is the group shot:

The package consisted of three embroidered notecards and a "blinged out" flash drive with patterns based on 90-some classic tattoo designs.

I tried to mix up each of the cards a little, so the seahorse is done with a split stitch using variegated pink floss.

Stem stich all the way, baby.

The body is chain stitch. Then there are the beads. Ummm, yeah, I kind of got carried away with the beads. But, like rhinestones, I think everything's better with beads.

So, there they all are. I'm so pleased you liked everything, Trifarina. And I do believe this concludes the show-and-tell portion of this here swap.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006 10:33:40 PM by GatsbyGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006 05:46:48 AM »

oh....I am so sad that I passed on this one!  I LOVE the jellyfish card...it's so beautiful...and it woulndn't have the same impact if you left the beads out. 

Everything is so beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
Beetastic
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006 08:41:36 AM »

I love the Jelly Fish.  You did a fantastic job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yamwam
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006 08:44:51 AM »

Those cards are fantastic! I love the jellyfish, and what a good idea to use variegated floss for the seahorse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Trifarina

apathetic misanthrope

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006 09:56:54 AM »

(never mind...  I didn't look at all the posts before I got these up...  I couldn't find my camera so I brought them to work and scanned them.  Sorry)

Here are the amazing cards GatsbyGirl sent me!  She did some stalking and sent me marine organisms!  Yea!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 08:36:22 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006 10:20:35 AM »

GatsbyGirl--I love the notecards! I don't think you can ever have too many beads. The jellyfish is my fave.

I love the stuff in our gallery so much that I've been back about 10 times just to have second looks at what everyone made. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AllieStar
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006 11:20:03 AM »

I wasn't even in this swap and I've been back a million times to see everyone's things again and again and again! Smiley I hope there's a Round 2, I really want to be in it!

I really said to my computer (or dog?) out loud, "That's beautiful..." when I saw that jellyfish. Amazing work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Here Is a Fantastic Green Bean Tempura Recipe
Quick and Easy Asian Rib Rub Recipe
Spring Naan Bread Pizzas Recipe
How to Make a 15-Minute Egg Drop Soup
How to Make Steamed Pork Buns
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...