A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FAQ: All swaps require you to have completed two already?  (Read 13441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006 03:57:18 AM »

"Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more"

abbynormal, you are not the first swapper to be confused by this wording. I think we may need to go in and change it!

Actually, unless an organizer specifies a number of swaps that one must have completed before signups, you are welcome to join ANY swap for your first swap. You must, however, successfully complete that first swap before you sign up for multiple swaps (up to 5) at a time.

Happy swapping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006 05:03:40 AM »

I merged two threads... so don't think someone is kookie for asking the same question again.  Make sure to look at the individual post topics.  Hehe.... Smiley

Ms. Racky has got the ball rolling on reviewing the confusing wording!  Hopefully we'll get it updated soon for ya guys and for new swappers as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
abbynormal
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006 01:53:02 PM »

You know what's really funny? I searched and searched for someone else asking that question last night and I couldn't find one! But, I was tired and watching flashdance at the same time! Maybe I was distracted! Thanks for the help and advice, fellow craftsters!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good morning sunshine!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006 01:59:03 PM »

Aww... Smiley  It's okay.  It was in another folder, so I pulled it over here where I thought it fit in better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

UUmom2many
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008 10:54:16 AM »

I've been looking at the swaps but apparently since I've never done one I can't enter any...at least none of the ones I've looked at which has been about 6, that would apply to me or I have interest in. Is there a first timer swap or something that I can join?

Crystal
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crystal

Homeschooling mom to five, 2 with special needs. Fabric hoarder, urban homesteader, writer, weight lifter and general crafty bitch.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008 10:56:12 AM »

Are you sure you aren't looking at the Organizer requirements for those swaps?  Be sure to look at the Participant section. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008 02:58:57 PM »

I have that problem too.... I really want to participate in a swap, but none that I can tell, allow first timers... ...At the disgression of the organizer, of course they're going to decide that you have already done two swaps to make their jobs eaiser (which I don't blame them) so... It's pretty difficult for a first timer to get into swapping. I really want to... but if we send in a request, then we'll just be denied... so we have no options. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008 04:01:41 PM »

I have that problem too.... I really want to participate in a swap, but none that I can tell, allow first timers... ...At the disgression of the organizer, of course they're going to decide that you have already done two swaps to make their jobs eaiser (which I don't blame them) so... It's pretty difficult for a first timer to get into swapping. I really want to... but if we send in a request, then we'll just be denied... so we have no options. Sad

I think you're probably reading the form incorrectly.  Be sure you are looking at the Participant requirements for the swap and NOT the Organizer requirements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008 04:30:57 PM »

I'm just about to start organizing my third swap (Valentine's "classroom" card - it's listed in the new swap ideas section) I always welcome first time swappers. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
fishgurll
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009 09:33:01 PM »

I think I read through the swaps that are currently posted about 50 times. You were right initially, I was reading the Organizer requirement but the Participant requirements ALSO says need you to have already done a swap in order to join...
Is this a regular thing? To only post swaps with this requirement: Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time.

Am I missing something? Cause I really want to get involved.

Thx

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- I use antlers in all of my decorating -
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cocoa Peanut Butter Cookies With Jam Recipe
How to Make Baseball Player Bomb Pops
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
How to Make Mixed Berry Cobbler
How to Make Caramelized Squash & Apple Crisp
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...