A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Something... Llama.  (Read 505 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MADness323
« on: August 17, 2006 11:54:05 PM »

I just got back from a beach trip with some my dad, his girlfriend, siblings and their friends, and my boyfriend. (by the way, on this trip he gave me a promise ring and im suuupar happy, heheee)

anyways. our anniversay is coming up. its not a big deal anniversary or anything, but i know hes making me something.
Im going to make him and me matching friendship bracelets with these pretty dragon bead things, one of those decorated altoids boxes with some shells and pictures from our trip in it,

and what I want the big present to be is something LLAMA.

The beach we went to is called Jalama, which i've been going to for years with the family and this year i took him, and i never noticed before he said it that 'llama' is in jaLAMA. And we all started calling it llama land. well, i was so close to winning this cute llama stuffie on Ebay but was outbid at the last minute  Sad i wanted to suprise him with it on the trip.

So does anyone know of either any good llama patterns for sewing or any other good ideas i could give the boyfriend?

(hehehe sorry this was so drawn out  Tongue )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
jpatti
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006 12:51:52 PM »

I'm crazy about llamas myself and the best gift someone could give me along those lines would be... an actual llama.  Wink

Assuming that is out, what likely caused my llama madness was that when I was 3 or 4 years old, a decade or four ago, the original Dr. Doolittle movie had an animal called a push-me-pull-you.  Basically, it was a couple llamas, sorta siamese llamas, joined at the waist so there was a front-end of a llama on both ends and no backend. 

I think if you make plushies and found a llama-like pattern and double it up like that, it'd be very kewl.  And if your boyfriend doesn't like it, you can send it to me.  Wink

If you don't make plushies, you could always buy a couple llama plushies and conduct surgery like a mad scientist to construct a push-me-pull-you.

You may even be able to buy one on ebay; I do recall having a push-me pull-you toy as a child.  I seem to remember it as a plushie that had a string you pulled and "talked" to you.  I imagine it probably argued with itself, but I really don't remember much - I was only 3 or 4 when I had it.

There may be even more recent push-me-pull-you items availabile from the more recent version of the movie.  I didn't see it, so don't know if the push-me-pull-you was even in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintbamboo
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006 12:56:05 PM »

what if you found a good horse pattern and modified the neck and head? and probably the body a bit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
MADness323
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006 12:57:44 PM »

HAHAHA now I need to make a push-me-pull-you for myself, thats an awesome idea. maybe he'd like it cause its random, heheeh.

Thats a good idea, with the horse pattern thing. Didnt think of that..
Now, just to find a good horse pattern, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
Weemac
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006 01:09:44 PM »

cant tell you anything to make but have you listened to the llama song on youtube.com?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006 01:30:32 PM »

I had forgotten about the push-me-pull-you!  My son (5yo) loves Llama's too.  He thinks llama is a funny word (he's right) and he calls me Mama Llama. Grin  I may have to try to make one of these as well!  Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
talmina
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006 07:01:10 PM »

The guys at Maxis (the makers of the Sims)  are obsessed with llamas, and they made a street sign for in the game thats like a llama crossing sign (you know the ones you see on highways that tell you where different types of wildlife will most likely be crossing).  I would totally make him one!!!  Just find a llama sillhouette and get some yellow and black paint and some plywood or something, just make sure he can hang it on his wall before you make it.  It will be a huge hit with his friends too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006 07:08:16 PM »

Oh yeah, the Llama Song! I love it! Maybe a fuzzy llama and a funny llama. You can see the song on dumbvideos.com too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Short Anime Characters
How to Do Basic Paint Handling Techniques
How to Choose Paint and Colours
How to Apply Graffiti
A Guide to Controlling a Graffiti Can
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...