A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I would like to see your apartment balcony!! pics please! :)  (Read 7951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

medusaorange
« on: August 17, 2006 07:17:06 PM »

i would love to get some ideas for my balcony when i move in my first ever apartment. so, share the pictures if you have any! Smiley of course, i will take the photos of my balcony when i move in.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006 07:19:59 PM by medusaorange » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiorelli
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006 08:10:10 PM »

i just saw one on this board: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110826.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaxGirl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006 01:17:29 PM »

Would you mind a picture of my porch?  We painted it this year and got new furniture so I am proud of it, lol.

I am nearly 50(yikes), and this is the very first time we bought furniture for the porch.  We always had stuff that someone gave us or was throwing out!  I was able to alter the old cushions and make them work for the new stuff.  The cushion covers I just got at Ikea from the AS-IS room for $2.00 each.

The throw pillows are Ikea 99cent throw pillows covered in fabric from my stash.

The hanging globes are old light fixture covers from house and goodwill, and plain old glass jars.  There is some old blue glass gravel (came from a fish tank) in the bottoms, and they hang from wires wrapped around the lip.  I put tea lights in them and they look great when they are lit.

It's not visable in this picture, but there is also a table my husband made from and old chair base and a wood deck tile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bela-Kiss
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007 10:17:47 AM »

oh...I would put up curtain-y things on the side, with a little chair, maybe a plant, and definitly a cool windchime.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007 10:41:00 AM »

I'll take some pics this evening (if its still light out). I have some chairs (just basic) and TONS of plants! My honey is quite the greenthumb so we have a snake plant, some sort of yucca thing, a pretty good sized ficus tree, a philodendron (sp?) and a boston fern as well as my pride and joy...a miniature yellow rosebush! and assorted mini cacti. I also hung a pretty glass birdfeeder and we get tons of birds (which my cats adore!) Word of caution about the bird feeder, though, if you have plants underneath it, the knocked out seeds will sprout in them, and we have poo all over the railing underneath the feeder (we will probably move the feeder to the back balcony that has no plants). I will try to get pics for you later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007 09:04:03 PM »

Vaxgirl, nice porch! I like th color scheme. It really pops!

Jshires, I will be waiting for pictures! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
artoo1121
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007 04:44:10 PM »

Here are some pics of my balcony, although most of my plants have died.  Since I get very little sun, I have to crowd all of my plants around the very front.  I realized after I took these that the lighting is not the best, but you get the general idea.

My favorite things are the little froggy (if you can see him) and the two cinder blocks my boyfriend painted.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my store, Portrait of a Penguin!  Learn the history of the ancient penguins!

Come check out my blog, Geek Central Station!
peanutbuttanjellay

Craft your life!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007 10:05:46 AM »

I'll be moving into my very first apartment soon too!  I think that the flowerboxing do wonders to a porch/balcony.  I especially love the overhanging vines that I've seen on some people's porches.  I plan on mixing vines and flowers in the boxes and placing my large, tropical tree plants on the floor.  I won't be moving in until about Aug. 1st but I'll be sure to post pics asap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008 03:10:35 PM »

This is exactly what I was looking for!  My balcony is no fun so I was looking for ways to make it better.  I have a "main" area, then there's a small area that leads to the water heater, which isn't a good spot for a chair, but the thin wooden tables layered with plants would look lovely out there.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
FaeryDust
Faery Dust's Profile

Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008 09:17:58 PM »

Hey there!! You know some good plants that require shade are hosta plants, and spider plants.  Those would be perfect in your little balcony.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps if anybody is interested please PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tom Bromley Talks About the 1980s
Nora McFarland Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Vincent Flynn Talks About Extreme Measures
Meet Author Tristan Bancks
A Message From Audrina Partridge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...